Dylan Napa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Liambrus

Keep seeing his name rumoured to be going to the Slimes and the Knights.

Would certainly bolster our forward stocks and since I have lost faith in signing a 5/8 (#teamhastings), could do much worse than Napa.

He wont leave roosters and especially not for us. Our top priority should be getting a 6. But I dont see any signings being made right now with close to half a million of our cap gone and the club still being over the cap.

I can't see us signing anyone that would cost more than $300,000 as the NRL wouldn't register them anyway.

If we are to be penalised $400,000 for next year, it would leave around $400,000 to spend.

The only one around that price would be Hodkinson but given we've been talking to him for 2 weeks, i'd say the deal won't be happening. You'd think it would've been done by now if both sides were keen.

Looks like we'll be using this squad until at least early next year when our penalty becomes clearer.

We won't be signing anyone. The NRL (Greensnot) has put an end to that with his concocted salary cap scandal.

I can't understand why they are allowed to apply different standards to different clubs and yet the media hardly calls them into question.

Gift's contract can't be registered yet they have no problem with Hayne's value being cut by 60% because he's going to one of their preferred clubs.

Botox boy's payout is due to a new injury (evidently) so his payout does not form part of the Squeels cap payments. Fast forward 12 months and Manly's application to have Snake's and Matai's payments excluded is met with a resounding NO.

The Donkeys and Rooters organise TPA after TPA yet the NRL pretends they are "at arm's length". And they're not the only ones (see Maloney).

So let's just move on. We have everyone we need. Let's stick it to those smug pr!cks.

Napa is good for the occasional big hit and monster run (similar to JWH).
Napa is good for at least a penalty or 2 as well (similar to JWH).
And finally, Napa also goes missing, again similar to JWH.

So I would pass at anything over 300K for him, and only use him from the bench.

But really the 300K is a money ball number and I wouldn't sign him at all.

The ABC should be looking into it ... they aren't on Turd Greenslime's gagged team

We aren't over the cap. We're currently under it...

The NRL is threatening a fine and the TPA issues from 2012-1016 to be added to 2018. But that number (rumoured to be approx $400k) still won't put us over the cap as we are currently $800k under.

So Harry is right on this one.
From the nrl

The club could also be required to adjust its salary cap for 2018 to recognise commitments made to players that are found to be in breach of the cap.

That states when found guilty we will be over the cap due to tpas we have made in advance, we are currently over the cap plus our cap will be lowered due to the 400k fine thing.

At best we will be just under the cap before 2018. We wont be making any signings.

No it doesn't state we will be over the cap. It states that we will have alleged indiscretions from 2012-2016 added to 2018.
Adding the cap issues (+$400k) to 2018 (-$800k)....

Still doesn't put us over the cap. Will leave us $400k under. The fine is completely separate, it could be $1m but that doesn't get added on.

Not sure why your not understanding the situation.

We may not make any signings but it won't be because we don't have the money, it'll be because of the delay in the clubs response to the NRL and who is available.
If everything that has been suggested happens, we will have $400k to spend after the NRL has applied it's penalties.

Correct. Tick. Sticky.

No it doesn't state we will be over the cap. It states that we will have alleged indiscretions from 2012-2016 added to 2018.
Adding the cap issues (+$400k) to 2018 (-$800k)....

Still doesn't put us over the cap. Will leave us $400k under. The fine is completely separate, it could be $1m but that doesn't get added on.

Not sure why your not understanding the situation.

We may not make any signings but it won't be because we don't have the money, it'll be because of the delay in the clubs response to the NRL and who is available.
If everything that has been suggested happens, we will have $400k to spend after the NRL has applied it's penalties.
Not sure you understand. The notice states that we have to change some current contracts due to TPAs within those current contracts. For example if we have hastings on 350k but most is being paid by illegal tpas say 250k of it we will have to remove that agreement and pay him out full through the cap. Thats why we have been stated time and time in the media again we need to release players. If we dont and those tpas are all canceled we will be over the cap.

Think you'll find that's talking about past commitments - years 2012-2016.
Not current ones. Unless you can show me where it details we are under investigation for 2018?

Those commitments (which some are alleged to have been verbal) MAY be required to be included in the cap for 2018. This totals approx $400k.

Anyhow, you claimed that we are over the cap and we aren't ... and that article from the NRL doesn't say we are.

We know (from Baz) that the club had $800k. We know the media is throwing around the $400k number which has been leaked from the NRL... This was all backed up by what Bulldog Richie said on NRL360. We would have approx $400k left to use in the market.

Anyway. I'm bored with this now.
The club could also be required to adjust its salary cap for 2018 to recognise commitments made to players that are found to be in breach of the cap.

Yes. For commitments made between 2012-2016...
And show me where it says we are over the cap? Oh.... You can't.
giphy.gif
According to fox we are over the cap as it currently stands due to current contracts in place, if we dont make changes to players contracts we will for certain be over the cap

According to fox we are over the cap as it currently stands due to current contracts in place, if we dont make changes to players contracts we will for certain be over the cap
There's a lot being said but we are still actively seeking other players.

There's a player that we almost signed but then walked away from, only to go back and have another crack and it may be happening again.

There's a lot being said but we are still actively seeking other players.

There's a player that we almost signed but then walked away from, only to go back and have another crack and it may be happening again.

Any more details mate? Forward, back?

Not sure you understand. The notice states that we have to change some current contracts due to TPAs within those current contracts. For example if we have hastings on 350k but most is being paid by illegal tpas say 250k of it we will have to remove that agreement and pay him out full through the cap. Thats why we have been stated time and time in the media again we need to release players. If we dont and those tpas are all canceled we will be over the cap.

it says adjust the cap - which is a penalty from previous years.

If it said adjust contracts to meet the cap you would be correct.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8