Dragons cleanout

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
With the names being mentioned there might be some good shopping to be had. Will also be interesting to see what happens with Merrin there. I know a club looking for a gun back rower that will have some cash in 2015...

Merrin we should be keeping an eye on, would be a fantastic signing for 2016, if we had the cash

I also agree Stockwell could be a solid pickup at the right price

the mauler said:
If they can't cut it at the Dragqueens they ain't going to cut it at Manly.
No thanx.

Brent Kite , Michael O'Connor :D

But in seriousness, the same was said about Lawrence, Starling, Horo, Symonds, Lui etc. The amount of 'fringe' and unwanted players that come to Manly and thrive is remarkable IMO.

Merrin yes....thats about it, would rather quality youngsters from other clubs like that Warriors monster Roosters just picked up for a pie & a gatorade....Manly turn the so called hacks into quality 1st graders so can only wonder how a young gun will go...on that, Chee Kam is simply 8kg from being just that.

the mauler said:
No thanx.

Disagree. How many players come to manly and have stepped up to the next level.

I think stockwell would be a good buy, got lots of potential.

I didn't hear of a dragons clean out. Shouldn't the media have reported this as some board imploding, player dissatisfaction catastrophe?

Stockwell is definitely a good target! 192cm & 105kg, great size for a prop, and from what I've seen of him, he moves well for a bigger bloke.

Eagles2nv said:
the mauler said:
No thanx.

Disagree. How many players come to manly and have stepped up to the next level.

I think stockwell would be a good buy, got lots of potential.

I'm talking about the current players they have been named in the clean out wouldn't cut it.
O'Connor and Kite were marquee purchases not unwanted players.
Stockwell doesn't have the size to be a dominant prop. We've got plenty of props in the Stockwell mould already at the club.

Peter C said:
No way they'll be letting Trent Merrin go, Stockwell on the other hand would be good.
no way he will leave,it would mean the end of his his relationship with surfer girl Sally Fitzgibbon,she is a die hard Dragons girl:(

master blaster said:
Peter C said:
No way they'll be letting Trent Merrin go, Stockwell on the other hand would be good.
no way he will leave,it would mean the end of his his relationship with surfer girl Sally Fitzgibbon,she is a die hard Dragons girl:(

Leaving may not be up to him though.

Although if it meant hanging onto Sally, he may retire from footy!

master blaster said:
Peter C said:

We've got better beaches than them, so she may well be swayed. The surf at Rockdale or Brighton rarely gets above 1 inch.

If Matai is still insisting on a release, sign Brett Morris who fox are saying is on the block. If Foran goes to The Eels, grab Corey Norman. Great kid. If Watmough leaves, play a junior, and use his money to sign a marquee prop:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brett Morris
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Corey Norman
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Marqee Prop
11. Justin Horo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Josh Starling
16. Jesse Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui

Very competitve as well. I mean, I hope all our boys stay, all im saying is we'd have options

Watmough isn't going anywhere. Noone else will pay him $1m next season and we all know how greedy that boy is.

Ryan said:
If Matai is still insisting on a release, sign Brett Morris who fox are saying is on the block. If Foran goes to The Eels, grab Corey Norman. Great kid. If Watmough leaves, play a junior, and use his money to sign a marquee prop:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brett Morris
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Corey Norman
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Marqee Prop
11. Justin Horo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Josh Starling
16. Jesse Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui

Very competitve as well. I mean, I hope all our boys stay, all im saying is we'd have options

Have you really travelled that far in your estimations. It wont all be doom and gloom. We may well end up with everyone staying.

Jack Stockwell would be great, and probably at a good price considering our cap position. Merrin is overrated, and even some Dragons fans don't really take him because he forces a lot of offloads that aren't on. He would also cost a bomb, because of so many clubs with less cap pressure than ours willing to pay top dollar for him. Fingers crossed Dan Hunt doesn't make his way up from Wollongong; absolute sissy.

conanu said:
Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brett Morris
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Peta Hiku
06. Corey Norman
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Brenton Lawrence
09. Matt Ballin
10. Marqee Prop
11. Justin Horo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Josh Starling
16. Jesse Sene-Lefao
17. Dunamis Lui

Have you really travelled that far in your estimations. It wont all be doom and gloom. We may well end up with everyone staying.

Brett Morris is not a centre's arsehole; great winger, but not a centre. Why would we buy Corey Norman?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8