Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just go now , don't need a wasted year worrying about who he is taking with him etc . What a waste of a premiership :( . Not comfortable in supporting a coach or players who i know 12mths in advance wont be with us.

RE: NEWS FLASH: Des is going to the Dogs in 2013

ParramattaEel said:
Des Hasler to doggies. Wow what happend to the family friendly culture at your club. Seems all your players/coaches are money hungry.

Okay but with all honesty i'd take back any chance of you guys going back to back

I've been reading your posts with passing interest. Were you 'hiding behind the door' when the teachers taught that the letter 'i' is always a capital letter when used in a sentence, unless contained in a longer word? An exception to that rule is of course with 'I'd.' Your posts are riddled with that glaring error. Just lazy, or are you merely stupid?

Simple really. I could go on...

WAMF said:
Eagles2nv said:
Mabye they will announce something at our awards night tonight. Anyone going?
Bugger that crap. The night will be more like a funeral.

If this is all true, your right, it could be a very awkward, quiet, sullen evening.

In fact, it will probably awkward regardless.

Utility Player said:
Well the underlining factor for 2012 will be now be "Win it for Des".

Why win it for Des? If players have signed long term contracts thinking Des will be coaching them how are they going to perform? If as reported some players have get out clauses in their contracts, well Des could destroy the club.

He's got to go now for sure. We saw what happened with Bennett at the Dragons. Goodbye Des, thanks for the memories. ****test premiership ever.

So now that Des is most lilkely moving on, im actually interested in seeing Tooves get the gig, not only was he a great player/Halfback hes also a great business man, i remember talks of him becoming CEO back in the day, a coach like Tooves who has been around Des for so long could keep the same structure and game plan, also linked with a posotive attitude towards business things could turn out well, Des always likes to push buttons, lets see what Tooves brings to the table !

amrak said:
Suck it up bitches your club is falling apart next to leave is crusher and T williams how funny it is. This is Mr Loyalty Des Hasler what a joke your club has become enjoy your premiership as it is your last. Put this in the bank Des WON'T be coaching you next year he will be coaching the dogs lmfao:D
Hey Cock Head you paid $300,000 for Hodkinson and we came up with DCE who held this years premiership trophy . If Hasler goes there is no tougher or fiercer competitor then Toovey. The moral of the story is you can buy a player or a coach but you will never buy our Sea Eagels winning spirit . :D:D:D

so this is all about money well simple.

If dogs want des for 2012 they can have him but thank can put 10 million in our bank account thank you very much.

manlysister said:
Des Hasler will quit the Manly Sea Eagles.

Hasler's relationship with football club and leagues club chairman Bob Reilly and rookie COO David Perry has deteriorated in recent weeks.

Time to go Bob - walk before you are shown the door :mad::mad::mad:

MrInvisible said:
Rex said:
The Mr Invisibles of this world live up to their name when they can't gloat over harming us. He came onto these boards with a vindictive spirit, wanting to rub our noses in it, as much as he proclaimed and pretended friendliness. He was easily seen through. His pretense of reasonableness was a sham. Like the Dogs poster above who also thinks texting on forums somehow makes him look smarter than he is. And like Darwin Eel. They may even tell themselves otherwise, but the proof of the pudding is in the eating.
Mate, that is *really* unfair to be honest.

I actually copped a 50% warning on here for being deliberately vague in regards to this issue, but there were reasons why I had to be (which are now becomming apparent). Only 2 admins on this forum have been party to this information, in order to clear my warning and explain my comments.

It SHOULD all come out in the media over the next few days. Anything that isn't cleared up I'm happy to answer once an announcement is made, based on what I know of the situation.

Trust me, I know what it's like to support a team where players have been poached or done the dirty on you. Mason? Hannant? Sonny Bill?

I'm also just as annoyed at Adrian Proszenko as you guys should be. What sort of idiot jumps the gun on a faux statement and builds up the hopes of one set of supporters, just to smash them apart again a few hours later. If I was his boss I'd be hauling him into the office and asking him to pack up his desk after that effort.

It's not the first time this guy has caused major headaches for Bulldogs supporters with the Kevin Moore saga.

Annoying for fans, embarassing for the papers.

From what I understand of the situation (and I don't work for the media) that first article in regards to Manly should never have been posted.

It's pretty crap how this whole thing has gone down to be honest. For both parties.

Rex said:
Can anyone imagine Mr Invisible, or the others, suddenly appearing on this forum wanting to have a friendly discussion if the tables were reversed and Manly were looking like making a key signing which might significantly weaken their teams?

Again unfair. I've been a member here for quite a while before this, and participated in other threads outside of this issue.

=============

Bottom line is that the papers may well be playing fans of both sides against each other. But this shows that the media will make up lies to sell papers.

Either one or the other article was correct, not both.

How you can be so wrong in such a short space of time (and yet unable to quote a source) leads me to be highly skeptical of Proszenko's motives in publishing both articles.

You've totally diverted away from the core of what I was saying Mr Invisible.

Which reporter got it right is irrelevant. A smokescreen. Newspapers habitually deal in misinformation and innuendo and scandal and emotion-tugging based on little or no facts - as the two years of outrageous, scandalous and disgraceful misreporting on Brett Stewart proved beyond any shadow of doubt. Even now, they continue to smear his good name outrageously and treat a major culprit in this disgrace, Gallop, as a weak and protected species.

You posted on these forums with an agenda of stirring up negative feelings among Manly fans. A ghoulish delight at anticipating and enjoying the train wreck. If the circumstances were reversed and it was good news for Manly and bad news for your team, then you wouldn't be here. Simple. Be honest with yourself and you'll see that is true.

I am at total peace with Dessie going. He is a super coach, the best in the business, and a super human being of integrity. Value him, and learn from him. And him going doesn't change my support for this club one iota.

torana355 said:
Does anyone know if DCE or Foran have get out clauses in their contracts?

Acoording to rleague.com

Three players also have get-out clauses if Hasler leaves: Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Kieran Foran

so to answer ur question, foran does

Just confirmed on ABC radio - this is a ****ty low act Des Hasler - someone who I thought had higher moral and ethical values

PS: well at least Manly will benefit much from the great thorough template that Des Hasler has set up - plus all the support staff etc at Narrabeen unless he's been a low rat and taken them all too

Eagles2nv said:
torana355 said:

Acoording to rleague.com

Three players also have get-out clauses if Hasler leaves: Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart and Kieran Foran

Oh, just our 3 best players. Nothing to worry about then.

Also, can't see Jamie staying around if Crusher goes...

Manly should be on the front foot straight away and make sure a deal is tabled to crusher straight away, and any players that are off contract or with out clauses brought in and have talks with ASAP

Keep the players together with crusher and new coach we would be ok I think

Eagles2nv said:
torana355 said:

Acoording to rleague.com

Can't see Dogs fitting them all in as well

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8