Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 11, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

22 20
CommBank Stadium
20 May 2022 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pittwater Legend

We brought back Geoff Toovey!
It's been a few seasons since Gutho was injured.
He would have solved our 5/8th problems 7 years ago when Foran ****ed off. Thanks u idiot Barrett.

I read this week that Tooves had planned to play Gutherson at 5/8 before the club flipped on the extension they gave Gutherson and replaced Tooves. His plan must of been to bring Tom into fullback and at the time, Jake was playing at a level that was well beyond his years. Those 3 would have been a foundation for a fantastic rebuild

JenEagle

Bencher
I read this week that Tooves had planned to play Gutherson at 5/8 before the club flipped on the extension they gave Gutherson and replaced Tooves. His plan must of been to bring Tom into fullback and at the time, Jake was playing at a level that was well beyond his years. Those 3 would have been a foundation for a fantastic rebuild
Moving Tooves on for Barrett set us back 10 years.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
82FE6992-96F5-45B6-B046-F0F5A0F88D03.jpeg

Scommo to be a late inclusion on Friday night.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Bullemor's report card grade is an incomplete right now.

I get that he hasn't blown us away. But if that was the expectation, then the bar was too high to begin with.

He's a young guy that has moved away from his comfort zone, moving to Sydney. Reckon it might take a little while to feel comfortable when that happens.

He's as you say also been playing out of position. In the minutes he has played in the middle I thought he looked ok.

Lets give him some time.

When he's played in the front row, he's been good. Unfortunately for both Bull and us, necessity has seen him play more back row than front.

Hopefully when Shoe, Davey and Lawton are all on deck he can get a decent crack at just playing in the middle and we can then hopefully see what the club bought him for.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
I think body language is one of Tom’s weaknesses. When the ball went out from the kick off, he started sulking. It’s 10 seconds into the game. A quick “sorry boys, let’s dig in” instead of looking like he is about cry, would be much better.

As good as Tom was last year, he can mope around and have a poor game when the going gets tough.

I think Pappy, Tedesco, and Latrell are in front of Tom because the difference between their best and worst game are much closer. Tom is too inconsistent.

sheridanstand78

First Grader
This game is a big opportunity and a chance to make a defining statement about whether we are going to challenge or the finals or be also rans.

The first two months of the season have been a roller coaster and for too many games we have had players who are out of form and not fully fit.

It is all to easy to contain Manly at the moment. We are too passive in defence and we are failing to deliver the basic 101s in the game.

If we do not put heat on Moses tomorrow night, his kicking game will destroy our chances. We must lift in this area.

If there is ever a game that should get Manly up for their best its a game against our eternal enemy the Whinging worms. The team have to be right or we will get clobbered again.

alafua8

Reserve Grader
We can beat any team if we go set for set against them .It is our errors whether it is a dropped ball ,silly penalty , six again or a missed tackle that makes our team deflated ( or a bad call by the ref .).Best players come back stronger and harder after he commits an error in a game .They deserve the criticism for their performances so far but they can only get better and it is still a long season . I was there last year when the MAAAANNNLY call from the supporters was loud and clear .Let's hear it again on Friday night .

Eagle 1

First Grader
This game is a big opportunity and a chance to make a defining statement about whether we are going to challenge or the finals or be also rans.

The first two months of the season have been a roller coaster and for too many games we have had players who are out of form and not fully fit.

It is all to easy to contain Manly at the moment. We are too passive in defence and we are failing to deliver the basic 101s in the game.

If we do not put heat on Moses tomorrow night, his kicking game will destroy our chances. We must lift in this area.

If there is ever a game that should get Manly up for their best its a game against our eternal enemy the Whinging worms. The team have to be right or we will get clobbered again.
I'm prepared to hang on a bit longer on the defining moment line S78, let's wait for Pesaka and Lawton to come back, Tommy to hit his straps again and for Schuster, to have more games under his belt. It's like waiting for all the planets to align at the same time, it could happen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
12 9 3 83 22
13 10 3 80 22
13 9 4 110 20
12 7 5 64 18
12 7 5 -37 18
13 7 6 133 16
13 7 6 47 16
13 7 6 -34 16
13 6 6 27 15