Eddie Jones

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
With Eddie Jones now sacked as England rugby coach I would not be surprised to see him pop up at Manly.

Let me put 2 and 2 together (and probably get 5)…

1. Seibold was his assistant at England for around 18 months so has a relationship.

2. Jones has previously stated a desire to coach in the NRL

3. Manly was keen to add Laurie Daley to the staff but now he’s knocked back they could look at Jones.

What would everyone think IF this happened? I for one would be keen as I think he has a good tactical brain.

Disclaimer: I have no inside knowledge and may be living in La La Land but can see a link where this could eventuate.

Thoughts please?

He’s likely to chase a Rugby job for the WC next year before dipping his toe into anything in League.There were rumours last week,linking him to the USA job.He is a more arrogant and combative version of Des,needs to control everything.

Admittedly I do not follow rugby union - hate it with a passion. But I assumed Eddie Jones's England had been winning games, and that part of the club's attraction to Seibold was that he had been involved in that winning culture. Imagine my surprise then when I learned, courtesy of a SMH headline, that "Eddie Jones (was) sacked as England coach after (a) dire run". His team was booed off the pitch, and "won only five of their 12 games in 2022 after a second-successive Six Nations where they lost three of their five games." Yikes.

If anyone doubts the power of the media and how they can influence the narrative,watch how Seibold won’t get tied into Eddie Jones’ downfall,despite Seibold being an assistant the last two years.This is one of the “positives” Seibold brings to Manly,a few friends in the press

If you thought Des was an all controlling psychopath. Eddie is next level 😂
He has the best winning % out of any English coaches but they couldn't stand him till the next world cup. He must be bad.

Not gonna happen

If anyone doubts the power of the media and how they can influence the narrative,watch how Seibold won’t get tied into Eddie Jones’ downfall,despite Seibold being an assistant the last two years.This is one of the “positives” Seibold brings to Manly,a few friends in the press
Yeah, it's interesting to me that all the positive stories about Seibold mentioned, "Oh, he's working with Eddie Jones! Isn't that great?" And there was no follow-up, including the obvious question, "How did that work out?"

Yeah, it's interesting to me that all the positive stories about Seibold mentioned, "Oh, he's working with Eddie Jones! Isn't that great?" And there was no follow-up, including the obvious question, "How did that work out?"
The story a couple of weeks ago about how Manly had assembled one of the best coaching teams in the comp,highlights the “benefits”

Yeah look I don't see coaching transition from International rugby to Nrl. Not being insular but the Nrl is easily the best of either rugby code domestic league and the changes every off season in tactics,rosters and coaching make it hard for even the most battle hardened coaches.
Yes chieka worked at cedars but to start with Jones pay packet is absurd. I suggest possibly back to wallabies as they been a train wreck for over 10 seasons.
As suggested Owen Farrell only thing I would like but rumours are about he returning to his junior Rugby League club Wigan post world cup.
Jones is yes a control freak so it would be Desmond again. Maybe in consultancy but I do see alot of league fellas coaching in Rah rah Shaun Edwards, Andy farrell and John muggleton as defence but I don't see coaching going the other way.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6