• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE will be great, hes young and motivated, he will bring passion to the team, hes quicker thatn hodko, hes kicking game is awesome, hes not afraid to take on the line, and the kid can pass, he will fit in great with our second rowers with a short passing game, his speed added with swtwie and wolfie when they return will make our attack so much faster and so much more organised, im excited !

Ryan link said:
IMG_3380.JPG

Looking very scrawny.

Hopefully an off-season in the weights room at Narrabeen will do him a world of good.

give him time, he will be great, i cant wait for him and foran to reunite, young halves combo that will be at manly for many years to come !

susan link said:
youve got me fired up now copa.bring on sunday!!
Susan, get pumped you get to see our highly regarded  half before we do ! If Mal Meninga likes him surely he must be good !

[quote author=Wolfpack link=topic=184726.msg285875#msg285875
Looking very scrawny.

[/quote]

Tooves looked scrawny too when he started out.

susan link said:
anyone who writes off a kid as a halfback in the NRL after 20 games with a 20 year old outside him and coming off a horrific 18 month injury is asking for trouble.the pressure on playmakers is enormous these days.no halves,no trophy.look at parra now that mortimer has struggled.i hope you are all right about him being a hoax as he will be a bulldog but I have a sneaky feeling we may regret this.i wouldnt have forked out 270k per year to test this theory so the club did the right thing but something tells me it will haunt us.

i am a great admirer of kieran foran but he too had dropped in form and it is all about presure on young kids shoulders.i think the advantage HK had over DCE was his phisical strength and thats what gave him the nod.DCEwas extremely lightly framed when i saw him last.hope he has filled out.

looking forward to Sunday.

I think TH has something to offer the NRL and could still yet turn out to be a solid 1st Grade half. The biggest disappointment for me is that all we see at Manly is him camped on the RHS, mostly two out from the ruck and not really playing like a half / first receiver at all. I can only assume that this is a strict direction from Des. We haven't seen him really take on a controlling role were he dominates the attack handling 4 or 5 times a set like most other halves do. Foran has that job. Who knows with a bit more freedom and a chance on both left and right he might turn into a useful ball player. He has showed glimpses of good ball play but he certainly doesn't look like he has the speed / footwork to trouble the defence with ball in hand. I could see him turning into a Kimmorely like half, physical, ball playing half with a good long kick and chase game. Like you say Susan, wasn't prepared to risk $250K+ a year on the hope that he develops into something special given what we had seen to date.

I look forward to an honest apppraisal of Cherry Ripe.

see you there Sue.Massive game for Burleigh sitting in 6th position. DCE will get no favours from Burleighs Brent"jockey"Mc Connell, who, on his day is as good a HB as you'll see. They've been hyping the game up on radio,so hopefully a good turnout is assured.

yeah its a great place to watch a game.plenty of atmosphere when the burleigh song goes up from the boys in the bar.weather lookin awful unfortunately at this stage.

DCE is 6 foot tall and will fill out more in the offseason.  Provided he works on his speed in the offseason we will be saying Trent who next year.

Is he DCE that small/slight.  There are more smaller halves in the comp than big boppers.  Is it so important for DCE to bulk up big time.  Is he that much smaller than, wallace, cronk, prince, hornby, pearce etc, and he has to be bigger than walsh & sandow.  Just not sure what this obsession with him bulking up is.  If his defence needs working on then fine, that is something to do but does he have to bulk up also?

MissKate link said:
Is he DCE that small/slight.  There are more smaller halves in the comp than big boppers.  Is it so important for DCE to bulk up big time.  Is he that much smaller than, wallace, cronk, prince, hornby, pearce etc, and he has to be bigger than walsh & sandow.  Just not sure what this obsession with him bulking up is.  If his defence needs working on then fine, that is something to do but does he have to bulk up also?

yes...he is

He looks young and has a small frame. Needs more meat on him.

Orford was short but was built like...well an ox. That means he can tackle. A lot of big forwards would run over the top of DCE

Dan link said:
[quote author=MissKate link=topic=184726.msg286042#msg286042 date=1282284511]

yes...he is

He looks young and has a small frame. Needs more meat on him.

Orford was short but was built like...well an ox. That means he can tackle. A lot of big forwards would run over the top of DCE
[/quote]

Lots of small men running around now, Soward for instance.

I see the SCSE won quite convincingly. So how did the next great white hope go ??

Campbell has played 10 seasons as a lightweight but yes it helps to have some size which will come.

the next great white hope.

obviously you have dismissed TH after 20 games as a half which is ridiculous,although i remember you had similar thoughts before you saw him actually play.there hasnt been a decent young half except pearce in last 5 years and yet a young bloke who has had a solid year is ridiculed every week.being a playmaker is not like being a second rower or winger.it takes time and TH is improving over the year and will be a good player but I couldnt really care less now that he is going.

DCE also has talent.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4