Do we have anythng to worry about with Matt Ballin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Scumos SCam has redefined the term The Big 3.
It will now be in reference to his grubby bashing of a man on the ground :mad:

Tooves doesn't whinge , he is the rational one who requests an investigation :cool:

MWSE is back up and has the presser.

2v does give a serve to Manly for their lack of defence on the fifth tackle - three led to tries :dodgy:

What a disgrace it is that he is in the same group of so many great past Australian Kangaroo captains. Sickening.

Stevo said:
Has anyone seen the press conference? Did Tooves have a whinge about it?

How could he. If he opens his mouth in protest then Greenturd will slap another 10k fine on him.

Unbelievable...

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/rickey_stuart_is_fighting_to_save_his_nrl_coaching_career/P20/

How did Cameron Smith get away with elbowing Ballin 3 times on the weekend? Somehow HE got the penalty and the Storm score off the next play.
What’s made him the protected species he now is? Storms tactics (of lifting in tackles in particular) last Saturday night were disgraceful. And sadly, as usual, it’s completely ignored by all in the media who instead focus on Bellyache crying over a video ref decision (that actually was a try!)
sick_thing of Homebush
Mon 12 May 14 (12:30pm)

(Reply)
Next time Matt Ballin is holding a bloke down by the jersey he might care to think about the possible consequences.
Phil Rothfield

Mon 12 May 14 (12:40pm)
photo_384.jpg

Seems the NRL have gone completely nuts and given Bird a Grade 3!!!! for that supposed dangerous tackle!!! Is out of Origins 1 & 2!!!!!!! It was nothing when compared to the opening tackle on Choc last Sat night.

https://twitter.com/7SportBrisbane/status/465731597312864256

7News Brisbane Sport ‏@7SportBrisbane 53s

.@camsmith9 and @billyslater charged with grade one offences, and will be free to play this weekend. #NRL

Mitch said:
Peter Tunks just gave Ballin a massive serve on Talkin Sport. He labelled him a serial pest and that he would of done the same thing.
When Tunks was playing though if he'd done that he would have copped a punch in the head,which is what should have happened to Smith.

ssar said:
HandyEuphoricEastrussiancoursinghounds.gif

Headbutt to the forearm - penalty against Manly.

So technical rule people, please correct me here if I'm wrong.
Scenario 1. Player A is standing upright and grabs Player B's shirt. Player B punches Player A. Player B gets sent off.
Scenario 2. Player C is on the ground still holding a shirt after a tackle. Player D strikes C, 3 times with forearm and elbow.
Penalty to Player D and nothing to answer for with match review committee? WTF???
Please Nrl? This is way more ridiculous and in need of investigation than the 2013 Matai no-try against the bunnies.
Great bloke that Cam Smith.:mad:

Brissie Kid said:
Unbelievable...

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/buzzwords/index.php/dailytelegraph/comments/rickey_stuart_is_fighting_to_save_his_nrl_coaching_career/P20/

How did Cameron Smith get away with elbowing Ballin 3 times on the weekend? Somehow HE got the penalty and the Storm score off the next play.
What’s made him the protected species he now is? Storms tactics (of lifting in tackles in particular) last Saturday night were disgraceful. And sadly, as usual, it’s completely ignored by all in the media who instead focus on Bellyache crying over a video ref decision (that actually was a try!)
sick_thing of Homebush
Mon 12 May 14 (12:30pm)

(Reply)
Next time Matt Ballin is holding a bloke down by the jersey he might care to think about the possible consequences.
Phil Rothfield

Mon 12 May 14 (12:40pm)
photo_384.jpg

Classy reply kind of like
Next time your wife goes out in a short skirt :(

niccipops said:
ssar said:

Scenario 1. Player A is standing upright and grabs Player B's shirt. Player B punches Player A. Player B gets sent off.
Scenario 2. Player C is on the ground still holding a shirt after a tackle. Player D strikes C, 3 times with forearm and elbow.
Penalty to Player D and nothing to answer for with match review committee? WTF???
Please Nrl? This is way more ridiculous and in need of investigation than the 2013 Matai no-try against the bunnies.

Matty should've milked it for all it was worth, laid down ( yes, I know he was already but stayed down ) and feigned serious injury. The penalty had already gone to the Storm so the only way for it to get looked at or reversed was to get the video ref involved.

Things are getting ridiculous, if you take a dive and stay down you're a good chance of getting a penalty but if you take it the chin - pardon the pun - it's play on.

There was some serious niggle going on between both of them all night though.

If he had got up swinging the penalty would have been reversed. It would have been referred back to the video ref.

Moondog said:
Mitch said:
Peter Tunks just gave Ballin a massive serve on Talkin Sport. He labelled him a serial pest and that he would of done the same thing.
When Tunks was playing though if he'd done that he would have copped a punch in the head,which is what should have happened to Smith.

Spot on Moondog. In yesteryear, how many blokes would have done to Tallis what Smith did to Ballin??? None, because Gordy would have jumped up, played the ball and then belted the living sh1t out of them. The fact that he could've meant not many were willing to try it. Niggle and grubbiness have always been in the game, I know, but it will start to dominate soon.

Remember when a coach would send on an enforcer to take the oppositions half's head off? Well soon coaches like Bellamy will be sending blokes out to rip a playmakers sack off, or eye gouge a dominant front rower to take him out of the game. Accidently of course during the act of making a tackle. ;)

Bring back the biff and keep the dirty grubs honest.

StuBoot said:
niccipops said:
ssar said:

Matty should've milked it for all it was worth, laid down ( yes, I know he was already but stayed down ) and feigned serious injury. The penalty had already gone to the Storm so the only way for it to get looked at or reversed was to get the video ref involved.

Things are getting ridiculous, if you take a dive and stay down you're a good chance of getting a penalty but if you take it the chin - pardon the pun - it's play on.

There was some serious niggle going on between both of them all night though.

This. As much as I hate a dive the rules and their enforcement leave no option. Ballin should have stayed down and that would have been reversed no problem. Storm no try and a whole different scenario.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4