Pre-Game Eels v Manly [Round 3, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

28 24
CommBank Stadium
24 Mar 2024 04:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper we should win this 13+ easy!

but you can bank on it 100% that the refs and bunker will have there say in this one, The only way we lose this one will be because of those clowns in pink
Especially given it’s a prime time game. Refs will try keep it close as best they can.

I think Gutho and Lane down our right edge defence will be the difference. If we can contain/limit the damage down that corridor, we have the rest covered. Any quick play the balls in the middle for shifts to that edge will test our defence.

Outside of the Talaki horror show (when he shouldn't have played) was he that bad?

I don't want to defend Lionel's playing ability, as he is only a fringe first grader.

But at the same time outside of that Cronulla game, I didn't think he was terrible defensively.
I remember Olam giving him a hard time from memory …it lost us the game. I guess another point to this being an ex manly player the team will know better than most how to exploit any weaknesses.

Screenshot_20240323_180055.jpg

Interestingly, both of tomorrow's games show a difference between the tipping favourite (in the NRL tipping app) and the betting odds favourites. We are favourites, as is Melbourne, in tipping, but not on Sportsbet at least.

Three wins in a row would be a breath of fresh air. To take down the eels after def roosters and Souths would be a huge positive on my outlook for us this year. If we want to make top four then we need to do better than two wins and a loss and so on. Being consistent has been a rarity of late. I’m really hoping for a win. Would love our boys to turn things around so we can become a force once again. That’s one thing I do miss. Go Manly.

I just find it funny the bias supporters show to their beloved team. Now we have the best starting front row in Australia lol??

I wonder what JFH and Leota would have to say to that, or a number of other rotations who have been successful, actually dominating consistently for a number of years
Yes I am guilty of being a slightly biased and one eyed Sea Eagles supporter. I do think however this is more a reflection of how well our team has started the year and more specifically how well our forwards are going. Particularly the front row and especially with Lodge and Sips as backup. Yes JFH / Leota have been the clear benchmarks last 4 years no doubt but times change and I think our guys will challenge this year and reckon they will succeed. Just my biased opinion.

Three wins in a row would be a breath of fresh air. To take down the eels after def roosters and Souths would be a huge positive on my outlook for us this year. If we want to make top four then we need to do better than two wins and a loss and so on. Being consistent has been a rarity of late. I’m really hoping for a win. Would love our boys to turn things around so we can become a force once again. That’s one thing I do miss. Go Manly.
The next few games will tell me a lot about season. 50/50 game tomorrow it wont be as easy as people think, just look tonight if you are off even by a few % teams will ambush you ie tigers vs sharks.

Then we play the dragons away next week which we would start strong favourites. These 2 games in the past few years we would find ways to stuff it up ie win 2 drop 1.

Let's see of our mentality has changed at all this year.

Last edited:
The next few games will tell me a lot about season. 50/50 game tomorrow it wont be as easy as people think, just look tonight if you are off even by a few % teams will ambush you ie tigers vs sharks.

Then we play the dragons away next week which we would start string favourites. These 2 games in the past few years we would find ways to stuff it up ie win 2 drop 1.

Let's see of our mentality has changed at all this year.
Agree. We just have to strive to be on our game and give our best. Inevitably those horror games will come, but we need to keep fighting complacency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8