DCE eye gouge ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
have seen a few media articles talking up an eye gouge on Buhrer but haven't seen footage of it

Much to it ? I don't think there would be, as the 2 are pretty good mates, but I can see the media getting hold of it and creating hysteria that Toddy and co will stamp 6 weeks on to make themselves look good under pressure

I didn’t think there was a huge amount in it at all - certainly couldn’t see any real intent and they’re best mates!

But yes, because it’s DCE social media has absolutely exploded with this. We’ll know by midday if he has anything to worry about.

Being someone's mate is not a valid defense for sticking your figures in their eye. What ever he was doing it needs a week or two off, I'd be bitterly disappointed if the opposition did that to us and it's not something we need in rugby league.

There's no reason why his hands needed to be anywhere near his eyes / face.

The other thing to consider is as captain, knowing our playing roster is dessimated like never before - why would you do something like that on the last play of the game, that could potentially lead to a suspension and another player, our leader, on the sideline.

Yep that's going to be at least 2 weeks at a minimum. Dumb dumb and down right dumb. Take the captaincy off him too.

The other thing to consider is as captain, knowing our playing roster is dessimated like never before - why would you do something like that on the last play of the game, that could potentially lead to a suspension and another player, our leader, on the sideline.
Yea but don’t forget Mitch we have done some stupid ****e this year. After watching the game yesterday plus the off field drama it would not surprise me one bit. One of our biggest mistakes this year besides dropping the balls that we have is the dicisions we have been making.

Not sure what he was trying to achieve, but it's not a good look and downright stupid. Be interested to see if it gets referred, that's all we need, no halves at all for a week or two.

I cannot believe my eyes!! (Sorry I had to) That's the most inexcusably idiotic thing I've seen on a footy field since Hopper became an amateur proctologist. He will definitely go for that. And did I see the weird little bastard smirking the whole time it was going on???? Now THATS totally losing the plot and to do it to a former teammate ...fmd

DCE is clearly not in a good place atm.
Kicking out on the full. Giving away penalties. Fighting with team mates. Going to a strip club. And now what looks like an eye gouge?
Where did DCE go?

DCE was the laziest player on field last night. Literally walking back into the defensive line. Always off side. Always slower than the rest of the play (a lot of that off camera). They say he's the fittest, but he was struggling after 5 minute's, and everyone in the tiny crowd noticed.

Something terrible is wrong with him.

its not an excuse ... but he is definitely not handling the pressure .... take the captaincy from him .... Joel Thompson has been through a lot and come out the other side & although he has only recently become a sea eagle he has always been a fan ... we could do worse ... in fact we are ... imho

DCE was the laziest player on field last night. Literally walking back into the defensive line. Always off side. Always slower than the rest of the play (a lot of that off camera). They say he's the fittest, but he was struggling after 5 minute's, and everyone in the tiny crowd noticed.

Something terrible is wrong with him.

He got injured last night while making one of his 25 tackles.

Came reeling out of one with his shoulder hanging and had to go to the wing and had the trainer with him.

That's not a good look at all.

If Chez gets a couple of week's for that, on the last play of the night, it will be unforgivable.

Also remember, DCE got charged a few weeks back (can't remember what for right now) and while he didn't get suspended, it was only because of an early guilty plea but it also means that he has 70 carry over points.

We'll be lucky to have him at all over the next 3-4 weeks.

Dumb play from our million dollar captain. Just plain old dumb.

I can't defend him on that one.

I'd give him 4 weeks for that.

They're best mates but if i was Jamie i'd be filthy with him.

Like when Glen Stewart tried to break Matai's jaw with a swinging stiff arm.

With mates like these......

So, looks like it’s Paseka to half and Sipley to 5/8 next week.

FMD, it’s like lambs to the slaughter.

Anyone for 85-0?

Yes DCE did get hurt and he does a lot of defensive work every game. But he is not right IMO. Very poor decision making and game management. He is not a Happy Chappy and neither is AFB who was on fire at the beginning of the season. Marty tried hard but made too many dumb errors and there was a lot of one out stuff with very little creativity. For most of the game we looked ordinary in attack with little or no cohesion. Both Jake and Tom looked frustrated. We are a rabble at the moment. Now DCE will be out because his frustration resulted in a brain snap on the hooter. There is a problem within and it needs to be fixed fast! Can’t blame Hastings for last nights debarkle. At 10 - 4 Newcastle looked done and we dumbed out again.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12