Devel contract players eligibility

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I read yesterday that we are supposedly applying to the NRL for Zac Saddler to be eligible for FG. He is on a Devel contract and is continually named in our game day 21. Why are Devel players allowed to be named in the 21 if they are not eligible to play? Sounds very NRL to me.

Can someone clear up Devel contracted players eligibility for this year as i'm sure I read before the season started that they are eligible for FG from round 1.

Players from outside of each club’s top 30 will also be available for selection from round 11, where previously they were barred altogether unless granted an exemption for injuries.
So why is Zac being continually named in our 21 if he is not eligible to play and why are the NRL accepting his selection?

Development players or young players(age and first grade experience)are the only players allowed to be used as 18th man(three concussions rule)hence why he is named every week.But the same 18th man can’t be picked on game day,two weeks in a row
That could explain half of the times he has been named (lol) but I don't recall any other Devel players being named in the 21...maybe Weeks was named once.

Development players or young players(age and first grade experience)are the only players allowed to be used as 18th man(three concussions rule)hence why he is named every week.But the same 18th man can’t be picked on game day,two weeks in a row
18th man can be any player from the top 30 squad
My explanation (lol), either 1) Zac is promoted to our top 30 and no-one told us, or 2) more likely the NRL have no-one even checking to make sure players are eligible :)

I thought they started with this and then ditched it because clubs were complaining that Dev players may not be ready and don't want to be forced to use them if they have to bring in the 18th man.

I don't think that's right. 18th man does not have to be a development player. Any player in the top 30 can be names as 18th man. I can only expect that Saddler has already been given an exemption to be named in the 21. But anyone from 18 to 21 could be named as our 18th man on game day!

I don't think that's right. 18th man does not have to be a development player. Any player in the top 30 can be names as 18th man. I can only expect that Saddler has already been given an exemption to be named in the 21. But anyone from 18 to 21 could be named as our 18th man on game day!

WHAT ARE THE RULES AROUND THE 18TH MAN OR EMERGING PLAYER?
The 18th player must be an NRL registered player who is eligible for selection in that round and part of the 21-man squad selected for the NRL game.

Clubs will be permitted to select any player from the above mentioned rosters and must identify the player when final team sheets are provided on game day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8