Downtime

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Sorry everyone, the server DNS binding and service crapped itself and would not restart. Leading to the site being down. It looks like there are still some resulting issues but should be up for most people now.

If you still hear of people having issues, please let me know ASAP.

Cheers
Dan

I thought it was because of this guy
http://www.cowboysstampede.com.au/showthread.php?10811-Other-NRL-club-forums&p=149777&viewfull=1#post149777

haha :D

If this site is down, you can always look at the kennel. They have most of our threads up there anyway. One of their posters has a full time job c/p ing our threads.

Still down for some people. Am looking into it now. I can get it working on ADSL but not on Telstra 3g

urrgh going to be a long day

Hey you get the big bucks, sometimes ya gotta ...

I dunno, I couldn't type the rest with a straight face.

I mean obv you may get the big bucks in hervey bay with your actual job

i just meant in terms of running this site , the so called previously mentioned buck may not be as so much forthcoming as they are.....

Am I over explaining this?

Daniel said:
Still down for some people. Am looking into it now. I can get it working on ADSL but not on Telstra 3g

urrgh going to be a long day

I am on Telstra 3G Dan & it's working fine for me :)

globaleagle said:
If this site is down, you can always look at the kennel. They have most of our threads up there anyway. One of their posters has a full time job c/p ing our threads.

The comments posted by registered Forum Users are intended solely for this Forum audience and we retain copywright over our posts.

That has been my understanding at least.

Not clear as to why other Team's Fans are interested in our viewpoint:huh:

HappilyManly said:
globaleagle said:

The comments posted by registered Forum Users are intended solely for this Forum audience and we retain copywright over our posts.

That has been my understanding at least.

Not clear as to why other Team's Fans are interested in our viewpoint:huh:

Everyone is interested in our viewpoints, HM, as we're Manly fans :)!

Jealousy's a curse. :cool::cool::D:D

Masked Eagle said:
I thought this thread was going to be about what are we going to do in the offseason!

If I cant get this fixed in the next few hours I know my offseason will involve a server rebuild

I was having the same problem SER8, but realised my monitor was switched off. Have you checked that ??

urrghh as suspected looks by and large to be an issue with DNS propagation on the telstra side. It appears they have not updated all of their cache records yet and this is why some people are having issues and others aren't unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it for now. Though I might ping telstra and see if I can prompt them to do something

Daniel said:
urrghh as suspected looks by and large to be an issue with DNS propagation on the telstra side. It appears they have not updated all of their cache records yet
Exactly as I suspected. The scoundrels.

urghh got it working on my phone now. Had to put it in flight mode then off in order to clear caches

yeah its very very odd though. And using what's my DNS everywhere in the world is fine apart from the Australian DNS servers for optus and telstra.

they may only do once or twice a day updates so it should hopefully fix fully soon.

we are down by about 50 users at current access numbers.

If you have friends having the issue, I have found the following fix will force a DNS change to an extent

A fix for anyone still having issues access Silvertails.net

Code:
For smart phones:
1) put your phone into Airplane or flight mode
2) take it off flight mode
3) Open your browser and go to the site

For windows computers:
1) go to start >> Run
2) type in cmd and hit enter
3) type in ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter
(other OS's look at http://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html)

This will clear your DNS cache and should reset it to the correct one and get you back up and running

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8