David Williams Hooker

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jerry1 said:
I reckon your a harsh bunch of ......
One of the best wingers in the comp. a bit fragile as he's not the biggest bloke but he's out there giving his all - even after getting a broken neck playing for us. You keyboard warriors could take a tip or two from a bloke with real courage who comes in and takes hit ups when the forwards are flagging. He's a good bloke and a tops player.
Cheers to that post. Many on here are very quick to bag out the Wolfman.
I seriously hope there's always a place in the game for smaller, agile wingers like Wolfie. There are so many wingers that are huge men, as big as forwards these days, just bowling people over with their size.
I'm hoping for a Wolfie try fest soon to silence the knockers for a bit.

Wolfman Williams determined to forget GF howler
March 25, 2014 Daniel Lane

Manly winger David Williams revisited last year's grand final nightmare when he admitted he was a likely target of the Sydney Roosters in Friday night's grand final replay because that would be his plan if he was their coach.

Williams relived his crushing 2013 grand final experience at Tuesday morning's pre-match media call and, while he appeared at times to be defensive, conceded the Roosters would probably hone in on his wing and test whether wounds from last year's title decider had healed.

"I don't see why not, I would," Williams replied when asked if he expected the defending premiers to take a crack. "They can come all night if they want. I suppose it'd be a good plan ... if they chose to."

Williams had to confront some lingering grand final demons, including the rumour he went bush alone after the game to cope with his performance.

"I was in Dee Why," he said. "I don't know what everyone else was writing about or talking about but, yeah, that was the point."

The former Test and NSW State of Origin flanker had no truck either with talk of his "being scarred" by the Roosters.

"No, got enough scars," he said. "I've already moved forward mate, there is no looking back it's all looking forward. All I'm looking forward to is playing at my best - I didn't play that last week so there's always improvement there."

"I have a point to prove every game; trying to play at my best and do well for the team.

"It's a new season, they have some new players in there and so do we. We're just looking forward this year and trying to stay on top of the table. I think I didn't play at my best. Some of [the criticism] was warranted, some of it not - same as every other week, really."

Williams said he'd watched the grand final and remained philosophical about what he saw when the Roosters clawed their way back from behind to seize the crown.

"It was a grand final," he said matter-of-factly. "You don't play your best every week ... you always aspire to, but I don't know what to put it down to mate, There's no answer."

Teammate Kieran Foran dismissed the grand final as old news, saying it was unfair to blame the loss on Williams.

"It's not his fault, that's the thing I stress to people," Foran told Fairfax Media. "We all have games where we're slightly off but if you look at that semi-final against Souths when he scored that freakish try - if he hadn't have scored that we might not have been in the grand final.

"People have to remember that as well. Some of the tries he scored throughout the year put us in the position to be in the grand final. We well and truly throw our support behind him because we know how great a player he is and what he has to offer.

"He's invaluable to our side. He's one of the best finishers in the game, in my eyes. Some of the tries he scores, not many wingers would score them. Every winger has errors in them, it's just the way the game is. We all have errors in us for that matter, but we think he's a massive part of this side and we fully support him.

"I'm sure he's going to come out on Friday and play a cracker," Foran said.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wolfman-williams-determined-to-forget-gf-howler-20140325-hvml8.html#ixzz2x0WhnIV6

Foz has Wolfie at RH Wing then ;)

EagleFromMay1967 said:
L J Hooker (real estate agent)
Sir Joseph Dalton Hooker
T J Hooker (tv series)
Brad Hooker, English philosopher
Charles E. Hooker (1825-1914), U.S. Representative from Mississippi
Earl Hooker (1929–1970), American blues guitarist
Elon Huntington Hooker (1869–1938) American entrepreneur
Evelyn Hooker (1907–1996), American psychologist
George Hooker, Australian rugby league footballer
George Hooker, English cricketer
H. Lester Hooker (1921–1999), American college sports coach
Henry Hooker (1828–1907), American Old West rancher
Isabella Beecher Hooker (1822–1907), American suffragette leader
Jake Hooker (journalist) (born 1973), American Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist
James Hooker (1792–1858), New York politician
James Benjamin Hooker (1910–1984), Canadian politician
Jeff Hooker (born 1965), American retired soccer player and current coach
John Hooker (English constitutionalist) (c. 1527–1601) English writer, solicitor, antiquary, civic administrator and advocate of republican government
John Daggett Hooker (1838-1911), social leader, amateur scientist and astronomer, donor of Hooker Telescope
John Lee Hooker (1917–2001), American blues musician
Joseph Hooker (1814–1879), American Civil War major general
Joseph Dalton Hooker (1817–1911), English botanist
Morna Hooker (born 1931), British theologian and New Testament scholar
Philip Hooker (1766-1836), American architect
Reginald Hawthorn Hooker (1867–1944), English statistician, son of Joseph Dalton Hooker
Richard Hooker (1554–1600), Anglican theologian
Richard Hooker (author) (1924–1997), pseudonym of H. Richard Hornberger
Robbie Hooker (born 1967), Australian former footballer and current manager
Ron Hooker (born 1935), English former cricketer
S. Percy Hooker (1860–1915), New York and New Hampshire politician
Stanley Hooker (1907–1984), English aero-engine designer
Steven Hooker (born 1982), Australian pole vaulter and Olympic gold medalist
Thomas Hooker (1586–1647), Puritan leader
William Hooker (botanist) (1785-1865), English systematic botanist and organiser, father of Joseph Dalton Hooker
William Hooker (musician) (born 1946), American jazz drummer and composer
William Jackson Hooker (1785–1865), English botanist
Worthington Hooker (1806–1867), American physician
Hooker (Kent cricketer), 18th century English cricketer
;)
This guy looks a bit like him..http://boingboing.net/2011/08/19/friday-freak-out-d-r-hookers-forge-your-own-chains-1972.html

Well said Wolfie, and Foz.

You have your chance to " put it behind you" and bury it Friday night. Hope you do.

Go the Wolf, GO MANLY!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4