Des trying new attacking plays today.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We are too bloody flat, look at the panthers they stand deeper and hit the ball running - we look slow
One play that annoyed me was with exactly 30 minutes left there is a break of play and Harper plays the ball on 4th tackle both lines set on the 1/2 way line.
Back in the old days you get a forward to steam on to the ball and make 10 metes, quick play the ball on the 40 and you almost have an attacking kick.

Instead, two passes to backs in the middle and they lose 10 metres and they instead have a defensive kick compressed and under pressure.

That’s one situation I don’t understand tactics in the modern game.

NYEagle

What I enjoyed seeing is Manly adjust their tactics as the Dogs read consistently our left side attack shifts. Once Tommy and Schuster starting coming inside it created a lot more space. Good to see some flexibility and Foran is the perfect guy to set up that pass!

Went back inside because Canterbury were primed in defence for the spread to turbo and Garrick. It took 60 mins to make the change.

That's correct the Dogs were coached to slide on the edges to stop the Turbo sweeping play. Manly changed and went up the middle instead and had success. 👍

Any new move needs to be on the back of good go-forward, I saw a lot of players running sideways and it looked like they didn't know what they were doing.

Horses for courses and against Storm those early shifts worked real well
Against Dogs today it probably helped them
Soon as we started attacking that middle third and smashing down doors, they opened up easily on those edges
Decent performance where execution was only 60% - which is scary for opposition in coming weeks

we can go on about the attack and the way the Dogs defended their edges but when you don't win the middle, the shift plays are generally shut down by even the poorest defence.

Not a lot of momentum was created in the middle due to being flat so that explains why we failed to torch their edges this afternoon. The inside balls to Tommy would have been the class of Foran identifying that they were being jammed and the timing of the run of Tom and the pass from Foz means the inside defenders are always going to struggle. It was a smart bit of footy on the fly from one of the wiliest halves in the game.

we can go on about the attack and the way the Dogs defended their edges but when you don't win the middle, the shift plays are generally shut down by even the poorest defence.

Not a lot of momentum was created in the middle due to being flat so that explains why we failed to torch their edges this afternoon. The inside balls to Tommy would have been the class of Foran identifying that they were being jammed and the timing of the run of Tom and the pass from Foz means the inside defenders are always going to struggle. It was a smart bit of footy on the fly from one of the wiliest halves in the game.
Agreed, our early shifts were a tactic to take advantage of teams that were compressing and rushing up in the middle. The tactic has been broadcast to all teams ever since we played Melbourne, now defences are adjusting. This can be a good thing as it creates more space in the middle, we just have to take advantage of it.

Yea never thought I'd see us with a near full strength side and look so disjointed in attack. It was frustrating to see, credit to doggies defence, but we just didn't look as clinical or flowing as we looked 2 weeks ago against Parra.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10