DCE not playing rep footy again!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And he is not playing THAT well anyway at the moment. Thurston has been a bit of a passenger this year in my opinion...
Well I hope DCE spends some time watching Thurston and the Cows game. I hope he's got a pen and paper.

Our forwards are ordinary. Swap them with the Cowboys and he would be doing better...

Hey there Moops. I'm sorry, but I completely disagree that our forwards are ordinary.

Marty Taupau (New Zealand), Jake Trbojevic (City), Nate Myles (Australia & SOO), Darcy Lussick (City), Jamie Buhrer (NSW), Tom Symonds (City), Lewis Brown (New Zealand), Feleti Mateo (New Zealand and Tonga), Addin Fanua-Blake (City), Siosaia Vave (Tonga), Apisai Koroisou (New Zealand).

Then, only two (Nate Myles (who may still get selected for SOO), and Jamie Buhrer (mainly due to injury) aren't CURRENT rep players.

I rate our forward pack much greater than most do. I DO feel however, that we have plodders in that pack, so it would be up to Barrett to use them wisely, so we aren't shown up for lack of pace.

And every team needs 1-2 plodders (so it's not all a negative). Tuck the ball under the arm, make 80-100 metres, tackle for about 30, and be a big body type.

I just won't use that as the excuse people are for suggesting DCE's form is down. There IS no excuse for a player on 1.3 million per.

Well even with his off field issues and dodgy hammys he's still managed to steer the eels into 5th position.....yes Norman has played his part.... But DCE isn't alone either, has plenty more stars around him then Foran ,and Foran is still working with a new combination with Norman.....yet Forans form to that of DCE is there for all to see.... Blind man could see that.
Well I'm not blind & I can't see what Foran has done! Have a look at the Dally Ms & see where Norman is & where Foran is!! All players play their part. Yes Foran & Norman are a new combo, however they've played all games together bar one whilst DCE has / had been out for 4 weeks!!

Passenger you say, well if thurstons a passenger, what's DCE...... Highly priced Chopped liver. Seriously do you even watch games....
Thurston has a team behind him that's playing exceptionally well & has no need to be the best week in week out! DCE would be just as good behind the team the Cows field EVERY week unlike our team which is hammered by injury week in week out!

At the end of the day , You can make excuses for his Sh!t form as long as you want..... Same result, still over priced Sh!t.

2015 after 6 rounds-
-266 possessions
-11 tackle busts
-6 try assists
-5 line break assists
-1997 kick meters

2016-
-286 possessions
-4 tackle busts
-3 try assists
-2 line break assists
-1592 kick meters

The stats show DCE is playing poorly compared to 2015 which wasn't even a good year for him. He is either struggling with pressure and having to play with a centre. Or has lost the drive to perform knowing he doesn't have to perform to earn a new contract. Manly need to buy a 5/8 this year if they continue to try with walker it's going to continue to affect DCE and the team.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/65aaa986823f837f7a66f175f9bd1143

That's bull**** he stopped trying, last year he could've sat back like that dickhead we had in the 6 but he kept trying his ass off. He was probably one of the only people that were aswell in that slump we had.

2015 after 6 rounds-
-266 possessions
-11 tackle busts
-6 try assists
-5 line break assists
-1997 kick meters

2016-
-286 possessions
-4 tackle busts
-3 try assists
-2 line break assists
-1592 kick meters

The stats show DCE is playing poorly compared to 2015 which wasn't even a good year for him. He is either struggling with pressure and having to play with a centre. Or has lost the drive to perform knowing he doesn't have to perform to earn a new contract. Manly need to buy a 5/8 this year if they continue to try with walker it's going to continue to affect DCE and the team.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...h/news-story/65aaa986823f837f7a66f175f9bd1143

So @Turbo I did some digging. Fox Sports, which is the article you have quoted from the "well respected" journalist James Hooper, who is a twat by the way, are comparing up to Round 9 2015 vs Round 9 2016.

One mistake is that DCE has played 6 of the 9 games in 2016, and in 2015 he had played all 9.

So the problem here is that Fox Sports did not take this into account - i.e. 2015 stats for Try Assists, Fox Sports quotes 6 in 2015, from 9 games, whereas if you look at the first 6 games of 2015, he had actually been credited with 4 try Assists - in 2016, after 6 games, he has 3 try assists (and 1 per game for the last 3 he has played). So he is down 1 try assist, but he has also scored one try so far (something he did not do in the first 6 rounds of 2015.) So fairly even, if you ask me.

For the other statistics - Run Metres (comparison is 2015/2016), down 9 metres a game, but there is a statistical anomaly in Round 1 & 2 when we were outplayed, and he averaged only 33 metres on both rounds - well below the mean average of his run metres for the other 4 games he has played this year. Taking out the 3 extra games of Kick metres, he would actually be averaging 265 kick metres per game in 2016 (=1592/6) vs 221 metres in 2015 (=1997/9).

So you see,

And also - I am extremely bored at work hence my analysis.

Lastly, give him a break - he is an excellent player - he just needs time for new combos to gel - this does not happen in a short time, with irregular training runs, injuries, and constant reshuffling of the team makeup.

Ok mmm ...

image.png

It is funny you should say that about Thurston. As an educator, I tell my students that Thurston is a terrible example of a good role model. You seriously don't want me to outline the litany of episodes that depict him as such, do you? Thurston is a good winner, but as a loser acts like a 5 year old child...
Did you catch last nights game educator.... You may well have learnt a lesson how a true champion ices a game of footy .... No matter what you think, the guys all class and is seen by not just me the wider nrl community as a great player and ambassador of our game.

Did you catch last nights game educator.... You may well have learnt a lesson how a true champion ices a game of footy .... No matter what you think, the guys all class and is seen by not just me the wider nrl community as a great player and ambassador of our game.

It is dead set embarrassing that DCE earns 100k per annum more than Thurston. I seriously think we should not have signed Myles, and DCE ended up playing with the Titans, because we'd have a MUCH more balanced squad.

My opinion, is Ashley Taylor is a better half back than DCE, and he is on 200k per annum.

He looks like he has more time, is more composed, leads his team around the park better.

The Titans dodged a massive bullet there.

It is dead set embarrassing that DCE earns 100k per annum more than Thurston. I seriously think we should not have signed Myles, and DCE ended up playing with the Titans, because we'd have a MUCH more balanced squad.

My opinion, is Ashley Taylor is a better half back than DCE, and he is on 200k per annum.

He looks like he has more time, is more composed, leads his team around the park better.

The Titans dodged a massive bullet there.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/6261c5e95cbbf4adf1a03cd230cc3337

Chez doesn't earn more than JT. Fox had a list up a while back and Chez was #6 of Top earners.@:rolleyes:

Chez won a GF as an 80k player when he was Ash Taylor's equivalent of a first year NRL Player. Therefore, Chez's ROI way outweighs that of Taylor :nod:

Begrudging people their earnings is bizarre. :confused:
Chez was offered his contract, Manly did not have it taken off them at gunpoint

We have all seen the amazing skill set of Chez and hopefully we will be cheering on his new halves partnership soon :)

Last edited:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...n/news-story/6261c5e95cbbf4adf1a03cd230cc3337

Chez doesn't earn more than JT. Fox had a list up a while back and Chez was #6 of Top earners.@:rolleyes:

Chez won a GF as an 80k player when he was Ash Taylor's equivalent of a first year NRL Player. Therefore, Chez's ROI way outweighs that of Taylor :nod:

Begrudging people their earnings is bizarre. :confused:
Chez was offered his contract, Manly did not have it taken off them at gunpoint

We have all seen the amazing skill set of Chez and hopefully we will be cheering on his new halves partnership soon :)

I should have referenced where I got my numbers from. Here: https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&...e.com/&usg=AFQjCNEmYWoqAKNBdt1z_ju0K5udJg8vJw

Unsure of how authentic Zero Tackle is?

Tell you what, I keep hearing about DCE's amazing skillset. I have not seen it in almost 2 straight years now, and we'd better get used to it, because he's here for another 8 more odd.

Last night's game was a very good example of how to win a tight match, you'll get no argument from anyone there I'd say.

But I would disagree that JT is 'all class'. Granted, he seems to have grown up a great deal off the field since his children came along (haven't heard about any drunken rampages or Coffs Harbour type stuff in a while); but I reckon @Moops was 100% correct in the original comment.

Cowboys are traveling well at the moment, so we're not seeing as much of 'sore loser JT' as we have previously, but watch him start chucking wobblies at the officials again once that form streak comes to an end. He's also big on finding someone else to blame when his team loses, it's never the players on the field - always the refs, or the other team cheated, and it's all a conspiracy. Not an attitude you'd want to instil in kids.

Being seen as a great player and ambassador by the wider NRL community isn't worth a pinch of sh*t in my book. See: Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith, even Kieran Foran - the media pick and choose their darlings, and the wider NRL community just drinks the Kool-Aid, regardless of reality. The flip side is guys like Jamie Lyon being designated targets - again, regardless of reality. The wider NRL community is composed of gullible idiots, for the most part.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6