Enforcer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Someone else mentioned it in another thread, after Marty got cleaned up on Friday night, and it really got me thinking again.

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd
2008 Choc was unbelievable in that run to the finals and beyond.
2011 Choc again/ Big George off the bench.

It has always been said that premiership winning sides have an enforcer, someone who will step up for the team when needed, and essentially put fear in the oppositions mind.

Marty got taken high by Hetherington, and we all stood around and did nothing.

Lachlan Lewis took Munster out yesterday, and Welsch ( lol, yeah Welsch) ran over and sat Lewis on his arse immediately. No punches thrown.

Who do we have like that ? Not to say we aren't tough, but we are not scaring anyone.
I want a Hipgrave, RCG, Hetherington, Bateman, JWH, type. Someone that the opposition spend the game looking out for. Someone who runs out with the eyes spinning.

Keppie sort of had it last year, but has lost that edge.

I guess the team stood back as they expected the ref to send him off so there was no need for the push and shove.

But alas

We got nrl'ed.

I guess the team stood back as they expected the ref to send him off so there was no need for the push and shove.

But alas

We got nrl'ed.

Yeah, we did.

That's my point.

I would much rather someone (Keppie, Boyle, anyone tbh) rush in and belt Hetherington...Even if it meant 10 in the bin for them.

Essentially, we are soft, or at least we are playing soft.

I didnt really pay any attention at the time it was only after I saw the Lewis / Cunster incident, that thought why didn't we rush in ? Was glaringly obvious we are too nice.
AFB use to be but has quieten down.
Maybe Thomo would have fired up if he was on, but agree we don't have the Rambo's, Spud or Choc types.

Someone else mentioned it in another thread, after Marty got cleaned up on Friday night, and it really got me thinking again.

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd

It has always been said that premiership winning sides have an enforcer, someone who will step up for the team when needed, and essentially put fear in the oppositions mind.

Lachlan Lewis took Munster out yesterday, and Welsch ( lol, yeah Welsch) ran over and sat Lewis on his arse immediately. No punches thrown.

Who do we have like that ? Not to say we aren't tough, but we are not scaring anyone.
I want a Hipgrave, RCG, Hetherington, Bateman, JWH, type. Someone that the opposition spend the game looking out for. Someone who runs out with the eyes spinning.

This is a very big point that you have made and a very concerning one ......

We are not expecting our players to respond with right uppercuts

But to respond with no emotion or passion after that high shot to their player

Where is the passion ?

You talk about Enforces @mave . None of our players showed any of that . They just go thorough the motions .

We need to recruit a grub to lead the way in the engine room

Memories are made of this

This is how passionate players react when you mess around with their team mate

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd

I get the feeling Keppies been told to go back to the basics and concentrate on his ball handling, and play the balls. He invariably comes up with an error or two when he comes on. I think if he can get those errors out of his game, his confidence will grow, and he’ll be our Keegan ‘psycho’ Hipgrave.

This is a very big point that you have made and a very concerning one ......

We are not expecting our players to respond with right uppercuts

But to respond with no emotion or passion after that high shot to their player

Where is the passion ?

You talk about Enforces @mave . None of our players showed any of that . They just go thorough the motions .

We need to recruit a grub to lead the way in the engine room

Memories are made of this

This is how passionate players react when you mess around with their team mate

agreed we are so soft at the moment as a team its embarrassing to see.

But alas

We got nrl'ed.
The nrl did deal with it. They waited till the horse was in Milsons Point then they installed a large bolt up our arse.

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd

Saddler is our most likely canditate ... but we will have to wait and see if he can play footy as well ..

PSS ... AFB is the most capable ... and that way inclined .... but I think he has been shock therapy-ed into showing no aggression ... other than to referees .....

Last edited:

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd

Easy. We need a time machine back to 1976.

Mr Terry Randall, we have a job for you. In the future.

I shake my head with utter bewilderment every time I hear Marty described as a Manly enforcer ... he is no more than a metre collection technican .... enforcer my pimply old arse ...

I have been saying for 2 years our forwards have no mongrel and offer nil in the intimidation stakes .... not saying we need to have 6 boofheads ... but we do have to stop teams lining up to run at us with impunity ....

I shake my head with utter bewilderment every time I hear Marty described as a Manly enforcer ... he is no more than a metre collection technican .... enforcer my pimply old arse ...

I have been saying for 2 years our forwards have no mongrel and offer nil in the intimidation stakes .... not saying we need to have 6 boofheads ... but we do have to stop teams lining up to run at us with impunity ....
we missed curtis on friday badly he is more crucial to us than people give him credit for

agreed we are so soft at the moment as a team its embarrassing to see.
We see teams when their player cops a high shot and they all passionately run in around the culprit to make a statement and NRL has no rules for passionate statements !!!
Not stand around lifeless like we did

we missed curtis on friday badly he is more crucial to us than people give him credit for
Curtis is a good 1st grade player.

He is not someone the other team is overly worried about.

And I have noticed that since the Canberra game he is starting to show signs of aggression .... all we have to do with him now is introduce him to Suli .... and tell him it is OK to share ... pass him the ball sometime ... bloke was a 5/8 ... surely he can part the sea of defence for Moses ....

Might be the fact that he’s got a reputation as being extremely dangerous with his fists - but it’s still no excuse. Should be in there all guns blazing as a punch is unlikely.

1987 Rambo
1996 Spudd

Zac Saddler!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10