Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Benny T been down a bit after a promising start to 2024 and his other forwards were much the same tonight
Problem is, before we talk about replacing players you need a bloke ready to step up and take advantage from Blacktown and anyone watching todays NSW cup will not be excited by the options based on today's game

it’s simple, this clown is not a 1st grader. Living off the family name. Ineffective, slow, zero contribution to the game.
He's probably not going to be a superstar like Tom or an 80 minute grafter like Jake. He could do with being moved to the bench and at this point is probably fringe first grade but the coach picks the team. Calling him a clown??? Not sure about that

Burbo doesn’t suck when the rest of team doesn’t suck. After the Bunnies game, the forum was singing his praises. This is a very reactive place. When we win, we have the best 17 in the league, and when we lose, we should sack everyone because they’re not up to it.
He's been around for years now and that souths game was his best... but souths lost 3 in a row. He has never impressed me expect for that 1 game and i thought hey he's turned a corner here but nope he is weak and ineffective, doesn't pass or offload or break tackles. What does he offer in your opinion?

He's been around for years now and that souths game was his best... but souths lost 3 in a row. He has never impressed me expect for that 1 game and i thought hey he's turned a corner here but nope he is weak and ineffective, doesn't pass or offload or break tackles. What does he offer in your opinion?
He’s played 30 games. I like his line running, strong defence, and attitude. I’m happy with his progress. He’ll keep improving.

He’s played 30 games. I like his line running, strong defence, and attitude. I’m happy with his progress. He’ll keep improving.
I laugh at the line “been around for years”.His most important years of development,like so many others,were ruined by the Covid period.No lower grade games to help these players learn.Then last season,he suffered from injuries.He has the right attitude and determination,which is a lot more than a certain player plodding along in reggies who so many on ST’s keep pushing to take BenT’s spot

Not droppable just yet imo but definetely needs limited minutes. He gets fatigued and his tackles and effort becomes soft. And just runs ineffective angles and way too sideways at time. Ben is a work in progress but he is not ready for 80 minute edge backrow in first grade.

I laugh at the line “been around for years”.His most important years of development,like so many others,were ruined by the Covid period.No lower grade games to help these players learn.Then last season,he suffered from injuries.He has the right attitude and determination,which is a lot more than a certain player plodding along in reggies who so many on ST’s keep pushing to take BenT’s spot
Laugh all you want fact is he had been around for years and he is STILL average and a bench player at best. What other teams would he start at? Out of the 4 starting 2nd rowers on the wknd who is the least effective? Ola Su'A Leilua Burbo? Schuster was much better in the 2nd row when dessie had him there

His line running? We must disagree on this one. He does have a good attitude but that alone wont cut it we need an effective 2nd rower who can hit a hole offload and break tackles ie Ola

His line running? We must disagree on this one. He does have a good attitude but that alone wont cut it we need an effective 2nd rower who can hit a hole offload and break tackles ie Ola
Unfortunately, Ola doesn’t really hit holes or run great lines. He tends to rely more on brute strength. If he wants to play at the most elite levels (Origin, for example), it’s an area he could improve on greatly… and not his fault, BTW. Lack of structured play to help develop this.

Unfortunately, Ola doesn’t really hit holes or run great lines. He tends to rely more on brute strength. If he wants to play at the most elite levels (Origin, for example), it’s an area he could improve on greatly… and not his fault, BTW. Lack of structured play to help develop this.

That is exactly what Jason Taumalolo did in the beginning.
He is nowhere near as effective anymore and they still have to pay him 1 mill for another 3 or 4 years.

How much are we paying Ola and for another 7 or 8 years. He needs to improve his game. Run from a longer distance, bring able to hit a hole and pass the ball consistently from left to right to his outside man.

Is he still going to be worth 850/900k in 4 years time, let alone 7.

He is nowhere near as effective anymore and they still have to pay him 1 mill for another 3 or 4 years.

How much are we paying Ola and for another 7 or 8 years. He needs to improve his game. Run from a longer distance, bring able to hit a hole and pass the ball consistently from left to right to his outside man.

Agree… I love Guac as a player but the contract is a ridiculous play for a 2nd rower imo
Taumalolo and Fifita have shown it is a poor formula…

I am still one of the few hopeful that the shoe may come good at some stage and push burbo back to the bench....

In the interim, maybe Lawton or waddell should be trialled as starters with burbo off the bench? Maybe even brown but I'm not sure if he is playing prop/ lock when he comes on??

Similar situation with FiFi.on the GC, the guy is now so injury prone and can never put 2 good games together.

Fair enough. He scored that nice try against the Chooks last year running a good line. He scored some nice tries in the trials running off Brooks. The guy pretty much carved up in juniors from line running. You don’t suddenly lose it. 30 games into his career. Those angled runs don’t always need to lead to tries, they just need to trouble the defence for a quick play the ball. Ask questions. Ball goes out the back the next time, etc.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8