DCE gets smashed by Ravalawa - laughs on the ground and tries to give Ravalawa a pat on the back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mataiforever

Bencher
Just thought this deserved its own thread.

Jake to captain?

DCE just acting like a beta male and here for the laughs. Grow up your supposed to be a captain not an awkward shy little child who can't inspire people.

Jake to captain?

DCE just acting like a beta male and here for the laughs. Grow up your supposed to be a captain not an awkward shy little child who can't inspire people.
Is this a serious thread?He smiled because he knew he got hit by a good one and survived.The pat on the back was because Ravalawa asked him if he was ok.DCE has some issues with his game currently but making a deal about this incident is ridiculous

Is this a serious thread?He smiled because he knew he got hit by a good one and survived.The pat on the back was because Ravalawa asked him if he was ok.DCE has some issues with his game currently but making a deal about this incident is ridiculous
what other player in the comp would laugh and smile when their team - the captains team - is getting flogged.

I guarantee if that happened to cleary, munster etc they would be looking to get evens and not laughing on the ground like a little child

I've been one of DCE's biggest defenders on this forum for a long time - but now have had enough. It's acts like this that create a **** culture from the top, the players around aren't inspired by him, nor are they scared of him and want his approval. Every other captain in the competition is a leader who works hard and is looked up to by the playing group.

Did you see him tell Tino off in the dressing sheds in Origin? He was pointing in his face like a mum does to her 5 year old son - the bloke is awkward and these big footy players aren't going to take him seriously. It's pretty obvious on the pitch that that is the case - as clear as daylight.

what other player in the comp would laugh and smile when their team - the captains team - is getting flogged.

I guarantee if that happened to cleary, munster etc they would be looking to get evens and not laughing on the ground like a little child

I've been one of DCE's biggest defenders on this forum for a long time - but now have had enough. It's acts like this that create a **** culture from the top, the players around aren't inspired by him, nor are they scared of him and want his approval. Every other captain in the competition is a leader who works hard and is looked up to by the playing group.

Did you see him tell Tino off in the dressing sheds in Origin? He was pointing in his face like a mum does to her 5 year old son - the bloke is awkward and these big footy players aren't going to take him seriously. It's pretty obvious on the pitch that that is the case - as clear as daylight.
I don’t disagree with his leadership issues,but this incident is not one to hang him for.

Perspective time .....​

DCE gets smashed by Ravalawa - laughs on the ground and tries to give Ravalawa a pat on the back​

Most players that get smashed like that from Ravalawa

Lay on their arse and get carried off the field

Tough DCE just gets up and laughs at him

Last edited:
To be honest, i think the thread has merit and not just based on this incident...but in general across the board.
The players are not looking overly concerned after a loss and often smiley and kind of more jovial than I would expect for a team at 0 and 3 and looking to contend for the first wooden spoon in the clubs proud history....
To get out of this deep hole the players need to get angry, the opposition apart from the scoreboard demolisions must wish they could play Manly every week...not just for the easy win, but after playing Manly the the opposition teams must wake up the following day without bumps or bruises, as the contacts and collisions are soft.

Jake to captain?

He's a dick. Always has been.

He was a good sport about it. He knew he got hit fair and square. What was he supposed to do - get up and throw one?

But does he have the right qualities to be an effective leader? That may well be a valid question. For example, Jamie Lyon was known to give a ferocious spray at times to give the team a kick up the arse. I do not recall seeing DCE do this.

I said the same thing to my son when it happened.

Id much prefer a captain who got up and wanted to show some mongrel than a bloke who smiles. How is that leadership?
Basically laughing off getting hammered.
If we were in front by 20 I’d excuse it - but laughing now when the club is 1/14 games or something stupid like that - inexcusable. Zero leadership qualities.

DCE is a reasonable footballer on his day but has never been and never will be leadership material.
Exactly my point.

I thought the fact that he was articulate etc maybe he would be good but now its just apparent. It's not like he thinks about the game like a Cronk - if he did he would pull us out of our ruts better than he has (clue - he hasn't even once of our last 14 games).

'Close but near enough' seems the mantra of the team/club so far, the exact opposite of the mantra at the Storm, heck even the Eels - the effort their team puts in is huge, and again, they all follow their leader in Gutho. He may be a tosser but he is the highest effort player in the league and the reason they're competitive is because they follow his lead in making huge efforts over 80 mins.

Jake can throw tantrums but the emotion he has for the game is exactly why I would want him to be captain - he lives and breathes the game and puts his body on the line. Something that the rest of our team could really follow.

The wannabe gangster Uso's like Suli aren't going to follow the lead of a clean cut, but also very soft, DCE. They need someone who is angry and deserves respect - Jake is closer to this than DCE. Could Foran even be the answer? Aloiai has lead from the front lately which has been great to see... at least we have made one ok signing so far.

He was a good sport about it. He knew he got hit fair and square. What was he supposed to do - get up and throw one?

But does he have the right qualities to be an effective leader? That may well be a valid question. For example, Jamie Lyon was known to give a ferocious spray at times to give the team a kick up the arse. I do not recall seeing DCE do this.
everyone sees the incident differently - besides the point kind of. What you said at the end is more what I'm trying to raise as an issue. Jake is the one who gives sprays to the team, or even Marty, but marty is clearly on the way out and showed it on the weekend for me. Give Jake the (c), put DCE at 6 and give Foz the (vc).

I thought he was paying out a sportsbet jackpot. First time in 5 years DCE got hit like a playmaker and the dragons winger got the prize with great odds. He was congratulating him for the rare event no one thought would ever happen

To be honest, i think the thread has merit and not just based on this incident...but in general across the board.
The players are not looking overly concerned after a loss and often smiley and kind of more jovial than I would expect for a team at 0 and 3 and looking to contend for the first wooden spoon in the clubs proud history....
To get out of this deep hole the players need to get angry, the opposition apart from the scoreboard demolisions must wish they could play Manly every week...not just for the easy win, but after playing Manly the the opposition teams must wake up the following day without bumps or bruises, as the contacts and collisions are soft.

That's my take as well.

From the top (Scott Penn), to the recruitment team (Scott Fulton, Noel Cleal, Des Hasler), to the coaching staff (Des Hasler, Steven Hales, Chad Randall, Michael Monaghan), to all the players, AND to be honest a fair whip of the fanbase now, the acceptability, affinity & nonchalance to losing is terrible.

Hearing the media saying, "you've lost 13 from 14 games now Des, is the playing group just feeling low at the moment?", to his responses like, "well, we don't think of that, or those results"....well, that sets the tone, really.

When I read (from fans), or hear from Des, it's "only 3 games", or it's "only early", it tells me people are very short sighted of the bigger picture.

There's an inset culture problem. Jobs for the boys. Complete lack of intensity, passion, effort, speed - we are (by a huge length) the slowest, most lethargic team in the NRL. We are going to make awful teams appear great this season.

I honestly believe, as long as these players of ours are getting their pay in their accounts, they wouldn't give one **** whatsoever if they attained the wooden spoon. Negative records are currently getting smashed week after week, and they don't even realise, OR care ! Wowzers.

It's sad I hope a reporter tears Des a new arsehole interview days. But it seems they are afraid or intimidated by his demeanor (typical teacher's demeanor). But I hope someone throws all the stats and numbers at him soon, and ask him to be accountable for the results.

Nothing wrong with this, it was the other 80 minutes where were had no grit or heart

What on earth clicked in 2019 and why isn't it there now

Nothing wrong with this, it was the other 80 minutes where were had no grit or heart

What on earth clicked in 2019 and why isn't it there now
Sorry for the weird question, you probably don't even know. I love Jim Lee (artist), he did some Wolverine stuff. Is the picture in your avatar Jim Lee, and if so, where did you get it from?

Sorry to ask mate

Sorry for the weird question, you probably don't even know. I love Jim Lee (artist), he did some Wolverine stuff. Is the picture in your avatar Jim Lee, and if so, where did you get it from?

Sorry to ask mate

That's the character Cid Highwind from final fantasy 7.

So not a Jim Lee special, sorry.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8