Did we miss ..... ?????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan link said:
And then Dessie just ups, and replaces him with Hodgkinson....and Australian rep player ! Foran to me looks brilliant. Cherry-Evans so, so. With Des investing in Hodgkinson, I don't know what that says about Evans. Maybe Darren could shed some light.

There could be another no 7 they may surface in the next few months

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=179038.msg205356#msg205356 date=1232264739]

And then Dessie just ups, and replaces him with Hodgkinson....and Australian rep player ! Foran to me looks brilliant. Cherry-Evans so, so. With Des investing in Hodgkinson, I don't know what that says about Evans. Maybe Darren could shed some light.

[/quote]

care to elaborate

If you listened to Zorba on the weekend he seemed to be talking a lot about Todd  Carney

The remarks were not personal regarding the loss of players - and certainly not directed at you Ryan. You make some good points in your post tho!

I'm a Todd Carney fan.  He'd be sensational with our back line.  I asked Zorb about Carney six months ago when trouble first arose.  He just batted me away saying he's a very good player and Manly were always interested in very good players.  There you go. 

DSM5 link said:
I'm a Todd Carney fan.  He'd be sensational with our back line.   I asked Zorb about Carney six months ago when trouble first arose.  He just batted me away saying he's a very good player and Manly were always interested in very good players.  There you go.  

The same way he's always interested in a very good buffet?

No interest at all in Carney personally

Salary cap was the reason used to oust Menzies from the club, and if we managed to sign  a dropkick like Carney up, after publicly saying we didn't have enough money to keep a club legend like Menzies, I would be very, very disappointed

Kiwi Eagle link said:
No interest at all in Carney personally

Salary cap was the reason used to oust Menzies from the club, and if we managed to sign  a dropkick like Carney up, after publicly saying we didn't have enough money to keep a club legend like Menzies, I would be very, very disappointed

My heart agrees, but my head disagrees.

Carney would be a long term signing. Beaver would have only been around for another year, two absolute maximum. Playing only 20-40 mins a game.

Personally if given the choice, like any Manly fan I'd rather Beaver play in a wheelchair than sign anyone else.

I know where you are coming from, and can partly agree, but even though he can be a bloody good player, a problematic pisshead may not be in the best interests for our club

1 thing i took note of last season was the fact that after Carney left, Canberra became a far better side with Campese running things. Probably just a coincedence, but food for thought

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
[quote author=ERNIE FOR NO7 link=topic=179038.msg205358#msg205358 date=1232265043]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=179038.msg205356#msg205356 date=1232264739]

[/quote]

care to elaborate
[/quote]

Na

I asked Zorb about Carney last night and all he said was "no comment", no yes and no no.  I've asked him about Carney before but he was non-commital then.  The Ox looked very strong, fit and relaxed as well.  I also asked Toovs about Bailey, he thought he'd be playing 5/8th, pushing Lyon to where he plays best.     

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2