Defensive attitude change?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SwornEagle

Reserve Grader
I was disappointed to see the attitude of the team change as the Tigers started to have a bit of ball in the second half, right before Foran's tackle. It was a time in the match to show some solid defense but ill discipline, carelessness and a wrong choice of attitude was shown.

At half time the 2010 season was off to the best start I have ever seen, no sh*t.. we have had some TERRIBLE season starts, some that last 8 or 9 games...

The feeling was the exact same feeling as the Sharks game at Brookvale oval in 2005. We were in total dominance, firing on all cylinders. Until Hoppa almost took Galloway's head off. The same thing occurred in Round 1, 2010.

Unwarranted frustration, over confidence or a plan of trying to 'over enforce' dominance took over and we are our own worst enemy.

Its a dangerous game playing the full 80 minutes like the first 20, as we were doing in the second half, but you also don't want to 'shut up shop' to protect a lead as this is even more dangerous. We have one of the most dominate packs in the comp but that means squat if your not smart about it.

I would like to see a change in attitude when they find themselves in the 'same place' in the future. Concentrating on the fundamentals, hitting low and hard, wrapping up the ball, frustrating them. Being the losing team in the match its far easier for them to get frustrated. If 10 mins of big hits and aggression is needed to remind the opposition, then so be it..The attack in the last 10 mins went missing but its the defensive attitude that needs a change.

I'm disappointed with the result like everyone else, but there were a ton of positives shown for the 2010 season and every footballers misfortune is another's fortune as things may open up that otherwise wouldn't.

Good post and I must agree with the sentiments re Monday nights fiasco.  I'd add to the first paragraph that we seemed to run out of condition in the last twenty as well.  They got going, as we got tired.

At the 55th minute I nearly tweeted that Manly had re-discovered their 2008 defensive intensity.  I'm glad I didn't.

But if they can do for 80 what they did for 60 we will go alright.  We'll need to because we haven't many points in us unless Hodkinson's kicking game is as good as susan says it is.

Matabele link said:
At the 55th minute I nearly tweeted that Manly had re-discovered their 2008 defensive intensity.  I'm glad I didn't.

But if they can do for 80 what they did for 60 we will go alright.  We'll need to because we haven't many points in us unless Hodkinson's kicking game is as good as susan says it is.

Mata I agree with you about our defensive effort in the first 60 minutes we were hungry for blood which resembled that of the '07 and '08 teams and hopefully it caries on regardless of who's playing custodian.

Don't worry about Hodkingson he has a kicking game which we where lacking in 2009. Quite frankly I can't wait until he play's more games with Snake.

Same f*cking thing happened... frustration and loss of discipline..

You have to say Des has to take some responsibility for this.

SwornEagle link said:
Same f*cking thing happened... frustration and loss of discipline..

You have to say Des has to take some responsibility for this.
The team was rank outsiders but deserved to win. Des is responsible for that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7