Disgraceful treatment of Tooves will come back to bite us

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think the fact we have signed two from the Panthers and there's strong talk the Couger is on his way as trainer suggests it's a done deal!!

Beaver was asked on Fox today and being such an honest man he confirmed it in the most tactfull way :(

It would serve the Manly decision makers right, if 2v left as a Premiership winning coach :clap:

They fked up the 2 halves signings, so flicking 2v would give them the trifecta :mad:

Tooves' plight this season (injuries, poor form, losing long term players....not to mention the contract dramas with DCE and Foran) has actually found some sympathy from other clubs. Even Wayne Bennett, who has the best record of any coach, has come out and said that overcoming what Manly have gone through so far this year would be hard for any coach.

However, I too am one who believes that Tooves future as our coach was pretty much decided before we took to Parramatta Stadium for the first round this year. The only decision that hadn't been settled on was who to replace him with. Talk was of Barrett or even bringing Des back, but we now know it will be Barrett who is our coach from next season.

It won't matter if we manage to get into the finals or even if we happen to pull off what I think will be a miracle and actually win this years premiership. Tooves won't be our coach next year, that has already been rubber stamped. Manly is just waiting for the end of the season to announce rugby leagues worst kept secret of 2015.

@Ralphie

Surely the appointment of Barrett proves to you that the decision is not results driven.

Anyway, lets hope the boys keep on winning and go deep into the the finals to make the decision to move Toovs on look even more ridiculous.
It's a stitch up is what it is

3 fatties don't like Toovey because he picked the side politically of those who could best get done what he wanted done so not only does he lose but those who love the club lose too,most manly fans love the little bloke

The fact is Tooves has been hard done by and it is results driven, because the decision was made in the midst of our losing streak early this year. It all fell apart from when we lost our quality players in the lead up to the semis. Our forward pack was decimated in the semis and we never stop a chance of winning the comp.

Management have not taken into account the horrendous injury toll.

I hope Tooves sticks it up them and leads us to an unlikely top 8 Berth.

If he is going which is most certainly looks like

At least tell us before round 25 so we as fans can give him the right send off he deserves and in the process destroying Easts chances of either making the top 2 or top 4.

Whether we like it or not, Barrett will be our coach for at least next year.

The good thing is that I can't see Tooves going elsewhere to coach unless he's appointed as the Australian coach to take over from Sheens who is moving to Salford.

We signed Myles - and everyone complained
We signed Lussick - and apparently he's garbage
We signed Brown - and although an International, we have too many of his types
We signed Korosou - and we have no place for him in the team
We signed Barrett - and apparently he's a crap coach
We signed Cartwright - and people want to know what's the point
We signed Ron Palmer - and people say Singe is better

Can we at least these people a go at least before we hang them out to dry? We were all calling for change not long ago. Lets see how it pans out?

All I see, is that with the prospect of change ahead, and our injuries clearing up, we are looking much better than we did a few months ago.

Fair enough Ryan but what I can't understand is signing John Cartwright on in any coaching capacity when he did absolutely nothing at the Titans. He spent 4 years as head coach and they never made the finals and had a winning percentage of just 46 %...kind of smacks of hypocrisy to me.

We signed Myles - and everyone complained
We signed Lussick - and apparently he's garbage
We signed Brown - and although an International, we have too many of his types
We signed Korosou - and we have no place for him in the team
We signed Barrett - and apparently he's a crap coach
We signed Cartwright - and people want to know what's the point
We signed Ron Palmer - and people say Singe is better

Can we at least these people a go at least before we hang them out to dry? We were all calling for change not long ago. Lets see how it pans out?

All I see, is that with the prospect of change ahead, and our injuries clearing up, we are looking much better than we did a few months ago.

No we all weren't.

I was calling for steadyness and to stop the constant change.

Funnily enough we have managed to get players back on deck and post a relatively unchanged team for the last month and BOOM we are back winning.

Change for changes sake is just stupid and causes more problems than it can ever fix. Half of those changes above would be the same.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7