Daly prepared to step up for goalkicking duties with Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I

The lack of conversation practice brings the same anger from me. Common sense is not that common from what I've heard.

Conversation practice?
Yeah, na, we all know most footballers aren't great at conversation but do we blame the coach for that too?

You don't need stats Stu. Just watch the game. Does anyone seriously have any confidence Jamie will definitely kick a reasonably difficult goal? Simple answer is No.

I Love killer but I would have to say he is the worst regular kicker in the comp over the last couple of seasons. Every time I see Reynolds line up a kick I think he will get it. Massive difference and over a season in a close comp like ours it may mean 4 or 6 competition points and is a massive boost to the rest of the players knowing 4 = 6 almost every time they score.

He's 6/6 this year so no complaints yet.

Jeez some of you lot go on with so much anti Toovey **** it is mind boggling. the worm turns-soon everything will be his fault

Goal kicking is one of those vital things that need attention and diligence. What we have seen is we have no plan B in the event that Killer is out and we need that fast. I do hope that DCE and co have been practicing that this week as our recent attempts at goal have been deplorable to say the least and cost us 2 points against the dogs!

My son has just returned from a 3 day school camp at Narabeen. The first thing I asked him on his return was did you see DCE and was he practising his goal kicking? His answer no didn't see him practise his goal kicking. In saying that they only got to see snippets of the training .
He did However, see DCE practising his other kicking and said he was 'awesome' . Then said to me ' don't worry mum, we will smash the Raiders, we have Chezza'.

Last edited:
Absolutely and what is best for his family is Manly Forever!
My son's comments and enthusiasm brought everything back to perspective for me. These so called CEO's and people in charge can make these decisions. But for a young boy there is one player they want to emulate and that is DCE. I still don't get why the Manly management did not factor in DCE's marketability when pulling his contract.

Absolutely and what is best for his family is Manly Forever!
My son's comments and enthusiasm brought everything back to perspective for me. These so called CEO's and people in charge can make these decisions. But for a young boy there is one player they want to emulate and that is DCE. I still don't get why the Manly management did not factor in DCE's marketability when pulling his contract.

Salary cap and timing of players announcements like Foran. Foran knew exactly how much he was hurting and screwing with our roster management, and he loved it, because his thought pattern around the way Manly treated his mate Glenn was formed....hence his missus comment - "karma" the day he announced he's signing with the slime.

Foran's timing could not have been worst for DCE . I think a lot of fans wanted DCE more, but management seemed to be going with Foran and were prepared to sacrifice DCE to keep Foran , but Foran was already gone.

The sad thing is that Foran probably knew he wanted to leave the day that he found out the club wasn't going to offer Gifty a contract for 2015 and it would seem that he holds Tooves responsible for it all, or at least blames him for not fighting hard to keep Gift. I'm not saying I'm right but I wouldn't mind betting that he knew exactly what he was doing when his contract negotiations were dragging on. He thought the club had shafted his mate so he in turn has shafted the club.

Brooke, I think you're right. I think if push came to shove most fans would have wanted DCE to stay rather than Foran.

And the sad thing is DCE would have stayed if we had have paid him.

Sure it would have cost us but sometimes in life and in business you just gotta pay overs to get things done. Halves like dce are once in a generation.

He is putting in every week as well unlike foran which also proves he would have been happy to stay.

And the sad thing is DCE would have stayed if we had have paid him.

Sure it would have cost us but sometimes in life and in business you just gotta pay overs to get things done. Halves like dce are once in a generation.

He is putting in every week as well unlike foran which also proves he would have been happy to stay.
Spot on jeneagle, I seriously hope he changes his mind, that's even if our club is being active in trying to get him to stay...... Fingers crossed

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8