Dylan Walker possible NSW 6?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He won't be able to show his skill set, cause Moltzen will be at 6 showing what he can do when ligaments stay connected to bone.@:p

But won't be surprised to see "Walker best 5/8 in the history of the game" before a ball has been kicked! Lol

Nothing against Walker who has talent but far from proven at 5/8, this simply screams of desperation & a shortage of good halves for the NSW Blues......

I don't get the fawning over Walker as a number 6.....no doubt great potential but to my knowledge never has played an NRL game at 6 in his life (maybe in the 20's or coming through).

And to suggest he's an Origin candidate before he's even had one game as 6 is ludicrous to say the least.

I hope the kid goes well BUT as far as I'm concerned he's really a stop gap and destined for the centres when our current 3 or 4 retire.

He played the early rounds at 5/8 in 2014 when keary was out with a pec injury cause Madge wanted to move Sutton to the forwards but after a few losses on the trot they decided to move sutton back to 5/8 and switch Walker back to centre
A quote from fox sports back in 2014 :
Fox Sports commentator and former champion halfback Brett Kimmorley described the Rabbitohs as “sluggish, unfit and slow” after Sunday’s loss, and suggested it was time to move Sutton to No.6.

In fairness, it wasn’t the plan to start the year with Walker at five-eighth but the pectoral injury Luke Keary suffered at the Auckland Nines forced that late reshuffle.

While Sutton was one of Souths’ best against the Raiders and Walker has been solid at five-eighth, switching Sutton back to six would at least allow the lightning quick Walker to play in the centres and provide some much-needed spark.

But that was back in 2014 Walker has a lot more experience in 1st grade now so i would expect him to much better

• 📚
Reactions: Rex
He played the early rounds at 5/8 in 2014 when keary was out with a pec injury cause Madge wanted to move Sutton to the forwards but after a few losses on the trot they decided to move sutton back to 5/8 and switch Walker back to centre
A quote from fox sports back in 2014 :
Fox Sports commentator and former champion halfback Brett Kimmorley described the Rabbitohs as “sluggish, unfit and slow” after Sunday’s loss, and suggested it was time to move Sutton to No.6.

In fairness, it wasn’t the plan to start the year with Walker at five-eighth but the pectoral injury Luke Keary suffered at the Auckland Nines forced that late reshuffle.

While Sutton was one of Souths’ best against the Raiders and Walker has been solid at five-eighth, switching Sutton back to six would at least allow the lightning quick Walker to play in the centres and provide some much-needed spark.

But that was back in 2014 Walker has a lot more experience in 1st grade now so i would expect him to much better
I would take no notice of wafler Kimmorley. It reinforces how fortunate we are to get Walker and not a tool like Keary. The mouthing off he gave Jamie Lyon is fresh in my mind.

I would take no notice of wafler Kimmorley. It reinforces how fortunate we are to get Walker and not a tool like Keary. The mouthing off he gave Jamie Lyon is fresh in my mind.

Yes Definitely i was just replying to Marks post about not much experience in the 5/8 position in 1st grade he is a lot better player now and pairing with DCE should be a plus to his prospects at 5/8

I don't get the fawning over Walker as a number 6.....no doubt great potential but to my knowledge never has played an NRL game at 6 in his life (maybe in the 20's or coming through).

And to suggest he's an Origin candidate before he's even had one game as 6 is ludicrous to say the least.

I hope the kid goes well BUT as far as I'm concerned he's really a stop gap and destined for the centres when our current 3 or 4 retire.

I've got 1 memory of Walker in the 6. It was round 2 in 2014 and the Rabittohs forwards were all over ours. We held our own in defence and late in the game, Jamie Buhrer put on a beautiful step to sneak past an inexperienced Walker in the middle of the field and win us the game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6