Pre-Game Dragons v Manly [Round 22, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

18 24
WIN Stadium
29 Jul 2023 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @The Wheel
When We talk about our Legendary clubs Greatness
We talk about the Great players that lived up to its Benchmark of of premiership winning success

Our Great Premiership Winners set the Great Premierships winning Standard's that made our club great
They are the Great Manly role models that we must all aspire to be like

Lower our Legendary clubs great standards and We stand for nothing Great

1690515501047.png

We seem to have more to play for than the dragoons. We stand a chance of making the 8. Would hate to see us loose this game.A winning streak is what we could do with now. I have to say I’m a little worried about most of our games after this one.
In reality we are playing for pride now.

Almost zero chance of finals

Winning against the Dragons should be academic given what we have to celebrate - if we can't beat the Dragons on Frogs 100 and DCE's 300 then we just don't have the mojo and deserve to miss the finals.

Its the next game against the Rooters I worry about. The Rooters were dusted by the Broncs, and last game with them at Brookie was tight - and Robbo did have a whinge about the Refs, i'm sure they won't want to disappoint both he and Nicky.

Nothing like keeping some hope alive for the NRL-preferred outcome of a Souths/Easts GF by giving them a token win against a team they are determined to keep in the backyard shed.

Every week is a GF for us, but that Rooters game has some added spice - we will be playing against a team of 14 on the field, so need to be decisive. 30-0 almost wasn't enough last week with the 'equaliser' effect in the 2nd-half.

And still Fitzgibbon bitched that he was hard done by. Go figure.

Play like we did in the 1st half against the Sharks is a great platform though to give us the best chance - hope that wasn't a one-off.

Winning against the Dragons should be academic given what we have to celebrate - if we can't beat the Dragons on Frogs 100 and DCE's 300 then we just don't have the mojo and deserve to miss the finals.

Its the next game against the Rooters I worry about. The Rooters were dusted by the Broncs, and last game with them at Brookie was tight - and Robbo did have a whinge about the Refs, i'm sure they won't want to disappoint both he and Nicky.

Nothing like keeping some hope alive for the NRL-preferred outcome of a Souths/Easts GF by giving them a token win against a team they are determined to keep in the backyard shed.

Every week is a GF for us, but that Rooters game has some added spice - we will be playing against a team of 14 on the field, so need to be decisive. 30-0 almost wasn't enough last week with the 'equaliser' effect in the 2nd-half.

And still Fitzgibbon bitched that he was hard done by. Go figure.

Play like we did in the 1st half against the Sharks is a great platform though to give us the best chance - hope that wasn't a one-off.
Agree mate......I'm liking the look of Lodge after last weeks effort. If he goes well again against the Dragons I think he'll be primed for a big one against the Roosters. Yes having Paseka & Aloiai out hurts but we have the artillery to match them in the forwards & our backs can do the rest. I think the Roosters are over-rated & I'm sick to death of hearing how good their roster is. The Roosters lost, the Eels lost, the Knights lose hopefully & we keep winning......which we are capable of! We can make the finals & shut a few mouths!

The boys may not be winning the premiership this year but here is a once in a lifetime chance for them to do something that even our great premiership winning teams have not been able to do in the last 20 years. That is to beat St George at Wollongong. Yes it's pride and a massive occasion to send out Cherry and Froggy as deserved winners. But it's also about good old fashion pay-back time to these red white bastards!!! SHOW NO MERCY. That should be Seibolds final message to the boys before running out.

Don't mention the pride.
After last year's debacle it is really important for Manly to finish this season strongly, regardless of the ladder and finals. It will be crucial for the players' belief in whatever it is Seibold is doing and to set us up for a serious tilt next year. Certainly a fade-out like last year would be a bitter pill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10