Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Well I hope you are right but Seibs implicated Chez who (imo) made a dumb choice by saying “I definitely had a role in the tackle”…

There was just no need to discuss Chez’s role… just say “it was quick, he got caught in a bad position, no intent blah, blah, blah…l

Daly may have got charged anyway (who knows what the NRL are gonna ****ing do these days) but that was like waving a red rag at a bull…
I agree with you that they should have said little about the tackle.

But does the judiciary listen to press conferences?

As I’ve said ( twice ) it’s absolute **** that his impeccable record for 314 games prior to this doesn’t allow for a downgrading to a fine only.

That ****ing lunatic JWH goes out every week to maim and whilst he has been suspended a lot of the time it’s a fine only.

It’s bull**** that this record wasn’t considered in the first place.
Your point is very valid @Mark from Brisbane Daly Cherry-Evans has never been banned in 357 games for Manly, QLD & Australia, with one previous charge.

Taane Milne was charged for the fifth time in 20 months on Thursday.

Under current NRL system, they have the same amount of priors.

Fingers crossed for DCE at the judiciary, the MRC won’t like to be proved wrong, first challenge from Manly in a long time, I thought they would have challenged the Alioia one as it happens multiple times in games without penalties let alone suspension.

Fingers crossed for DCE at the judiciary, the MRC won’t like to be proved wrong, first challenge from Manly in a long time, I thought they would have challenged the Alioia one as it happens multiple times in games without penalties let alone suspension.
Yeah, whenever the NRL makes a dud decision, they tend to double-down on it - like charging and suspending Aloiai in order to justify a game-changing penalty. So I also worry that they won't appreciate being challenged on this. But we've thrown the dice now, so all we can hope for is a good result.

Saw the statistics earlier in the thread, has there been a challenge this season? They did swing on 3 of 14 last year, from memory, 21% success rate, they can’t stand at 100% it would reek, so there’s a chance, Manly loading aside, I think DCE being a 300 plus game clean skin and role model not just for our club but for the NRL as well, there’s a chance, well here’s hoping, 3 weeks would suck.

Saw the statistics earlier in the thread, has there been a challenge this season? They did swing on 3 of 14 last year, from memory, 21% success rate, they can’t stand at 100% it would reek, so there’s a chance, Manly loading aside, I think DCE being a 300 plus game clean skin and role model not just for our club but for the NRL as well, there’s a chance, well here’s hoping, 3 weeks would suck.
Especially given the 3rd week is Brisbane in Brisbane for Magic Round.

Especially given the 3rd week is Brisbane in Brisbane for Magic Round.
Indeed, on that, hopefully our last ever home game in Brisbane against Brisbane, 5th year of Magic crap, a 300k a year sell out, makes my blood boil, this game would have been another Brookie sell out, most brain dead commercial agreement in the clubs history.

Just thought about it, we also gave away 3 years prior under the double header concept, 8 bloody years of selling out our home advantage, can’t believe it.

Last edited:
Indeed, on that, hopefully our last ever home game in Brisbane against Brisbane, 5th year of Magic crap, a 300k a year sell out, makes my blood boil, this game would have been another Brookie sell out, most brain dead commercial agreement in the clubs history.

Just thought about it, we also gave away 3 years prior under the double header concept, 8 bloody years of selling out our home advantage, can’t believe it.
Especially selling it out to the actual home team of that same ground. At least some of the clubs playing a home game during Magic Round are doing it against other clubs with no affiliation to the venue.

At least I understand this is our last year under this preposterous deal and Mestrov has not extended it.

Especially selling it out to the actual home team of that same ground. At least some of the clubs playing a home game during Magic Round are doing it against other clubs with no affiliation to the venue.
The only fair way to counter the magic round home advantage for the Donkeys is to have them play the Phins in a local derby as the away side, perhaps we could just swap out and play the Tig’s.

At least I understand this is our last year under this preposterous deal and Mestrov has not extended it.
Yes, I’ve read that, just said above, the Phins and Donkeys should play their local derby, anyway I don’t really care, it’s bad enough it will probably still be one of our home games. Actually after 8 years of being the home side, I think it would be only fair if MR become an away game for us.

I agree with you that they should have said little about the tackle.

But does the judiciary listen to press conferences?
Who knows what the judiciary does but I am guessing the NRL does not like players saying “I was guilty too but got off” (paraphrasing) at the press conference when they are about to send a bloke down the river for the offence…

Who knows what the judiciary does but I am guessing the NRL does not like players saying “I was guilty too but got off” (paraphrasing) at the press conference when they are about to send a bloke down the river for the offence…
Regardless, I have a really bad feeling about it. Every time I watch it, the more I think DCE is the reason he toppled.

Regardless, I have a really bad feeling about it. Every time I watch it, the more I think DCE is the reason he toppled.
I though it at the time and I was surprised that DCE admitted his guilt to the ref and then to the press… Guac was goooone so why throw yourself into the fire as well?

It was a bloody accident but Chez definitely contributed as he put the “twisting” motion into the tackle… imo…

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10