David Gower

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
We are going to need Gower and Hasson to cover for Choc (reportedly out for five weeks) and Horo (not sure how serious his injury is).

Who said choc out for 5 weeks? Reading the match article it says he hyper-extended his knee and might is next week.

swoop said:
The Who said:
We are going to need Gower and Hasson to cover for Choc (reportedly out for five weeks) and Horo (not sure how serious his injury is).

Who said choc out for 5 weeks? Reading the match article it says he hyper-extended his knee and might is next week.

That's what was reported on one of the TV news programs.

I did read earlier posts by peple calling him plodder. in ya face!!!

He played a faster game today, training with the firsts team has improved DG.

He could improve further if he watches and learns from footage of Hall, Bryant and Mauro.

Brookvale said:
I did read earlier posts by peple calling him plodder. in ya face!!!

He played a faster game today, training with the firsts team has improved DG.

He could improve further if he watches and learns from footage of Hall, Bryant and Mauro.

Yeah! Let's show those guys who overreacted to Gower early on by overreating to his good performance now! Ooh yeah.

David's performance vindicates the Manly Recruitment roster.

We all wondered why he was on the field in the first few rounds, 2V knew his potential and the kiddie played well yesterday.:angel:

Too bad that his first try was denied, I wish him a hat trick for Friday night :idea:

Kiwi Eagle said:
His 3mins at a time ?

Spot on Kiwi its hard to shine in the Cameo appearances he has had previously. I had great tickets at the the top of the stand yesterday and you could really see him bending the line and he has a great offload. I can remember Gasnier recently saying he rated him highly and that he couldnt understand why he wasnt a regular 1st grader.

CAMBO said:
His no try was a disgraceful decision.
Can't believe DRS and hotspot got it wrong again ;)

I was at the game & didn't get a good view of the Gower's effort. Did Gower's elbow clearly hit the grass before he reached out to the plant the ball over the line?

Mals said:
CAMBO said:

I was at the game & didn't get a good view of the Gower's effort. Did Gower's elbow clearly hit the grass before he reached out to the plant the ball over the line?

Yeah.... But IF he'd had some silicon tape on his elbow, hot spot would've shown nothing and it would have been a try!!

Gower looked good in some of those NSW cup games and good to see him getting a chance and taking it. I hope they keep both him and Hassan on the bench. Under no illusions Gower is going to be any sort of star but hopefully be a good solid reserve & his impact yesterday was strong.

Mals said:
CAMBO said:

The ball clearly brushed along the ground as he made the move to plant it. Just couldn't get the arm up high enough to avoid it making contact.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
I thought he was better than good today and probably deserved a green light on that try. Really got himself involved in the game, which was crucial with Choc and Horo out of action.

He was really good yesterday. He has some nice footwork when coming to the line.

Didn't deserve the try though. Definitely a double movement.

Anyone who has seen Gower play NSW cup will know he is well and truly wasted at that level.

Quality player, and will prove valuable going forward.

Had more impact the last couple of games off the bench. Still don't think he is in our best 17 if everyone is available but he's putting his hand up atm which is exactly what you want from players in his position.

Manly forward David Gower is playing for his future in the NRL

Jon Geddes •
Manly Daily •
August 14, 2013

SEA Eagles forward David Gower is playing for his footballing future every time he takes the field.

He is on a one-year contract with the club and is yet to a secure an extension.

"It would be nice to have a big long deal but that is not always the way," Gower said.

"I know they have had to resign a few and have cap constraints and all that sort of stuff."

Right now Gower is ­concentrating on playing his part in Manly's race towards the finals.

"I'll just leave it to my management team and I'll try to do my job on the field and hopefully it will take care of itself.

"It's the best job in the world playing rugby league so I don't have too many complaints."

Gower boosted his case after being named players' player in Sunday's win over the Warriors, taking advantage of the extra game he got after Anthony Watmough was injured.

That was the first occasion that Gower had won that award in a first grade match.

"It's a good honour, I'm pretty chuffed, to be honest," Gower said. "Losing 'Choc' (Watmough) early hurt the boys but I came in and just tried to do a job for the team," he said.

Gower will get another chance on Friday night after again being named on the bench for the showdown with Souths at Bluetongue Stadium, Gosford.

"With 'Chocy' missing a week or so hopefully I can step in and pick up a few more minutes on the field," Gower said.

He admits that it has not been easy making an impact with the limited game time he has seen this season due to the strength in the Manly backrow.

"You just want to come on and try to do your job for the team the best you can but at the same time try not to stuff up," he said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/manly-forward-david-gower-is-playing-for-his-future-in-the-nrl/story-fngr8iii-1226697068321

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4