• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tookey, if George is fit and Glenn's got his enthusiasm back and Kite fires up, I can see us causing some trouble through the forwards.  Lazy Ted's gone, Rodney's injury free, so I'm optimistic that DCE can link with Foran better than others, and we'll go on from there.  All good really.  Looking forward to the season.   

I agree with DSM...., and am sure Glen will be fired up in 2011.

A lot will revolve around Watmough and Kite who were stars for us in 2008 and to a slightly lesser extent in 2009... and both would admit their 2010 season was "forgettable".

If Rose is fitter, Rodney's back and injury free and Smokin Joe will do his usual good stuff then I reckon our pack will be better in 2011 than 2010.

I think with a new half it would be fanciful to suggest we'd be top 4 material but certainly top 8 shouldn't be out of the question.

Glenn will be back to his best this year now that brett has finished the court case.  I also think that kite will have a big year because it could be his last with us.  

My concerns with the forwards are lack of depth at prop.  Cross showed nothing last year and if we lose either Kite of King to long term injury we could be stuffed unless either Lussick of Paulo come good.  

Choc also neds to pull his finger out this year and he was awful in 2010.

As usual if we stay injury free we will go well.  But it is a big ask with the age and recent track record of a lot of our forwards.

The advantage DCE has this year is that he will have the prince of fullbacks swooping onto his passes and kicks. The Snake will make DCE look like an Origin player. I dare say if Snake had played last year we may have been talking more glowingly of and more regrettfully over losing T.H. Go DCE I think he will show why luminaries like Bennett, Lewis and Meninga think he is a future star.

Masked Eagle link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=186314.msg312839#msg312839 date=1295740173]
\"But the ploy is nothing new in Queensland, where the brains trust of Mal Meninga and Wayne Bennett again assembled in Brisbane to blood the best young players on the cusp of selection.

Bulldogs playmaker Ben Barba, Canberra three-quarter Daniel Vidot, Broncos forward Matt Gillett and Manly halfback Dale Cherry-Evans were among the 14 players attending.\"

The above is a snippet from the SMH. DCE hasn't played an NRL game yet he has been picked as an emerging talent by QLD.

If Bennett and Meninga think he got the talent to get into an origin side in the future obviously he must have shown them enough already and should go alright in the NRL.

I really hope this kid will turn out to be our long term halfback.

Don't think Bennett has anything to do with it.
[/quote]

Bennett runs and coaches the emerging Maroons cause the Maroons still base their game off the playbook he invented when he helped reorganise the way they run origin. The whole point is everyone in Qld gets mentored into the same style that the origin coach can then work with. Here is a link of him being interviewed at the camp http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/wayne-bennett-back-in-brisbane-to-coach-state-of-origin-emerging-squad/story-e6frep66-1225992892890

Shane link said:
[quote author=Chip & Chase link=topic=186314.msg312858#msg312858 date=1295747894]
His drop goals were good I'll grant you that, but as far as driving our attack and dominating with ball in hand I think he came up a little short. Des's coaching style didn't afford him a lot of freedom which may have had something to do with it, but he really didn't seem to kick on in the second half of the season as he got more game time under his belt. His strength was supposed to be his kicking game, but it was fairly inconsistent....no worse than Orfords though I must admit.

I hope for all our sakes DCE is a gun, but it's tough for young halfbacks to step up to the NRL and dominate. I'll be happy with a solid effort and indications of improvement as the season progresses.

Orford had argueably the best short kicking game when he left the NRL which means if it went dead,it trickled over the line by about 1 foot
Hodkinson had an aweful short kicking game,which meant when he kicked the ball dead it ended up in the bleachers of suncorp

Orford's long kicking game was accurate but way to short
Hodkinson's is longer but the kid has no accuracy and cant put the ball in a gap anyway
[/quote]

Orford had a fantastic short kicking game but when his groin went he didn't take the line on the well. Hodkinson I thought had a great short kicking game when he was playing off the cuff, but his set plays and passing game really let him down. Hoepfully DCE takes the line on well and passes well both ways. he really just needs to compliment Foran because he takes the line on and passes well. I don't think DCE has to be outstanding, just a good solid player in his first year. Anything else is a bonus because Lyon, Gift and Brett are good playmakers as well.

mickqld link said:
The advantage DCE has this year is that he will have the prince of fullbacks swooping onto his passes and kicks. The Snake will make DCE look like an Origin player.

He will look like a chump no matter the backline support if the forwards don't step up this year. I will guage his form by that - if our forwards capitulate then he hasn't had a chance. I saw TH take many a poor option late season, right after he signed for the doggies. One way to assess DCE's impact will be his stabbing kicks under pressure and how they swing a game. Good luck to him and he deserves his shot.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4