D-Day This Friday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That was the highlight watching Mark Nichols backing up a break and scoring untouched from 20m or whatever from the line.
Mark Nichols will remember that try for the rest of his life because it was his only 20m run away try in his career . And it was against us . It was against our Manly
How do we feel ???
We feel like a Tooheys
We feel like a Tooheys or two to drown our Manly Sorrows
Cheers Boys !
1715508397864.png

Mark Nichols will remember that try for the rest of his life because it was his only 20m run away try in his career . And it was against us . It was against our Manly
How do we feel ???
We feel like a Tooheys
We feel like a Tooheys or two to drown our Manly Sorrows
Cheers Boys !
View attachment 27005
And compared to the Sipps effort covering the inside that caused the break… 🤬

I think we will still make the 8 but our lack of depth will probably cost us a spot in the top 4.

We could, and really should, be in the top 4. We could even quite easily have been in first place right now. Every game we lost could and should have been won. Dud ref calls cost us the Eels game and the win against the warriors, goal kicking would have been enough to win us the raiders game, and a bit more heart would have been enough to win the Dragons and Dolphins games.

But the injuries to Turbo and Saab are a worry. Our depth in the outside backs is pretty ordinary. I assume Koula to FB (which given how Tom has been playing might actually be a net positive) which weakens the centres, and Saab is our best winger. It leaves us pretty scant.

I fear Saab may be as fragile as Turbo. Incredible speed, questionable winger skill set in scoring tries. Thankfully, his hit ups have improved out of sight… BUT, there were questions around his mindset and toughness early on. I think they are valid.

For mine Friday is a must win game. The interest from my perspective is no so much about the 2 points but much more how these guys pick themselves up from adversity....some embarrassing losses / scrappy wins plus now Turbo and Saaby out for an extended period of time. R they a serious contender for the title....this year? This game will tell us.

Going to somehow have to find that level of resilience and defensive resolve that got the edge over quality sides like the Panthers and Roosters earlier on .
Still a quite competitive forward lineup if they can all hit their straps and with Haumole returning fresh . Would still be inclined to use Burbo in the 2 nd row despite a reasonable consideration to go to the centres .
Bully , Waddell , Lodge or Brown to add some decent imputes from the bench .
Can" t see why Garrick and Talau can not form a worthwhile centre combo .
Paulo and Vagea and Koula as the back 3 are all capable of going well or well enough .
Much will depend on how well D C E and to a lesser extent Brooksy can up their games and to give some better direction and game management .
Broncs have really had the wood over Manly in magic round the past couple of seasons , not saying that there can be a definite turnaround on Friday but would like to think that the selected Manly side will have a red hot go and try to hold their game together for the full 80 and give themselves some type of a chance

Going to somehow have to find that level of resilience and defensive resolve that got the edge over quality sides like the Panthers and Roosters earlier on .
Still a quite competitive forward lineup if they can all hit their straps and with Haumole returning fresh . Would still be inclined to use Burbo in the 2 nd row despite a reasonable consideration to go to the centres .
Bully , Waddell , Lodge or Brown to add some decent imputes from the bench .
Can" t see why Garrick and Talau can not form a worthwhile centre combo .
Paulo and Vagea and Koula as the back 3 are all capable of going well or well enough .
Much will depend on how well D C E and to a lesser extent Brooksy can up their games and to give some better direction and game management .
Broncs have really had the wood over Manly in magic round the past couple of seasons , not saying that there can be a definite turnaround on Friday but would like to think that the selected Manly side will have a red hot go and try to hold their game together for the full 80 and give themselves some type of a chance
Hey Al. Got a good feeling about this game. Bounce back factor, Brown back, Lodge and Sips hopefully more match fit than what we have seen, Tolu at FB with thankfully a lot more space. Talau should be in the centres so that opens up the wings. Love to see Seibold give young Lehi Hopoate and Clayton Faulalo a chance on the wings but he will probably go with tried and true in Paulo and Vaega. Cherry back on his favourite park. It's the game to make a statement in.

My only fear.....Parker back in the centres. That would be backward step by the coach and for Brad in his progression to the back row.

Hey Al. Got a good feeling about this game. Bounce back factor, Brown back, Lodge and Sips hopefully more match fit than what we have seen, Tolu at FB with thankfully a lot more space. Talau should be in the centres so that opens up the wings. Love to see Seibold give young Lehi Hopoate and Clayton Faulalo a chance on the wings but he will probably go with tried and true in Paulo and Vaega. Cherry back on his favourite park. It's the game to make a statement in.

My only fear.....Parker back in the centres. That would be backward step by the coach and for Brad in his progression to the back row.
Didn't Parker fail a HIA yesterday and is out?.... Rain due also.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14