Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We can still plead guilty for both but challenge the grading without risking a 3rd match. If we get a downgrade it would be a fine only. Worth a shot considering there was no actual lifting from either player. Even if only one gets a downgrade it's a massive win.
I was gunna say the same thing. I reckon go for a downgrade - try to get one week. It was always going to be a suspension of some sort.

The issue with challenging the charge in any way, shape or form, is the NRL and MRC's fear of public perception, which I believe no doubt influences their decisions. They know the tackle looked horribly dangerous and would rather see a couple of players miss some games, than risk setting a precedent that a guy landing on his head is OK if it's accidental.

Judiciary Report: Olakau'atu, DCE facing bans for Lane tackle​

NRL.com
Sat 27 Apr 2024, 12:06 PM

Manly pair Haumole Olakau'atu and Daly Cherry-Evans are both facing two-game bans after they were charged with a Dangerous Throw on Eels forward Shaun Lane.

The duo have each been charged with a Grade 2 Dangerous Throw offence which attracts a two-game ban with an early plea or a three-game ban if they unsuccessfully contest the charge at the judiciary.

Parramatta pair Ryan Matterson and Maika Sivo were also charged from the game, with Matterson facing a $1,000 fine for his high tackle on Luke Brooks while Sivo is facing a $3,000 fine for his Dangerous Contact charge on Reuben Garrick.

Thank you for Posting @Jethro
DCE and Haumole both gone
But Manly is still here
And no Great Manly team is Complete with out the Character of Resilience

When times are rough
You have to be Tough to be able to Win Grand finals
FOUR time Manly Premiership winner Terry Randal
1714185287138.png

Bully to fill in for Mole I reckon. Good leg speed and runs a decent line too. Seems to have the fitness as well. Then sips or woods into the middle to cover him. DCE and Mole to have to weeks refresher and come back fired up and ready to rumble. 😤

There was a torpedo tackle that had 100% intent to injure 2 weeks (should have been 6).
I feel like the judiciary exists now to show that "they are doing something" when player are, or nearly are, injured.
They can't determine the offending players mindset (when challenged on it), so everyone cops the same level of implied guilt. It's BS
Worse is that it's not going to stop the incident from happening. Neither DCE or Ola are going to change their tackling because of this. No one has time to think of their leg placement every time an opposition player is charging at you and Ola isn't going to turn down his aggression (you'd be asking him to be a worse player). They will just see themselves as unlucky that it happened.
If the NRL is serious about reducing number of these sorts of near injuries, then it needs to stop incentivising tacklers getting the ball player onto their backs as quickly and as hard as possible. Because (with most teams band from westling) that is currently the only real way to setup your defence.

We have to fight this ! The NRL are taking the piss, particularly when it comes to Manly.

Step up (for once) Manly, and don't be lazy and take the early plea. Back your soldiers.

Sivo elbows Garrick in the head and gets nothing though ? Inept. Corrupt.
Twice

From the seaeagles.com.au TEAMS webpage, these are our 2nd Row available options if Haumole is suspended for the next 2 or 3 weeks:
  • Ben Condon
  • Brad Parker
  • Corey Waddell
  • Ethan Bulllemor
  • Karl Lawton

I cannot recall 2 players ever being charged for the same tackle in which one was binned for in the match. This NRL match review committee are a trainwreck. No consistency. No idea. We must fight it and have them expose their argument.
I was thinking exactly that, I seriously cannot remember 2 players both getting suspended for the same tackle

What are people's thoughts on missing these two against weaker opposition?

It's interesting.

Is it better to lose them against weaker opposition and still have the potential chance at victory? But dropping these games means we lose during the 'soft' part of the draw...

or

Is it better to lose them against stronger opposition and have a very limited chance at victory but in games where we may have the lost the competition points anyway?!

What are people's thoughts on missing these two against weaker opposition?

It's interesting.

Is it better to lose them against weaker opposition and still have the potential chance at victory? But dropping these games means we lose during the 'soft' part of the draw...

or

Is it better to lose them against stronger opposition and have a very limited chance at victory but in games where we may have the lost the competition points anyway?!
Aren’t we going to lose them both at SOO time?

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8