Post-Game Discussion Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Eels
Vs
Sea Eagles
6 Bankwest Stadium
23 May 2021 16:05
81st minute

Match Stats

He’s also on the wrong end of the hair clippers.

I understand one of the reasons the Squeels snapped him up was to improve their HQ (Handsome Quotient) - let’s be frank, never a strong part of a team representing a Zoob Zone (aka non-coastal/non-surfing district) like Faecalmatta.

So Clitho, get down to the barbershop and get a nice flattop, something that suits you.

Not that greasy, lank, non-masculine Lalor Park-like tonsorial look you’re running with.

Thanks @Terry Zarsoff, I now know what tonsorial means. I had to look it up but you have now broadened my vocabulary.

great game. due to the pace and enjoyment level the first half just flew by. very origin like.
Holding on in the second half felt like an eternity. the only thing that kept me on the couch was a singular butt hair that seems as resilient as manlys defence. Barry butt hair is now my good luck butt charm and wont be plucked until we win the GF this year. win lose or draw he goes then for my summer body look. its just not the place for a rats tail

But until the last 6 or so minutes i just never felt comfy with the impending result

parra were quite good competing virtually for the whole 80

all the moses hate seems strange. he had a few bad moments but was still trying hard, but it was bozos day. the footy gods have spoken

Last edited:
First game I went to for 2 years, lured by a Parra-supporting mate. Took my 76-yo Dad, who hasn't been to a live game since 2017 I think, a game where Saints thrashed us at Brookie. Dad was almost done after that (Barrett era where our Def was just rice-paper)

What an event this was! That stadium is super-well designed and an impressive layout. It is very well catered, so you don't have to wait long for Food/Drink/Bathroom at any stage. This was great with my elderly dad - who is still mobile but the drinks kinda go right through him now ;)

We both only found out about the passing of Bozo when it was announced at the ground, and the respect shown to him by all present was admirable - kudos to Parra fans. (Same can't be said for that twat pressing the half-time buzzer to put Garrick off his near-perfect kicking game...just a dick move, hope whoever it is loses their privileges)

As for the game, my Dad couldn't be happier with the boys. We were in Row-5 behind the goalposts so were right up close (One of Garrick's conversions was caught by a young lad 2-rows directly in front of us!), and we had a great view of the defensive efforts that so impressed Dad.

The theatrics of the Parra team were quite self-evident being at the ground, hands in the air almost every tackle begging for something, and I have to hand it to the Ref. Despite seemingly being one-eyed in the first 10-15mins (where Parra already had 7 sets to 3, and 2 set restarts to 0), he took control of the adjudicating back from Gutho and did a fine job thereafter. Jake's binning was questionable however.

The way Manly exploited the obvious weakness of the Waqa Blake/Fergo side was ruthless. That was some well researched tactics. On the other hand, Parra simply tried their up-the-middle barge expecting it to eventually work, as it has against lesser teams all year. It never did, as our forwards comprehensively outplayed theirs.

Their halves became frustrated and looked bog-average, whereas young Schuster was simply outstanding - MotM for mine - and DCE wasn't as good as last week but was clearly more involved than the underwhelming Moses or the invisible Arthur in the blue/gold.

I thought that the Broncos game last week would have shown Parra how well Manly can counter a middle-dominance gameplan, but I guess they aren't as well coached as we are. When that didn't work for them over and over again, Parra simply didn't know what else to try. And, if anyone ever suggests we recruit Waqa Blake over someone like Brad Parker, you don't understand football.

And what more can be said of Turbo - seeing the guy live you can both watch him off the ball as well as how he injects himself into the play. He reads the game in a rare way and that isn't something you can teach. If he can do what Gutho did and return from serious injuries to then have 77 straight games, then we are going to be a contender for years to come.

Good times!

Favourite moment among so many highlights. Thanks twitter for the image.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 1.32.01 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 1.32.01 pm.png
    689.8 KB · Views: 34
Favourite moment among so many highlights. Thanks twitter for the image.
Quite possibly sums up why we are winning with him on the field.

I remember when people used to kind of see Turbo as a bit socially awkward, blamed his high IQ and ATAR score to nerd-box him, and in his interviews he seemed a bit twitchy...on the spectrum somewhere.

Imagine how frightening it must be to see that metamorphose into this beast, going for your throat like that...

I think I solved it!

Turbo doesn't lift his team-mates, he bloody well scares everyone into playing better...maybe?

Quite possibly sums up why we are winning with him on the field.

I remember when people used to kind of see Turbo as a bit socially awkward, blamed his high IQ and ATAR score to nerd-box him, and in his interviews he seemed a bit twitchy...on the spectrum somewhere.

Imagine how frightening it must be to see that metamorphose into this beast, going for your throat like that...

I think I solved it!

Turbo doesn't lift his team-mates, he bloody well scares everyone into playing better...maybe?

He may not be our captain but he is our leader

It will be hard to progress much further up the ladder as our for and against is still just about breaking even.

Mate the vermin are dropping like flies. Give it a month and we'll pass them and the rorters.
The Rorters especially have a pretty rough draw: They'll get a desperate Raiders outfit at the somewhat neutral Central coast venue (could be a danger game for them with Radley/Crichton likely being suspended), then they get the bye with us.

After that, they'll need their troops back:
Titans - away
Panthers - away
Storm - home

Their differential has the potential to take a massive beating against at least 2 of those teams, given the Broncs put 34 on them at home.

If they lose 3 of those 4 games and we hold firm on our own winnable draw, we'll be well past them, sneaking towards the 4, and they'll be replacing us - back scrapping with the mid-table teams for the lower-end of the 8.

Bunnies draw is a lot easier - they just had their tough run. They'll be hard to reel in with only the eels twice between now and rd 21 games I wouldn't pencil them in for as sure things.

5th is a distinct possibly, and we have an outside chance of 3rd-4th in the best case scenario - which is we basically don't lose a game to a team lower than us on the table - and given that hasn't happened yet this season its not as outrageous as it sounds!

It's funny, I don't understand the frustration with that 'usual poster'. I think he genuinely tries to be 'constructive'.

What truly gets me is another 'usual poster' who only posts to put scorn on the club and team. When we are losing, there they are. When we are winning....crickets. One of their last posts was at the begginning of the Broncos game where they said something like, "we are shot. Broncos will put 50 on us". They haven't been sighted since!

I don't mind pessimists, but come on. If you are going to put sht on everyone and everything when times are bad, acknowledge when things are good. Even grit your teeth when giving praise like the crew that don't think much of DCE, but don't ghost the site because you can't maintain your prejudiced narrative...

Rant over.

I only got to watch bits and pieces yesterday - will watch the full replay later in the week when I have time. But @madmax, I now know what you mean about how much the Worms whinge. I hadn't watched their games this year (for whatever reason), and couldn't believe the petulance!
Both Gutherson and Moses carried on whinging like pork chops all game, it's pathetic, I've seen under sevens behave with more dignity

He was very subdued about that. I expected him to care more that he dropped it. He just seemed to accept it without any emotion which is out of character for him. He usually carries on like a pork chop.
I personally thought after dropping the ball that he was looking around for a Manly player to blame, he's pathetic enough to try it

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10