Des Hasler and the Manly Sea eagles have called a truce allowing his immediate switch to the Bulldog

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Such is life....so many great years with him as coach and it's come down to this. It really is due to the board's indecisions, and their politics.

Do you really think Des Hasler would have left if they;
1) showed him the money
and
2) avoided the politiking which was going on?

i highly doubt Hasler would have left, especially with such a great opportunity to:
1) create a dynasty
2) cement his position as one of the code's greatest coaches
3) stay at the club he loves.

it is a massive loss for you guys, and as a non Manly supporter all of this has played out looking very bad for the club and the board memebrs.

take my words as just a small example of the outside opinions. It isn't Hasler who has come off looked second rate in all of this, it is the club and the board.

The board has created an image of themselves as being:
1) unprofessional
2) inept
3) bickering idiots
4) unprofessional (yes, twice)
5)short sighted.

As a doggies supporter i can't wait to see 2012 and 2013 pan out. I won't lie, the club and it's supporters are gearing up for what could be the begining of a resurgence for the dogs, and a very high likelyhood of Premiership chances.

Manly had their time, and it was a great run...it was only due to infighting, and an inability to seal the deal that the club ahs now suffered.

to make matters worse, it looks like you guys will loose some top players. This has not only ruined Maly's short term success, but it really has, in my opinion destroyed the chances you guys had of building a dynasty. I don't know why, but i recon (just a feeling) that if you guys don't go well in 2012, that Daly Cherry-Evans may look at leaving after his contract expires.

Tomiratz said:
1) unprofessional
2) inept
3) bickering idiots
5)short sighted.

As a doggies supporter i can't wait to see 2012 and 2013 pan out. I won't lie, the club and it's supporters are gearing up for what could be the begining of a resurgence for the dogs, and a very high likelyhood of Premiership chances.

Manly had their time, and it was a great run...it was only due to infighting, and an inability to seal the deal that the club ahs now suffered.

Do you think your board is united, there's been infighting for years there. The name Dib ring a bell?

So Hasler was already WHINGING about money today that he needs a etag, that someone may send him one, I hope he gets stuck in traffic every ****ing day and it takes him 1 1/2 hours each way to flea town

Tomiratz said:
Such is life....so many great years with him as coach and it's come down to this. It really is due to the board's indecisions, and their politics.

1) showed him the money
and

i highly doubt Hasler would have left, especially with such a great opportunity to:
1) create a dynasty

it is a massive loss for you guys, and as a non Manly supporter all of this has played out looking very bad for the club and the board memebrs.

take my words as just a small example of the outside opinions. It isn't Hasler who has come off looked second rate in all of this, it is the club and the board.

1) unprofessional
2) inept
3) bickering idiots
5)short sighted.

to make matters worse, it looks like you guys will loose some top players. This has not only ruined Maly's short term success, but it really has, in my opinion destroyed the chances you guys had of building a dynasty. I don't know why, but i recon (just a feeling) that if you guys don't go well in 2012, that Daly Cherry-Evans may look at leaving after his contract expires.

We did show him the money.

And thanks for telling us its a massive loss. We would never have known. And thanks again for telling us our club management is devoid of any commercial nous.

And thanks yet again for not lying to us by telling your valued opinion of your newly found high chance of premiership success.

Mr Invisible mark 11.

Are all dogs supporters this stupid ?

Tomiratz said:

1) showed him the money
and

1) create a dynasty

1) unprofessional
2) inept
3) bickering idiots
5)short sighted.

you left a comma out after the money.

[.[/quote]

And thanks for telling us its a massive loss. We would never have known. And thanks again for telling us our club management is devoid of any commercial nous.

And thanks yet again for not lying to us by telling your valued opinion of your newly found high chance of premiership success.

Mr Invisible mark 11.

Are all dogs supporters this stupid ?

[/quote]

No mate, they are too dumb to be stupid.

Jatz Crackers said:

More fool us seeing he's such an irrational control freak and on the nose with such an esteemed talent as Graham Lowe.

And Ernie, people in glass houses and all that. They're, not their.

Matabele said:
Jatz Crackers said:

More fool us seeing he's such an irrational control freak and on the nose with such an esteemed talent as Graham Lowe.

Am I allowed to say blow it out your arse?, and check the post again princess.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Matabele said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Am I allowed to say blow it out your arse?, and check the post again princess.

Editing your post doesn't minimize your original error which just compounded your insult.

Mate look it is of no value Eagles fans going at each other of something stupid. You didnt have to make the comment about the word being mispelt in the first place, what did you expect? No reaction. I have never made any comments of type to you so why do it to me.

Just think.... a couple of years from now when the Bulldogs board decide they can no longer tolerate Des with his "my way or nothing" coaching style and sack him, someone will bump this thread and we'll all be reminded of how foolish the dogs were to take him on.

Daddycool said:
Just think.... a couple of years from now when the Bulldogs board decide they can no longer tolerate Des with his "my way or nothing" coaching style and sack him, someone will bump this thread and we'll all be reminded of how foolish the dogs were to take him on.

guys, you've won two Premierships with him, and if memory serves me right, you made it to the finals in another two under his watch..or was it one lost, anyway, either way he has Coached the team to great success. He isn't something to sneeze at and to disregard.

below is a copy from Wikipedia (yes i know, not the greatest of sources, but for this sort of thing it's adequate) anyway, the quick blurb says it all. he was and still is a great coach, how he attains his success is of no real concern for the Dogs, and it didn't seem to concern teh Eagles when you were flying high. Wiki quote below:

"In 2004, Des Hasler was appointed head coach of the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles. In the 2005, 2006 and 2007 seasons he led the team to the semi-finals for the first time since the late 1990s. Hasler gained the experience of Geoff Toovey as assistant coach in the 2007 season. The team was a contender in the 2007 National Rugby League premiership, and finished second on the NRL ladder, losing the grand final 34-8 Melbourne Storm.

He coached Manly to a record breaking 40-0 2008 NRL Grand Final victory over the Melbourne Storm.[2]

In 2008 he was named the Rugby League International Federation's Coach of the Year at the RLIF Awards.[3]

After failing to win the 1987 World Club Challenge with Manly as a player, he won it with them as coach in 2009.

He took Manly to the finals again in 2009 and 2010, but lost a final in each year to be eliminated from the finals".

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4