• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
So I just opened a random thread in the football forum and six of the last seven posts in that thread are by the same person, all within a 1-hour window. This is just one example and isn't really news to any semi-regular forum poster.

I don't want to pick on anyone here but double posting is usually considered against internet forum etiquette. So, as a suggestion, is there any forum setting to prevent all users from posting consecutive messages in the same thread within a certain time period?

I understand mods don't want to otherwise spend their spare time deleting posts and repeatedly reminding people to not spam or double post. But it's getting quite annoying in terms of the overall Silvertails experience.

Just my $0.02

Maybe I was having a bad day. But my question has nothing to do with specific forum members, I was just wondering if there was a forum setting that possibly existed to help prevent/limit double posting.

I would never expect mods to go around checking every thread and pulling up every minor indiscretion

So I just opened a random thread in the football forum and six of the last seven posts in that thread are by the same person, all within a 1-hour window. This is just one example and isn't really news to any semi-regular forum poster.

I don't want to pick on anyone here but double posting is usually considered against internet forum etiquette. So, as a suggestion, is there any forum setting to prevent all users from posting consecutive messages in the same thread within a certain time period?

I understand mods don't want to otherwise spend their spare time deleting posts and repeatedly reminding people to not spam or double post. But it's getting quite annoying in terms of the overall Silvertails experience.

Just my $0.02
I understand what you are saying about double posting feathered friend but what do you do if you think about something else after you post ?

I understand what you are saying about double posting feathered friend but what do you do if you think about something else after you post ?
One possibility is to edit the previous post and add the new information.

To inform others about the editing, you can include the word 'Edit' is you wish. I sometimes do this.

To inform others about the editing, you can include the word 'Edit' is you wish. I sometimes do this.

I use the edit button more than I'd like to admit.

Usually after reading my pre-coffee morning posts. The spelling resembles a cat randomly walking across the keyboard.

So yes... click on edit... edit away...click save.

I also agree that it's up to all of us to try and make the forum an enjoyable space which is why, I guess, forum etiquette has developed. Random example: No excessive typing in all caps.

This is the way...!

(post not edited).

Thanks feathered friend . I will go back and edit the post . Easily done

The posts will become longer and more potent :)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2