End of our Finals cycle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
lmao im drunk i didnt even realise it was an old thread =) my arguement is still the same GO MANLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p[/align]

If Des and the boys get us over the line this year it will be a remarkable effort and put Des up as the number 1 Manly coach of all time. Hard to go past Ron Willey, Frank Stanton or Bozo but I think Des's efforts are shading them. Remember we are doing this on a very limited budget.

Canteen Worker said:
Happy to be wrong on this one. Go Manly!

I love who you nominated as teams on the rise this year. Everyone of them missed the 8. You know your stuff CW :p

If we dont win this year imagine the talent we have playing in 2012 with that extra hunger from missing out and the belief they now have. If we dont win this year we will in 2012.

The Eagle said:
Mark,while i respect you and Crusher alot i think we have all the key ingredients still available in 2011 to give the title a red hot shake as we did this year before our huge spate of injuries,our weaknesses at the start of the year were in number 7 and 17 respectively as Bailey had little game time early on,from memory the last 20 minutes,when Rodney was having trouble keeping up his huge intensity

I think DCE will be a gun for us this coming year,i hope so anyway
He would have spent alot more time with Ox due to being on toyota cup while Hodko was busy in QLD,furthering on that point his reuniting with Foran will be invaluable as they had a killer combination in the 20s

Our 14 Seu Seu hopefully stays in FG as yesterday,he WAS the stranger and took his role brilliantly

Hopefully Cunningham will be ready for 15,Keeping Joe another year at 16 and with any luck Des will find that f**king photo and 17 will be Buhrer

So looking at our squad

1 B Stewart/Hoppoate/Oldfield
2 M Robertson/Oldfield/Hoppoate
3 Lyon/Whare
4 Matai/Whare
5 D Williams/Oldfield/Hoppoate
6 K Foran/Lyon
7 Daly Cherry-Evans/Foran
8 J King
9 M Ballin
10 B Kite
11 A Watmough/T Williams
12 S Rodney/T Williams
13 G Stewart/T Williams

14 Seu Seu
15 T Williams/Gulavao
16 Rose/Cunningham/Cross/T Williams
17 Buhrer/Cunningham/Lussick/Cross/T Williams

It would be nice to have more players able to play Centre
Halfback or Prop however

That is as potent a side as any in the NRL with Des's Coaching
and hopefully ALOT MORE WORK from Singe

Slight edit,forgot T Rex

That is a pretty accurate prediction one year on.
You forgot Mauro though :)

What happened to Cunningham? Des is a better coach than Bozo. Bozo had better cattle and only won the silverware twice. I can only imagine what Des would have done with Bozo's squads.

The Wheel said:
I am more concerned at our 9 year premiership cycle

2008 (minus 3 years for Northern Eagles)

If this hoodoo holds our next premiership wont be until 2017.

You forget 72, 73 and 76. I think that is less than 9 years ;)

I don't agree with the cycle. I only believe that a period of ups and downs happens to clubs that don't plan for the future, they only plan for that one year of glory. Brisbane went 20 odd years without missing a finals series, all through the salary cap era. They had a year off and are now back in the finals again.

This year was our building year. To not only build our youngsters up, and re-sign most of them (please get Tony signed!!!) I am thinking that the next 3 years will be very interesting indeed.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Eagle said:
Mark,while i respect you and Crusher alot i think we have all the key ingredients still available in 2011 to give the title a red hot shake as we did this year before our huge spate of injuries,our weaknesses at the start of the year were in number 7 and 17 respectively as Bailey had little game time early on,from memory the last 20 minutes,when Rodney was having trouble keeping up his huge intensity

He would have spent alot more time with Ox due to being on toyota cup while Hodko was busy in QLD,furthering on that point his reuniting with Foran will be invaluable as they had a killer combination in the 20s

Our 14 Seu Seu hopefully stays in FG as yesterday,he WAS the stranger and took his role brilliantly

Hopefully Cunningham will be ready for 15,Keeping Joe another year at 16 and with any luck Des will find that f**king photo and 17 will be Buhrer

So looking at our squad

3 Lyon/Whare
4 Matai/Whare
6 K Foran/Lyon
8 J King
9 M Ballin
10 B Kite
11 A Watmough/T Williams
12 S Rodney/T Williams
13 G Stewart/T Williams

14 Seu Seu
15 T Williams/Gulavao

Halfback or Prop however

Slight edit,forgot T Rex

lol oh snap!!! and Dan if you look at the prediction thread,i predicted that to :p

The Eagle said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
The Eagle said:

So looking at our squad

3 Lyon/Whare
4 Matai/Whare
6 K Foran/Lyon
8 J King
9 M Ballin
10 B Kite
11 A Watmough/T Williams
12 S Rodney/T Williams
13 G Stewart/T Williams

14 Seu Seu
15 T Williams/Gulavao

Halfback or Prop however

Slight edit,forgot T Rex

lol oh snap!!! and Dan if you look at the prediction thread,i predicted that to :p

Not really you have Lyon @ 5/8 FAIL :p thank you come again.. Thats just disrespect to Foran on his effort last yr but other than that not bad .. ;)

Ahhh Jjai i had Lyon at 5/8 not for Foran failing but for DCE never materialising as he has done oh so well,if you look i have Foran as a backup Halfback incase DCE went awry :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6