Do we go out and have a real crack or go out with a whimper?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
Next Saturdays game is a chance for redemption.

Are Manly gonna get out there and have a real go and beat a team who is an enemy led by a guy who betrayed us or are we just gonna submit and allow it all to unravel??

Come on team , this is a chance to finally get some closure on the events of end of 2011.

Its all to play for, we can do this!!!

Will be supporting the team regardless!
I hope we can dig deep and find something. We know exactly how they going to play us!
Go Manly!

Its not a question of the efforts to be put in by t he remaining players. It wont matter how much they put in. We may have Choc, Ballin, Killer, out. Along with Jayden, Gifty, Ferris. Our forwards are decimated. Our backs have no platform, on top of which several of them are playing injured, and or out of form. I cant remember a more foregone conclusion in a semi final. Sorry.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Its not a question of the efforts to be put in by t he remaining players. It wont matter how much they put in. We may have Choc, Ballin, Killer, out. Along with Jayden, Gifty, Ferris. Our forwards are decimated. Our backs have no platform, on top of which several of them are playing injured, and or out of form. I cant remember a more foregone conclusion in a semi final. Sorry.

You forgot Foz aswell he was put on report for a high shot. :(

It will be a repeat of the last 6 weeks I'm afraid.

No catalyst for a turnaround in sight.

The lunatics are running the asylum, and they don't feel like doing much.

The Dogs showed today that it can turn around very quickly. They've played like busteds for weeks but managed to go to Melbourne and knock over the hot favourites.
Whether we've got enough healthy and committed players is the issue.Also playing against a Des coached team might be a little extra motivation.
Possible suspensions could be the key.

Exactly what is it that is going to change during week that will make next weeks performance against the Dogs any different to the last 6 weeks.

Everyone, including me, is hoping we will 'come good', but with so many key players on the sideline or out of form, how exactly are we going to turn things around in 1 week

Sadly, i just can't see us getting beyond the next game this year.

zabble said:
Exactly what is it that is going to change during week that will make next weeks performance against the Dogs any different to the last 6 weeks.

Everyone, including me, is hoping we will 'come good', but with so many key players on the sideline or out of form, how exactly are we going to turn things around in 1 week

Sadly, i just can't see us getting beyond the next game this year.

Well the Dogs turned it around and the Panfers have got a huge injury list.
No more excuses!!!

Dogs form hasn't been exactly great. They were 2 from 8 before today, worse than us. They only played well for the first 20 minutes today, the rest was a rabble. 2 dogs tries were from intercepts. With the amount of ball the storm was giving them they should have made it to 40.

A bit of belief and committment will get us the goods.

Well I learned three things today:

(1) Bulldogs turned a 0-19 second half against a team running third last and playing for nothing into a 24-0 first half against Melbourne playing for everything, and at home, and, as posted above their record over the last 8 was worse than us!.

This shows that anything can happen in the NRL in 2014

(2) The importance of a healthy number 9 to a team. With a busted Cameron Smith Melbourne didn't have half the go forward, you could see it.

(3) We are a chance Saturday because the bulldogs are slow and also we had the pleasure of watching the two teams really beat each other up. They also have to travel back from Melbourne.

The one thing Manly still have is skill as evidenced by the last 24 points against the Rabbits. If the forwards can dig in against this slow, and as expected, tired pack, we can get it done.

I'm also hoping that the fractures aren't as deeply affecting the team as made out.

No excuses Manly. You want this?.

No excuses like the earlier post said, penny panthers have been busted most of this season yet keep turning up.

The secret to them is they have blooded some young players, something that in hind sight we might have done during the origin period,

They also have something that we have been missing, DESIRE!!!

If we get the right mind sight we can continue to fight on this season.

As a coach the Souths game was always going to be a near impossible task considering there was less pressure on Souths to perform with a second chance card up their sleeve.

I stated a few weeks ago I did not want to play Souths in the Semi's as I thought we were no chance---i would fancy our chances against them more in a GF pressure cooker environment which may nullify their superiority in the forwards.

Going against the Dogs I would have more belief we are a chance, their size is big but not explosive so we should be more successful of slowing down the play the balls. The Dogs also come across like the Manly of 2009/2010 a little of the wrong type of size, some sluggishness and consistently fading in the second half.

Would be great if Watmough was playing to hit the gaps behind marker in the second half or even crabbing and engaging a few forwards and popping a short ball to a straight runner plus having their forwards make multiple tackle attempts on him to create fatigue--- the composure of Lyon will be missed also.

The problem is the forwards lack self belief, the backs/halves don't believe the forwards can get the job done add in the injury toll/suspensions and you should have a recipe for disaster but I'm more optimistic about this game than Friday night if you are looking for a bright side.

We stay within 12-14 points at half time we are still a small chance.

Fly in Ben Kennedy right now to lift the troops this week at training-- especially the forwards it will be money well spent.

We will continue to support the team but unfortunately some of the players are not supporting us.

Hopefully the cancers will be removed shortly

Look I love all the players that supposedly want out, but all this has sucked the enjoyment of what should've been a great season.
I just want it all sorted out one way or the other in the off season so I can get back to just enjoying the footy.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8