Des has painted himself into a corner here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
In saying that Bellamy is a hard task master with old school discipline and still gets results.

The main issues are ineffective go forward from powder puff, hop, skip trundling, running types from a squad that lacks athletes with good leg drive and footwork---we look like park footballers physically and skillset wise across the park.

Defensively with a busted squad we lack the energy and freshness to win the tackle and ruck causing us to be on the back foot way too easily---especially under the new 6 again rule.

Des's teams throughout his career have enjoyed the wrestle(but "obviously with less extreme illegalities behind it) almost as much as Melb and we are getting showed up more with this rule---always annoyed me that fans here just kept focusing on Melb when Manly got away with plenty over the same period.

All this talk about Levi being the issue is so far off the mark, the same people here last year were all talking about Api being the issue when Fainu wasn't on----Penrith 10 in a row answers that question.

I don't think it is as easy as using new players in our 30 player squad without it impacting the salary cap in a variety of ways---along with creating a more disjointed squad than it already is as evidenced by the defensive structure errors from backing off, to sliding to backing off then rushing up.
A well thought out summation.

Well it looks like he will have to replace Suli looks like has has a fractured foot according to NRL Physio on Twitter
I maintain he's too muscle-bound to be a centre; like that Joey Leilua dumbum. He seems to get hurt too often. Something is not right with his body shape. He should be a prop.

I think it’s imperative we keep Guac, Hoppa and The Shoe. Metcalf...maybe. Guac and Hoppa have starting spots next year (thIs year?) at edge and wing respectively. The Shoe I’d like to see at 14. With Fainu gone we probably need to stick with Levi. He’s shown enough this year around the ruck, he just doesn’t have that crisp long pass out in front of his playmaker (Api doesn’t either). I believe this is why Jake is being used as a link man. The Shoe can be tried in a dual role of relief hooker / ball playing lock with a long term view of being the latter allowing Jake to move into the front rower rotation.

Des is not the modern day coach to coach these players to play the modern day game.Time for a new coach people.
Our structures were old school, the 6 again rule has made them ancient. What has really been on display is the complete inability to change direction at all nevermind being adaptable and move quickly.

Bellyache gets smashed once may be twice under the new rules, he went can't do the same around the ruck, innovate yep small mobile player, bench hooker SMITH starting Prop. BAM.

Mean while DES is thinking. Back in 2011 FOZ could bloody Play and Drag Trex into a hole.

To those saying Des is yesterday's man... you could be right... but we looked pretty good last year even with Tom, Dylan and even DCE with decent stretches on the sideline.

This year it has all fallen apart.

What happened?
Loosing two gun hookers is what happened. We had to change the way we play and dce never adapted. Once turbo went and walker we had nothing in attack and still dont. Missing 3 of 4 key spine players isnt the fault of Des so im not getting the pitch fork out this season. He did make many crap team selections and continues to do so. The year started out so promising and now... 56 points to souffs

Look Des time is done, he does not adapt to changes in rules nor roster issues. If we are on verge of losing Hopoate for lack of opp is a joke. I suggest we need to look at younger more innovative coach. I did not watch tonight as I was at bbq but to me it’s a outdated game plan while the up and In is well past it’s used by date.

Our structures were old school, the 6 again rule has made them ancient. What has really been on display is the complete inability to change direction at all nevermind being adaptable and move quickly.

Bellyache gets smashed once may be twice under the new rules, he went can't do the same around the ruck, innovate yep small mobile player, bench hooker SMITH starting Prop. BAM.

Mean while DES is thinking. Back in 2011 FOZ could bloody Play and Drag Trex into a hole.
This is it in a nutshell. And it simply breeds disharmony in players who obviously have the basic attributes to succeed under the new rules given time but don’t get a chance. It’s hard to watch.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10