DCE subtle dig at player managers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That’s not the good cop bad cop theory

I see the need for player mangers, but they appear to wield too much power.
It's the "any job theory"
Name 1 job where they are all so called Pure bloods

Good cop,bad cop is a tactic used by cops to extract information from a perpetrator or person of interest etc. it is role defined and not necessarily who each cop is, it’s a conscious decision as to the role they choose to play in any given circumstance

It’s a saying, I just don’t think it means what you think it does

Yeh maybe
It is a way they try get info
But I missed your answer about the job where there is all good and no bad ?
But I'll wait ?
I hope you understand what I mean ?

I only ever commented on you saying good cop bad cop.

I only ever commented on you saying good cop bad cop.
Fair call - and you got me on that 1 Joe boy - have a good 1 Champ....I did have the wrong context on that looking back on it..... @:smirk:
so back to footy I hope Penrith beat Brisbane....I live in SE Qld and to hear about Broncos every day would be a Killer

Last edited:
I don't want to sound negative, but didn't DCE's massive contract upgrade demands while already under tenure create all that original instability within the club with Matai, Choc, Gift and others?

This was because it was an unwritten rule that you'd take unders to stay together , because, and these were Chocs words, the players time would come, when it come to monetary reward...
Perhaps there is a degree of truth in there but I'd say there was a lot more 'meat' to the stories that choc was telling. The 'pay day' down the track idea died a long time ago in my eyes and while I like the idea, players need to look after themselves in case injury robs them of that 'money moment'.

Hi Al - yeh keen to see a solid Carlton dig, but tough ask in Bris vs the Lions....but let's f....in go 😅
Yeh played basically everywhere but prop n Hooker.
A close mate was the jnr Aussie halfback and played with Clyde and Daley and basically showed me how to play, as I could beat 5 each run, but lacked any real vision.....never played with his club team as enjoyed playing with school mates at Cronulla Caringbah and they would beat us by 40 😳 but I still scored a few and hit 'em hard ...
Noticed a couple of years ago after that Manly good win against the Broncs Telly coverage at Suncorp and when you were giving some encouragement to Joshy Schuster , you seemed to have a fairly solid build .
Certainly would help competing in the forwards and a bit of mobility from what you were saying once also .
Think that you mentioned once that you were still having a bit of a crack at social footy and touch as well a few seasons ago which would be a credit to you
Must have been an interesting experience playing along side some of those future stars as a junior in The Shire back in the day . Any former top liners in the junior coaching ranks at that stage ?.
Recall E T was initially or played quite a bit at full back in his younger days and before him playing more centre and wing at a higher level .

Noticed a couple of years ago after that Manly good win against the Broncs Telly coverage at Suncorp and when you were giving some encouragement to Joshy Schuster , you seemed to have a fairly solid build .
Certainly would help competing in the forwards and a bit of mobility from what you were saying once also .
Think that you mentioned once that you were still having a bit of a crack at social footy and touch as well a few seasons ago which would be a credit to you
Must have been an interesting experience playing along side some of those future stars as a junior in The Shire back in the day . Any former top liners in the junior coaching ranks at that stage ?.
Recall E T was initially or played quite a bit at full back in his younger days and before him playing more centre and wing at a higher level .
ET ran the gym downstairs and I was a fair bit younger, but more friends with his younger brother Michael, who became a Champion in Martial arts and the best bloke you would meet.
My footy unfortunately was limited by poor discipline off the field more than ability and having a 4 year break at 16 after breaking a mates neck in a heavy tackle and was not a spear or intentional.
Plenty more names Al, but was a long time ago.
Was very good mates with a hated man by Manly fans Adam McDougall, but we don't talk anymore.
Also played against Rob Kearns, Mitch Healy but the best player our age and still great mates today, was far better than anyone and mentioned him already.....yet crueled by injury.....so I felt bad for him as he put in big time, my bad luck was self destructive and attitude, but good times and no regrets.

ET ran the gym downstairs and I was a fair bit younger, but more friends with his younger brother Michael, who became a Champion in Martial arts and the best bloke you would meet.
My footy unfortunately was limited by poor discipline off the field more than ability and having a 4 year break at 16 after breaking a mates neck in a heavy tackle and was not a spear or intentional.
Plenty more names Al, but was a long time ago.
Was very good mates with a hated man by Manly fans Adam McDougall, but we don't talk anymore.
Also played against Rob Kearns, Mitch Healy but the best player our age and still great mates today, was far better than anyone and mentioned him already.....yet crueled by injury.....so I felt bad for him as he put in big time, my bad luck was self destructive and attitude, but good times and no regrets.
Good to be philosophical and in a balanced way about past times and experiences with the good and not so good times which applies to everyone in whatever degrees of course .
Yes ,sure was a real tragedy with Adam Ritson , so much promise and also sadly maybe could have been one of the greats but maybe medical science can still give him an even better quality of life in the not too distant future .
Thought that Mich Healy was a very capable 5 / 8 , think also that Manly were even considering trying to lure him at one stage .
Anyway always good to reflect back on interesting and life experiencing stages , especially footy related on this forum .
How is the music scene these days . not a bad talent to have if that applies to you in some worthwhile way

Good to be philosophical and in a balanced way about past times and experiences with the good and not so good times which applies to everyone in whatever degrees of course .
Yes ,sure was a real tragedy with Adam Ritson , so much promise and also sadly maybe could have been one of the greats but maybe medical science can still give him an even better quality of life in the not too distant future .
Thought that Mich Healy was a very capable 5 / 8 , think also that Manly were even considering trying to lure him at one stage .
Anyway always good to reflect back on interesting and life experiencing stages , especially footy related on this forum .
How is the music scene these days . not a bad talent to have if that applies to you in some worthwhile way
Definitely footy is 1 of those things in life you form forever friends and many great memories....including much off the field...
Yeh big Ritto was a huge talent and his situation was a very close call looking grim at 1 stage.....he went on to do a few other interests including helping as a bookie at the races, a big happy fella who had the world at his feet as a very young front rower....but in the end he made it through a situation many don't and appreciates that
Things are looking good with music thx Al
Have a music video clip just about ready to go and will add it by weeks end if the mods are happy to do so, it is definitely Manly related as a bonus too 😎

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8