Double Header Next year in Sydney opportunity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know this is random but i think here is an opportunity for a double header in Sydney next year involving us

Round 13 ( June 3-6)
Souths vs Melbourne
Bulldogs vs Manly

The reasons
1.Both have ANZ Stadium as there home grounds

2.Both would have players playing 1st games against former teammates ( Inglis up against storm ( with this being the only game they play against the storm - Trent Hodkinson against us)

3. 3 Sydney teams involved could draw a decent crowd

Last time they had a double header out there involving us i like the idea
( 48-16 Manly vs tigers Round 24 Anz Stadium  23/8/2008  )

Anyway- the nrl would be to stupid to even consider something like this in Sydney ??

Good idea davo. The NRL need to put these sort of things in place to attract larger crowds. Nothing beats a 2 for 1 deal. These teams probably aren't the biggest pullers but a good crowd none the less. Do we also have a double header next year in Brisbane already booked? I went to one years back(maybe 2001/02) with Parra/Dogs/Tigers/Dragons. That was a big crowd.

eagleE link said:
Good idea davo. The NRL need to put these sort of things in place to attract larger crowds. Nothing beats a 2 for 1 deal. These teams probably aren't the biggest pullers but a good crowd none the less. Do we also have a double header next year in Brisbane already booked? I went to one years back(maybe 2001/02) with Parra/Dogs/Tigers/Dragons. That was a big crowd.

I think that double header was the biggest crowd in Australian Rugby League history. Another thing if they have a double header in Sydney I think that would be 2 weeks in a row that Manly play in a double header(provided the Brisbane game goes ahead)

Not a bad idea. The last double header I went to was Manly VS the Tigers (an awesome game) followed by Bulldogs VS Parra at ANZ as well. THe only bad thing about that game was I ended up getting Bulldog membership brochures! Still loved seeing our boys smash the tigers. How many home stadiums do they have anyway?

I was at the double header in 2008. I can even remember back to Terrry Hill being the first scorer on the Olympic Stadium field in game 1 of the first double header in 1999. Another one would be awesome and would get 50K people.

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185944.msg305960#msg305960 date=1289731698]
Do you remember the 1st player in the NRL to score a field goal?
No, he had cataracts by then.
[/quote]

I meant golden point extra time,retard post is retarded lol

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8