Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think if one takes a longer-term perspective then Ben T should stay in the starting 13 for now.

If one takes a shorter-term view, then based on the last two weeks Corey Waddell should probably be ahead of him!

But I would be sticking with Ben t at least for another couple of weeks.

Fair enough. He scored that nice try against the Chooks last year running a good line. He scored some nice tries in the trials running off Brooks. The guy pretty much carved up in juniors from line running. You don’t suddenly lose it. 30 games into his career. Those angled runs don’t always need to lead to tries, they just need to trouble the defence for a quick play the ball. Ask questions. Ball goes out the back the next time, etc.
Yeah, I think that part of Burbo looking ordinary that game was to do with the wrong selection being made from those dishing it off (usually by Brooks). There were quite a few times when he was handed the ball while the defence was already set and waiting for him. It may well have been a case of Flanno knowing and reading Seib’s mind/plays. Koula also suffered the same outcome on the other side.

I honestly fear the worst if the Manly camp gets reactive and decides to start against Penrith with someone like Bully or Waddell in the second row - both of whom I quite like but neither of whom I think are proper second rowers, I think Penrith destroys that edge.

I anticipate we will put pretty much the same team on field as last week and call upon them to do better.

Which I expect they will, and we are in front of a full Manly house, and the Riffies have no Cleary....we can dare to dream.

Yeah, I think that part of Burbo looking ordinary that game was to do with the wrong selection being made from those dishing it off (usually by Brooks). There were quite a few times when he was handed the ball while the defence was already set and waiting for him. It may well have been a case of Flanno knowing and reading Seib’s mind/plays. Koula also suffered the same outcome on the other side.

That is one thing that Schu provides. Variety and X factor in attack. He put Ben T thru plenty of gaps in their junior days.
Hopefully when he is match fit, Spoonbold actually uses him correctly.

Burbo is very ordinary, a few seasons and does not bring anything , no mongel, no hard hits, not running the lines, his defence is ok. overall average.

You need to ask yourself the question who is coaching and picking the team? Why won’t he drop Ben T? Is he ****e scared of the of Jake and Tom?

You need to ask yourself the question who is coaching and picking the team? Why won’t he drop Ben T? Is he ****e scared of the of Jake and Tom?
If Burbo gets bullied by the opposition forwards again, the same way as the Saints fwds did then not even his brothers can save him. But then again he may get a pass on this, since it's the Riff.

I can sort of understand why people feel that Burbo isn't anything special and they question his place in the top grade, but I still think he can mature into a good player.
I just get the impression he's still the kid brother and he isn't quite yet his own man. Whether that means he needs more time coming off the bench, I don't know, but I'm certainly not prepared to write him off just yet.

I have no doubt Burbo will be elite in a few years. Until then, it is only natural to see inconsistency. Despite COVID, injuries, etc at crucial stage of development, there is good progress here.

He has the attitude, size, and athleticism. Unlike a lot of kids these days, you can see that he wants it. Determination and passion go a long way. Just like his brothers, he's also very intelligent. Those writing him off are obviously those that get mesmerised by highlight reels, and have probably never actually played themselves. Obviously, anything can happen in the future, but how can one not see this guy's potential??

I have no doubt Burbo will be elite in a few years. Until then, it is only natural to see inconsistency. Despite COVID, injuries, etc at crucial stage of development, there is good progress here.

He has the attitude, size, and athleticism. Unlike a lot of kids these days, you can see that he wants it. Determination and passion go a long way. Just like his brothers, he's also very intelligent. Those writing him off are obviously those that get mesmerised by highlight reels, and have probably never actually played themselves. Obviously, anything can happen in the future, but how can one not see this guy's potential??

Still only a rookie plenty of upside.

Another major issue from Burbo is that he can never get to marker after making a tackle. He often remains laying on the ground during the play the ball leaving us vulnerable around the ruck. It would happen at least 3 or 4 times a game and it’s killing us.
Watching him he has done this ever since he’s been in the top grade. It’s like his not agile enough to get back onto his feet quickly to own the ruck.
It’s only a small detail but can have major impact on the side and I’m sick of seeing it.

Last edited:
It’s only a small detail but can have major impact on the side and I’m sick of seeing it.
Good on you feathered friend
I admire your high expectations , high standards Attitude
You are a High Quality Manly Man !

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8