Egrets, I've had a few...(musings and some pics)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Saturday

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220519-120233_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20220519-120233_Messenger.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 11
When I was in SF recently I saw these waymo cars driving around with cameras all over them.

thought they were a google street map vehicle...

turns out - robot cars!!!!!!

KIFvzT49dmJLpMGaPf7IT_qoCWxIlfogjbVBst1V3Raz7CL6D3jWyH2bTHKRRN1TrnqQB-MqHWzgROEUl94n-nxGSkhx7MJxBJS1GnM=rw-w1440-e365

waymo.com

So I was visiting some friends today and heard a bit of a crash.

There was a mother bear and 2 cubs getting into a bbq because people are idiots and wont keep them clean! fmd

Here's a vid a took. Mama bear came over to decide whether to 'come at me bro!' so I backed off a bit.

I'm no stranger to the dangers of feral animal anger ... this little minx gave me many anxious moments ... but I held my ground.

meaning high-tailed it outta there and slammed the door behind you! Don't blame you!

did not! :p:p

Here's the second vid!

"Go orn, git! Yeah keep walking wusseseseses!!! (Though it's never, ever a good idea to get between a mother and her cubs!..ever).

Well, I guess Denmark is off the hook.

~Puts away bow and arrow.~

Canada and Denmark have reached a settlement in a decades-old border dispute over Hans Island, a 1.3-square-kilometre rock in the Arctic sea passage between Greenland and Ellesmere Island, sources say.

Back in 1983, Canada issued a land-use permit to a Canadian petroleum company to establish a scientific camp on Hans Island that would study how sea ice might affect drilling rigs, Prof. Byers said. In 1984, Tom Hoyem, then the Danish minister for Greenland, flew to Hans Island by helicopter and planted a Danish flag, prompting the Canadian government to issue a diplomatic protest, he added.

Additional Danish flag plants – and Canadian protests – followed in 1988, 1995, 2002, 2003 and 2004, Prof. Byers said. In 2000, a team of geologists from the Geographical Society of Canada visited the island, mapped its location and took geological samples.

In 2004, the Wall Street Journal quoted Peter Taksoe-Jensen, legal adviser to the Danish foreign minister about how both countries maintained a sense of humour throughout the dispute: “When Danish military go there, they leave a bottle of schnapps. And when [Canadian] military forces come there, they leave a bottle of Canadian Club [whisky] and a sign saying, ‘Welcome to Canada.’ ”

About an hour ago I was wandering down the road and three guys call out:

Hey bud, there's a bear there...but cross to the other side of the road and you'll be sweet."

I did, took a pic and I was.

Didn't even see it! (sheesh)

3NSNjGM.jpg

About an hour ago I was wandering down the road and three guys call out:

Hey bud, there's a bear there...but cross to the other side of the road and you'll be sweet."

I did, took a pic and I was.

Didn't even see it! (sheesh)

3NSNjGM.jpg

In Australia, we are smart, we keep all our large carnivorous animals like Bears in enclosures at the zoo.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6