• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Seems to be tearing it up in the Super League. Another one that got away.

Why is that we seem to either sign has-beens or busted fringe first graders, we only seem to on occasion blood newbies.

He would be better than any of the hookers we have at the moment.

Last edited:
rabble-mob.gif

I don't get the Croker hate. He is basically a Ballin clone, crisp passing, high defensive work rate, rarely runs form dummy half. Ballin played exactly the same way yet he is considered a legend and Croker cops it. That is the style of hooker Des likes, he even tried to get Liccha to play that way at the Dogs. I assume the lack of success in the current era as opposed to Ballin's era could be the reason and people want a scape goat.

The ironic thing with Des preferring that style of hooker is when he played hooker himself he had a very effective running game.

I don't get the Croker hate. He is basically a Ballin clone, crisp passing, high defensive work rate, rarely runs form dummy half. Ballin played exactly the same way yet he is considered a legend and Croker cops it. That is the style of hooker Des likes, he even tried to get Liccha to play that way at the Dogs. I assume the lack of success in the current era as opposed to Ballin's era could be the reason and people want a scape goat.

The ironic thing with Des preferring that style of hooker is when he played hooker himself he had a very effective running game.

I agree with most of what you said but you lost me on crisp passing for Lachie. It is improving but nowhere near the quality of Matty.

I guess we all see different things, mosto. But while I agree that Croker is excellent defensively and his effort can never be questioned, I would never describe his passing game as "crisp". Hard to know if it's because he's been coached to play the way he does at dummy half, or if it's a deficiency in his game, but he generally just lobs the ball up for a one-out runner left or right of the ruck, where they are whacked by waiting defenders. He rarely engages the markers or shifts the ball wider than the first runner. I remember Ballin being better than that with the ball in hand.

Ignoring that Ballin's service and passing game was way better than Croker's has ever been, it's a different game now with the increase in speed and the six agains. Look around the league and you won't see many teams with hookers that do nothing but pass and make tackles, if they do they also usually have another hooker on the bench to offer something different. I know we can't all have a Grant, Cook or Api (well maybe for a few years) but these days you can't get away with an important member of your spine offering so little in attack, I've seen Croker have some cracking games over the last few years but I can really only count them on one hand

Croker can tackle and Croker is tough now please don't take this personally feathered fiend.

Have you ever watched a nature documentary? I'm sure you have.

One of the cheapest and most engaging animals to film and as a by-product many zoos and animal parks now stock this small and easy to house African mammal resembles our Lachlan and his dummy half service uncannily.

Can you guess what I'm referring too?

Anyone?

It's Lachlan's spirit animal. Tenacious, ferocious loyal to the team and so perfectly sums up the way he passes from dummy half in it's manner (there's another hint) of keeping guard over the clan's domicile.

Also used as a mascot for an insurance company.

Any takers?

Croker can tackle and Croker is tough now please don't take this personally feathered fiend.

Have you ever watched a nature documentary? I'm sure you have.

One of the cheapest and most engaging animals to film and as a by-product many zoos and animal parks now stock this small and easy to house African mammal resembles our Lachlan and his dummy half service uncannily.

Can you guess what I'm referring too?

Anyone?

It's Lachlan's spirit animal. Tenacious, ferocious loyal to the team and so perfectly sums up the way he passes from dummy half in it's manner (there's another hint) of keeping guard over the clan's domicile.

Also used as a mascot for an insurance company.

Any takers?
A hippo?

His passing lets him down

I think Crokers game would be better if our forwards in the middle were more often dominate. The forward momentum and subsequent fast play ball affords more of an opportunity to develop a better running game. The top tier dummy half’s are better supported in the middle than Croker and when our middles actually do well Croker does as well!

I think Crokers game would be better if our forwards in the middle were more often dominate. The forward momentum and subsequent fast play ball affords more of an opportunity to develop a better running game. The top tier dummy half’s are better supported in the middle than Croker and when our middles actually do well Croker does as well!
Chicken egg my friend

Matt Ballin clone? lol....Croker had a more talented spine around him and Ballin can pass the ball.
You do Ballin great disservice, since Ballin was imo one of the main reasons why we won those grand finals.

Matt Ballin clone? lol....Croker had a more talented spine around him and Ballin can pass the ball.
You do Ballin great disservice, since Ballin was imo one of the main reasons why we won those grand finals.
At no point did I say he was better. Clone means he plays the same style. I’ll admit Icomparing their passing games does Ballin a disservice, but my point was Croker isn’t too different to Ballin, yet one is a whipping boy and the other (rightfully so) a legend. He has a weaker passing game, similar defensive game, similar run game and better kicking game.

You say Croker has had a better spine to play with?I’d suggest he’s played as much with Garrick/Koula as fb as he has Turbo. Are they better than Snake? Is Schuster better than prime Foz or Lyon? Is Prime Ox / young DCE better current DCE? (I’ll give you a points decision on the last one).

Maybe your the one doing some of our legends a disservice.

At no point did I say he was better. Clone means he plays the same style. I’ll admit Icomparing their passing games does Ballin a disservice, but my point was Croker isn’t too different to Ballin, yet one is a whipping boy and the other (rightfully so) a legend. He has a weaker passing game, similar defensive game, similar run game and better kicking game.

You say Croker has had a better spine to play with?I’d suggest he’s played as much with Garrick/Koula as fb as he has Turbo. Are they better than Snake? Is Schuster better than prime Foz or Lyon? Is Prime Ox / young DCE better current DCE? (I’ll give you a points decision on the last one).

Maybe your the one doing some of our legends a disservice.
Turbo is better than Snake
Current DCE > Young DCE
Prime Foz > over 30 Foz

I think thats a pretty fair assessment, considering the current spine commands the bulk of the salary cap.

Shu has only come on in the last year or so. Considering Jamie Lyon's natural position is centre you would say that he's had to make more adjustments compared to Schu who is a natural 6.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11