Eels v Broncs match day chat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was surprised at the bunker tonight. It seemed to work well.

Once Norman went off, the Speels (who had very little anyway) attack became non-existent and it shows just how much they are going to rely on Foran. Norman better than DCE? What has Foz been smoking out there??

Brisbane played the 2nd half like the GF, they basically shut up shop. Boring to watch and they were lucky they weren't playing a better side.

I'm got sick of hearing the commentators droning on and on about how Brisbane are this years favourites.

Ray Warren showing why its a good thing that he's retiring after this year. That Jennings no-try was the clearest double movement you'll ever see. I wonder if Rabbits calling it a try is his Speels loving self coming out?

Is it me or is the start of the season being a Thursday night a bit of a let down?

Gotta love those Speels fans. During his post-match interview Thaiday mentioned that one of their fans snapped his flag in half and threw it down in disgust lol

I was surprised at the bunker tonight. It seemed to work well.

Once Norman went off, the Speels (who had very little anyway) attack became non-existent and it shows just how much they are going to rely on Foran. Norman better than DCE? What has Foz been smoking out there??

Brisbane played the 2nd half like the GF, they basically shut up shop. Boring to watch and they were lucky they weren't playing a better side.

I'm got sick of hearing the commentators droning on and on about how Brisbane are this years favourites.

Ray Warren showing why its a good thing that he's retiring after this year. That Jennings no-try was the clearest double movement you'll ever see. I wonder if Rabbits calling it a try is his Speels loving self coming out?

Is it me or is the start of the season being a Thursday night a bit of a let down?

Gotta love those Speels fans. During his post-match interview Thaiday mentioned that one of their fans snapped his flag in half and threw it down in disgust lol

Thank god I have Foxtel, I'm so over the Nein " love fest"

Andy & Kevin

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 8
I noticed Ray Warren kept asking Joey if Brisbane were his benchmark...considering they were the only other team besides Parramatta to have played so far, I wonder how this question could possibly be answered?!

The NRL.com player ranking system is utter crap. How on earth did Gutho get an 8.0???? What, did they add 4 points because of his try?

I'm not trying to bag the bloke (unlike Watmough and Foran, he was pushed rather than wanted out of Manly and even then he hasn't bagged us to the hilt in the media).....but other than his try he didn't have a great game. I mean, for someone who is supposed to be a fullback, that attempt to take a bomb where he failed to get near the ball was a shocker.

Totally underwhelmed with the way Brisbane played. Does Bennett still think he is with st george..

Thought they would have been more expansive.

A win is a win though and early days. So much room for improvement

I will take a win like that but hope we show a bit more ball movement

If I was a Donkeys fan (and thankfully I'm not), I'd be a bit worried about the teams increasing habit of playing the second half of games like they are just trying to protect the lead (that's if they're leading at half time). Seriously, they could have stuck the boot into the Speels on the scoreboard last night, and they didn't.

Brisbane are supposed to be the premiership favourites and Parra-doesn't-matta are tipped to be big improvers, though god only knows why. I still maintain they have a crap pack and nothing I saw last night changed my mind. Last night the Donkeys had a big chance to make an early statement and they didn't do that. I still think they're lucky that they didn't play a better team like us or the Cowboys.

Last edited:
its a crying shame hunt didn't choke and drop the kickoff,i hate the donkeys and all there 3 eyed fans.oates looked the goods though

its a crying shame hunt didn't choke and drop the kickoff,i hate the donkeys and all there 3 eyed fans.oates looked the goods though

As soon as the kickoff headed his way...catch or drop I knew rabs would refer to last years grand final.

Did Arthur put anyone on that wing after Gutho moved?
If I was a Donkeys fan (and thankfully I'm not), I'd be a bit worried about the teams increasing habit of playing the second half of games like they are just trying to protect the lead (that's if they're leading at half time). Seriously, they could have stuck the boot into the Speels on the scoreboard last night, and they didn't.

Brisbane are supposed to be the premiership favourites and Parra-doesn't-matta are tipped to be big improvers, though god only knows why. I still maintain they have a crap pack and nothing I saw last night changed my mind. Last night the Donkeys had a big chance to make an early statement and they didn't do that. I still think they're lucky that they didn't play a better team like us or the Cowboys.
Maybe Bennett is embracing catenaccio

Hunt didn't need to drop a kick off to have a crap game.. How unhappy did he look when interviewed.

I watched the game with great amusement. For 30 years now they have started the season with energy and enthusiasm, which has overcome temporarily their lack of ability and mental weakness. Last seasons round 1 is a classic example.

All I saw was a bunch of blokes out there with energy and enthusiasm. They had no discernible game plan in either attack or defence. Brisbane on the other hand clearly had a plan to attack Gutho's side and it worked. They also played a compressed defensive line to try and force Parra to go around them and they dutifully obliged to disastrous effect. The simple fact is that Parra has very little ability, but more problematic, they have a coach who has no clue.

The fact that when the Broncs spread it wide they got outside Parra so easily, that is a biiigggggg problem. And the Broncos were pretty sloppy with it too. Like passes going to ground, etc, but they still got outside. Reminded me of us last year when we had stop gap wingers defending and they wouldn't slide...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4