Does Burbo cement a Top 17 spot in 2023 ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Further to what I was saying earlier about performance and how reactive we are…we also need to consider ‘cause and effect’. Often, a poor performance from an individual will be a byproduct of a team performance issue and not the other way around.

To say earlier in the week that Ben is not first grade standard, is overlooking the impact the entire team’s performance had on his ability to put together a strong game.

It’s also worth remembering that the same side that got smashed by the Dragons, beat Penrith. It’s a team sport and the team needs to turn up and play as a unified front for individuals to show their wares.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
So Brbo moved to centre to cover for Garrick.

How much do you reckon that Brbo models his game on the great Beaver?

Beaver regularly cameoed in the centres.

I’m sure Beaver is in his ear at training in some capacity.

Biggest disappointment for me with the Schu saga is that we won’t see anymore Brbo running off Schu which was as a lower grade go to play which we glimpsed a few times in FG.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Gee Burbo has really found form this year.

I thought he would need another year of development and match awareness to reach this potential.

The line he ran for his try was a little Beaver-ish. His defence is first grade quality and he never seems to fatigue too much.

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
Gee Burbo has really found form this year.

I thought he would need another year of development and match awareness to reach this potential.

The line he ran for his try was a little Beaver-ish. His defence is first grade quality and he never seems to fatigue too much.
Agree. The only time he tires is when he gets whacked on the melon.

I can’t see why people are down on this guy. He is worth 5 x his brother in law to be Waddell.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I gotta be 100% honest
Firstly agree big time with my mate manlyfan76, but I expect more....
Why ?
Because I reckon potentially with that 5-10% extra power which I think will come - can be an absolute weapon

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
People who bag the Trbo Bros don't acknowledge that all 3 are effort players. They put it all in until they can't which is clearly is earlier for Trbo.

Jakey has a different role and no one can question his work ethic but Brbo really shines by making the 1% effort plays consistantly when some of his team mates take the easy route. Its why he is here and his old mate the Schu is not.

Sad thing is that stuped VB hard earned index on Chn Nein is such a crock of marketing sh*t that Jakey and Brbo never feature. We can all see it clearly though.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
I think he's a slow burner... not a superstar but I've seen enough to suggest that with improvement and a bit more size he'll be very good. Still only 22 years old as well.

I'm a little concerned about his ability to pick up an injury though.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
I think he's a slow burner... not a superstar but I've seen enough to suggest that with improvement and a bit more size he'll be very good. Still only 22 years old as well.

I'm a little concerned about his ability to pick up an injury though.

Young players often seem susceptible to injury until they toughen up. A quick glance around the different teams will confirm that assessment. Some players like Menzies, DCE etc, seem to avoid these early problems. Others seem plagued by them for their first few first grade years. He looks a tough young player with a mix of the qualities of both of his brothers. He's got guts and determination. Wouldn't surprise in a year or two if he makes SOO. He seems to step up better each year.

Just diverging I can also see a lot of Lockyer in Turbo. Lockyer started off super fast as a full back, but as he matured, he developed into a fine ball player and settled perfectly into the 5/8 role. Turbo has similar qualities and I suspect he would make a good fist of 5/8, especially now Manly are developing young Hopoate and Koula to cover full back. DCE wont last for ever and Brooks may end up taking on that role when he retires. Just a thought.

Last edited:

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Young players often seem susceptible to injury until they toughen up. A quick glance around the different teams will confirm that assessment. Some players like Menzies, DCE etc, seem to avoid these early problems. Others seem plagued by them for their first few first grade years. He looks a tough young player with a mix of the qualities of both of his brothers. He's got guts and determination. Wouldn't surprise in a year or two if he makes SOO. He seems to step up better each year.

Just diverging I can also see a lot of Lockyer in Turbo. Lockyer started off super fast as a full back, but as he matured, he developed into a fine ball player and settled perfectly into the 5/8 role. Turbo has similar qualities and I suspect he would make a good fist of 5/8, especially now Manly are developing young Hopoate and Koula to cover full back. DCE wont last for ever and Brooks may end up taking on that role when he retires. Just a thought.
The turbo at 6 is something i would try. Big body, adept at getting between players. Not a flashy passer, often shovelling or tapping on, with pretty good affect

Rarely kicks, when he does its usually a wobbler grubber. Talk he was scouted for the swans, do they just scout all 7 foot 15 yo or is there a hefty bomb or 2 in him

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The turbo at 6 is something i would try. Big body, adept at getting between players. Not a flashy passer, often shovelling or tapping on, with pretty good affect

Rarely kicks, when he does its usually a wobbler grubber. Talk he was scouted for the swans, do they just scout all 7 foot 15 yo or is there a hefty bomb or 2 in him
Seen him a possible running 6 long ago and can't argue with the idea
I mean he is not a star returner of the footy and his defence back there is questionable in recent seasons
Still has many smarts as a footy player and I feel is a far better option than the centre call, although with Brooksy at 6 right now the centre spot is a fair call
I really like this idea though as the more Turbo has hands on the footy, the more threat against the opposition

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16