Des to coach Blues?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
seriously what has mal meninga done apart from selecting a team that selects itself and then handing the ball over... It is the best back line in SOO history coupled with two top end props that were made look even better by poor NSW selecting. Meninga is no coach the team that he has should never even look like getting beaten. Thurston, Lockyer, Hodges, Inglis, Slater and Falou - **** me, what more can u do with this team. Atleast with gus gould as coach NSW dominated heavily when they had the team to suit (girdler, freddie, gaz?,lyon), we were walloping the cane toads.

just my $0.02

tookey link said:
[quote author=Canteen Worker link=topic=178821.msg201697#msg201697 date=1224571106]
Our big worry is that we are getting an ex-Norths player as our assistant coach. Was it Kelly Egan?  I am not sure what his credentials are or what he has been doing since the Bears faded to that big cave in the sky?

I hope he doesn't import any Norths culture or restart the nonsense that plagued the Beagles.

Lets hope that he is a better assistant coach than he was a player.
[/quote]

my feelings as well

Kelly Egan...the name rings an absolutely faint bell but i can't place him.

If Des selected him then we should not worry.  The way that Des gave wraps to the coaching staff after the GF in almost every interview shows how much he needs them to be perfect and support the Manly style

eggson link said:
The way that Des gave wraps to the coaching staff after the GF in almost every interview shows how much he needs them to be perfect and support the Manly style
Also shows what a modest fellow he is.

Absolutely
Utility Player link said:
[quote author=eggson link=topic=178821.msg201722#msg201722 date=1224624999]
The way that Des gave wraps to the coaching staff after the GF in almost every interview shows how much he needs them to be perfect and support the Manly style
Also shows what a modest fellow he is.
[/quote]

Absolutely, i should've mentioned that too.  He's such a perfect professional in every way.  He celebrated with the players for a bit but made sure he went and said some words to each Storm player.  Other coaches would've gotten carried away with the situation.  He is pure gold that man, i have so much respect for him.

But back to the topic...Kelly Egan is??  :p

I am backing Tommy all the way !!!! hahahaha

The buildup would be exciting, and you could guarantee the side would have passion ! I think he has apllied with a 5 man coaching setup, all former Blues players

Cheers Eagle Rock!  Love those 90s...

Here's a clip from pretty much the same article, but with a paragraph or two added in:

The Daily Telegraph understands Manly's Des Hasler would be favourite to replace Bellamy should he stand down.

Hasler, though, may not accept any forthcoming offer. There is talk he may choose to focus purely on Manly's premiership defence.

Des i think would put aside his own 'dreams' of coaching the Blues to concentrate on Manly's defence because that's the type of person he is.  That said, if he did it then that's a huge wrap to him and i'd be happy for him.

If it were me i'd rather become the first coach/team to win back to back in the modern game rather than win a SOO series

The Blues just don't get it do they?  Coaching Queensland is not treated as a prize for the coach that wins each year's Premiership.  The only time the Blues didn't take that approach just happens to coincide with their main period of dominance. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6