Disgusting lies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

lillchip

Reserve Grader
Just once can someone, like say TRENT BARRETT, actually come out and tell the truth.

In fact something JUST LIKE THIS would be good:

"I'd like to tell everyone the truth, I really was committed to Manly for the next 2 years (being the contract I signed in 2016) but the truth is when Ivan Cleary knocked back Penrith on Sat I got a call from Gould within hours, and frankly he's offered me crazy money that I just can't say no to".

Followed by....

"Frankly I could have issued a rushed statement saying I've suddenly decided the facilities at Manly are not up to scratch and threaten to quit, but frankly what's the point of fabricating such a concocted load of lies. Obviously I had no issue with the facilities when I signed in 2016 so why would I now. This has got nothing to do with Manly, I simply can't say no to a MUCH BIGGER PAY PACKET at Penrith next year so I'm going".

But no...... the players, the club and the loyal fans are once again treated like complete idiots.

Lies, damn lies.

I have a serious lack of faith in the current owners of Manly and the way the place is run but, to me the noise coming from Barrett does not sound like his own. It sounds like the same noise all year made by one channel nine, self promoting gassbag that probably just hired him and is desperately trying to cover his dodgy dealings over the past few months.

So you know Barrett is definitely the next Penrith coach then?

I'm not going to say anything is a rock solid guarantee but I will pass on what I was told over 3 weeks ago.

Griffin is as good as gone at the Riff and you can take it as read that Baz will be the coach there next year.

I thought that it was a pretty low chance of happening given both coaches had actually extended during the year, but here we are.

The longer it goes, the more on the money the guy was. What a farce this game is becoming.

Last edited:
Gorman has lied to members and fans this whole week basically.
I don’t think he has lied. I think he’s between a rock and a hard place. I reckon he’s going to try to convince Barrett to stay. It’s the only reason I can think of to push it out to season end. It wouldn’t have been a good look to have it come out on live radio. There’s no control of the narrative that way. I also think regardless of if it’s the first time it comes out I think he prefers the first official comments to be to the fans rather than some hack journalists. Vultures really

I have a serious lack of faith in the current owners of Manly and the way the place is run but, to me the noise coming from Barrett does not sound like his own. It sounds like the same noise all year made by one channel nine, self promoting gassbag that probably just hired him and is desperately trying to cover his dodgy dealings over the past few months.
Something definitely going on with the owners??? They have been absent all year.

If its such a rabble of a club , why would the likes of Toovey hand a resume in to come back . Barrett just couldn't handle the heat . Toovey if anyone has enough reason to tell this club to blow it out your arse , but no he wouldn't because he is a manly boy and bleeds our colours.

If its such a rabble of a club , why would the likes of Toovey hand a resume in to come back . Barrett just couldn't handle the heat . Toovey if anyone has enough reason to tell this club to blow it out your arse , but no he wouldn't because he is a manly boy and bleeds our colours.
One step at a time.

Gould said categorically Barrett wod not be at Penrith next year. That's good enough for me.
He also said: "I don't think he'll leave Manly. I know his manager really well, he won't leave unless he's got another option."
I suspect he will be thrown a lifeline (unless the Panthers win the premiership) and then it will have been nothing to do with Gus' meddling ;)

Gorman has lied to members and fans this whole week basically.

@Ryan, I don't read it like that mate. Gorman would need to have kept some confidentiality around discussion being had with Twenty so his not about to come out and declare Twenty was walking. I say there would have been a fair bit of discussions and I am also hopeful that a good operator as he is that he would have been sourcing out option B being a replacement.

From reading here the vibe with Tooves on the fox program who knows what the next move might but I am sure Gorman is the one to align the stars, well thats what I hope anyway.

2V and De$ would hand the resume in, because its their home.

@Ryan, I don't read it like that mate. Gorman would need to have kept some confidentiality around discussion being had with Twenty so his not about to come out and declare Twenty was walking. I say there would have been a fair bit of discussions and I am also hopeful that a good operator as he is that he would have been sourcing out option B being a replacement.

From reading here the vibe with Tooves on the fox program who knows what the next move might but I am sure Gorman is the one to align the stars, well thats what I hope anyway.

Really hope so mate. I guess the only way is up.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8