Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No mountains to climb says the article, what about minor premiership, b2b then a 3peat, coaching NSW & Australia,

The gutless only put their heads up when conditions are in their favour
Notice the Eels and Dogs supporters invading here now? That takes zero courage.

Having guts is being willing to welcome every blow inflicted.
To put your head up when times are tough ... and to revel in the toughness of it.
That's what being Manly is about.

Masked Eagle said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
mickqld said:
Cannot believe why all you people are believing anything written in the papers especially the daily bull****. Des is staying simple as that stop panicking or listening to these morons from other clubs who are desperately trying to cause unrest.

I hope you're right, Mick, but even the SMH (who originally said he was staying) are now saying it's a done deal. It hasn't felt right to me from the beginning, so I'll be very surprised if he stays.
Very disappointed that it's all come down to money. Des is Manly through and through. He has no ties to the Bulldogs. But obviously they don't care - they're happy to shaft Dymock - and neither does Des. And if coaches are all about "Show me the money!" (did Des really say that?), how can we ever expect players to be any different?

Apparently he did. Sounds kinda crass now doesn't it.

Yeah I wonder if it was a jab at the media.

God who knows. TBH I just cant bring myself to care enough today

We know how to win grand finals we just dont know how to handle it afterwards. Heres to implosion number 2 under Des straight after a grand final. This sucks Penthouse to ****house in 1 week

Poor clubs get pillaged by rich clubs. It's just the way of the world now. Ask the Roosters whether it brings happiness and success. I also accept that if Des moves on it is probably because he is looking for a new challenge more than for a pay rise.

If Des leaves it will obviously be very bad news for the club but it's not the end of the world. We all hoped that Des would stay on to steer us to another dozen titles but if it's not to be it's not to be. We've still got the best coach in the comp for next year and we've still got all our stars for next year - and with just an ounce of luck we'll have another flag next year.

Meanwhile I wouldn't back the Bulldogs next year at any odds. Despite their claims that they want Des as a 'development coach' all the development they want Des for he's already done at Manly. Next year they'll be offering massive contracts to Snake, Fozzi and any other star with a get out clause in his contact. How are their coach and current players going to feel about that ("play hard boys but you're dead to us next year"). I would expect the Roosters to chime in and the subsequent bidding war may see Kieren as the NRL's first $million a year player (and good luck to him).

How will the Bulldogs fans' feel in 2013 if the team they mortgaged their souls for gets toweled up by a Manly side featuring names like Whare, Blanch, Cunningham and Riccardi and coached by Tooves?

Des has done enough for the club over the past decade to prove his worth as a coach and an individual beyond any doubt and to earn out lasting gratitude. The gesture of giving his grand final ring to Darcy is enough to suggest that what ever he decides he will continue to give 100% to the club and the players as long as he's at the helm.

Interesting if Hasler said that there's nothing more to attain at Manly. We've had two coaches before who have two premierships. Surely he'd like to say he's got three.

Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
mickqld said:
Cannot believe why all you people are believing anything written in the papers especially the daily bull****. Des is staying simple as that stop panicking or listening to these morons from other clubs who are desperately trying to cause unrest.

I hope you're right, Mick, but even the SMH (who originally said he was staying) are now saying it's a done deal. It hasn't felt right to me from the beginning, so I'll be very surprised if he stays.
Very disappointed that it's all come down to money. Des is Manly through and through. He has no ties to the Bulldogs. But obviously they don't care - they're happy to shaft Dymock - and neither does Des. And if coaches are all about "Show me the money!" (did Des really say that?), how can we ever expect players to be any different?

God, I wish I could just bring myself not to care today. This is the worst news imaginable and has really put a dead end to the Grand Final celebrations. I would have rather heard the news of Snake, Gift or Jamie signing for the dogs.. and who knows? that may still occur....

DSM5 said:
Interesting if Hasler said that there's nothing more to attain at Manly. We've had two coaches before who have two premierships. Surely he'd like to say he's got three.
According to Peters' article Hasler got everything he ask for re. extending his contract but decided otherwise. Then why ask in the first place unless he was using us to up the offer from the dogs.

simon_eagle said:
Daniel said:
Masked Eagle said:
Ron E. Gibbs said:
mickqld said:

God, I wish I could just bring myself not to care today. This is the worst news imaginable and has really put a dead end to the Grand Final celebrations. I would have rather heard the news of Snake, Gift or Jamie signing for the dogs.. and who knows? that may still occur....

Had a day full of meetings and only just got started on my actual work. It's my birthday and my phone has not stopped ringing with people asking me about Des Hasler. The care factor has turned into a stress factor and I just can't bring myself to care today

Daniel said:
Had a day full of meetings and only just got started on my actual work. It's my birthday and my phone has not stopped ringing with people asking me about Des Hasler. The care factor has turned into a stress factor and I just can't bring myself to care today

How do you like your birthday present? Geez, this has taken all the gloss of the premiership win.

Well it looks like my personal thoughts about Des were completely wrong, Zorba has all but confirmed it. I was told this a month ago that Des would go but didn't want to believe it. I was also told from the same source that the Stewarts were ready to leave as well. I pray that isn't going to happen as well
I just hope we dont lose Crusher Cleal but I suspect he may go too. Pity but as a supporter of 38 yrs I've seen great times and not so great. We will prevail whoever comes in to replace Des will have a great foundation to work from hopefully it will be someone who bleeds Maroon and White. I have no doubt Des will give it his all in 2012 and I expect back to back premierships.

How will Des work with the people whose offer he reportedly rejected?
2012 will be more caustic between Management and Coaching Staff IMO.
If Des reckons that coaching at Manly is no longer a challenge, what will his level of commitment be in 2012? No Team work off the field was apparent this year at all, so 2012 can only be more fractured.

As for the 2011 Premiership, it is not diminished at all - no one remembers the Coaches from the past Premierships without struggling for names.
The eight Premiership's are Manly Warringah Sea Eagles' Trophies - not the Coaches or even the participating Players'.

Probably a good idea if some posters on here stop & take a deep deep breath before they continue to post.

If you dont already know, your making an absolute embarassing fool of yourselves with some of the most over reactionary drivel ever seen.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8