Every single one proved wrong

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Your need to make it personal says more about you than it does me

but i suspect your just trying to drum up support for your own control issues

let it go dude and enjoy the ride. Its dans site, if he wants me gone ill be happy to go but YOU …..pffft

I apologize .. what were you saying about DCE .. I'm fascinated .. haven't heard it before

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I apologize .. what were you saying about DCE .. I'm fascinated .. haven't heard it before
I would suggest you didnt hear the point because it wasnt in your interest to do so. What interests you is the opportunity to play the man . Id suggest you use the ignore button but you would lose the control mechanism to do so

co exist dude, look for positives instead or waiting to ambush any perceived negativity. Its not your role as a single poster

besides what if i am experiencing mental illness and i use ST as therapy. Who are you in the scheme of things to try take that from me

i would suggest we are both an acquired taste

anyway enjoy your day

Simonmyers11

First Grader
yep another DCE thread

firstly a great game as a player, a captain and a halfback
For everyone and that includes you @jbb/james who reckons we couldnt win a comp with him at 7. DEAD WRONG. No doubt he will need some help, a lot of help but if he played with that intent, then anything is possible
For everyone who claims he cant run the ball, take it to the line to run and kick, because of croker or forward domination , schuster and global warming DEAD WRONG also. Just pissy excuses

his effort is never questioned by me ,but his attitude toward what really makes a 7 Is often missing.But currently Im like a toddler in a highchair eating a googy with soldiers. Egg all over my face. But i am not alone Although im sure my admission will be

sure he had some of the usual blood rushes but completely overshadowed by his ability to create, and cause the defence 2 minds. I dont expect he can play to that level weekly but consistency in his approach to playing in the line despite the result is a key

so whatever your agenda lets take this moment , join hands, and use this moment to appreciate the moment.
Someone has stolen @jbb/james identity and written this post - no way its the real James. :tonguewink:

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
While i acknowledge his effort , there is a huge difference between backing up breaks and turning the ball under. These are considered runs

when someone engages players, takes a hit to try to open up space. That is a game changer and my point. He did an awesome job at that last night in this area

after last nights intercept id imagine schusters running metre stats look ok , but was it effective ?
Would tackle busts not be an indication of engaging players and being willing to take a hit.

If your arguement is digging into the line to square players up then sure, but your post talked about a "clean jersey" and not running into the line.

Now "the line" is where most tackles are made, and therefore if you are busting tackles you have run to the line.

Also turning the ball under does not constitute a run

DUFFMAN

Bencher
DCE is one of the top halfbacks in the game and has been for many years.
He hasn't had a decent club team around him for many years and can only do so much.

Queensland shouldn't have won so many games since the best spine in living memory retired but he has be part of winning sides when he has had the troops around him.
If our owner put the funds in and we recruited well we would have won or gone close to winning premierships but unfortunately for DCE and us fans it's not going to happen.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Someone has stolen @jbb/james identity and written this post - no way its the real James. :tonguewink:
nah man, its me. He went very bloody good. Loved watching him. real captains dig.

You were also the first person i thought of when i pressed send

i told you one day we would find common ground
That london/ gold coast hippe and his flash wallpaper was second

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
@jbb/james

Attached from NRL.com on how stats are recorded.

So a run is only a run if contact is made a defender. So neither backing up through the middle nor turning it under.

Turning it under could possible be classed as a line engagement but it would depend how close to the line you are and if you pull them out of shape I guess.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230811_135120_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230811_135120_Chrome.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 7

Simonmyers11

First Grader
I can only speak from my perspective but he plays too much as a distributor rather than a halfback.
in attack he is often a clean jersey. He probably ran into the line last night as many times as the last 2 seasons. and i mean directly. Early on i was all in on DCE , years back

just answering a question, wasnt trying to crap on his game

edit post to add IMO
I would agree with this James. I think he has the ability and a great running game, its a shame I feel he also feels on the field he has to be the one to set up a passing play as well. ie last night, he looked great just doing a show and go himself, sometimes he took a hit, sometimes he threatened to break straight through. But then nothing was doing at first receiver with Shuster, its like he thought, come on, and runs from the blind to the open just to be the one to throw a direct pass.

I feel the Brooks play will work out well, as Shuster just looks more comfortable on an edge where he himself takes it deep into the line. To be honest, no one has unlocked Turbo giving him space in the last couple of years then Shuster, they do combine very well together.

Will be interesting how it plays out next year. Hopefully DCE continues on the way he is playing, he does seem in a good place at the moment, not as many headless chook moments, more composed, still has a superb kicking game. I also feel his one on one defence has been a lot better this year than last year as well.

Has to be a real chance of getting the half back of the year considering how consistent he has been

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Would tackle busts not be an indication of engaging players and being willing to take a hit.

If your arguement is digging into the line to square players up then sure, but your post talked about a "clean jersey" and not running into the line.

Now "the line" is where most tackles are made, and therefore if you are busting tackles you have run to the line.

Also turning the ball under does not constitute a run
My language was poor then

squaring people was exactly the point i was trying to convey

i am no Shakespeare. Apologies for the loose language .

Additionally is your conclusion that dce has taken on the line and squared up 130 times this season. just asking the same questions

Simonmyers11

First Grader
nah man, its me. He went very bloody good. Loved watching him. real captains dig.

You were also the first person i thought of when i pressed send

i told you one day we would find common ground
That london/ gold coast hippe and his flash wallpaper was second
haha. Good on Chez, having a real crack this year. I think his 300th presentation told a lot with so many players (not all from Manly) saying what a good leader he is and he has offered so much of his own time and guidance. I don't think many people would have any negative comments towards him the way he conducts himself.He does do Manly proud IMO

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I would agree with this James. I think he has the ability and a great running game, its a shame I feel he also feels on the field he has to be the one to set up a passing play as well. ie last night, he looked great just doing a show and go himself, sometimes he took a hit, sometimes he threatened to break straight through. But then nothing was doing at first receiver with Shuster, its like he thought, come on, and runs from the blind to the open just to be the one to throw a direct pass.

I feel the Brooks play will work out well, as Shuster just looks more comfortable on an edge where he himself takes it deep into the line. To be honest, no one has unlocked Turbo giving him space in the last couple of years then Shuster, they do combine very well together.

Will be interesting how it plays out next year. Hopefully continues on the way he is playing, he does seem in a good place at the moment, not as many headless chook moments, more composed, still has a superb kicking game. I also feel his one on one defence has been a lot better this year than last year as well.

Has to be a real chance of getting the half back of the year considering how consistent he has been
good summary
I think the brooks combo will really work and bring the best out in both of them and of course manly. No doubt dce form has been the best its been for some time

but i might quit while im ahead
its getting hairy .

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
My language was poor then

squaring people was exactly the point i was trying to convey

i am no Shakespeare. Apologies for the loose language .

Additionally is your conclusion that dce has taken on the line and squared up 130 times this season. just asking the same questions

Umm no, my point, was a counter response to your initial point (or percieved point taken on your use of language)

I'm stating DCE is one of the more run dominant halves in the comp, a run in the sense of running until contact with the defensive line.

I agree he isn't really one to dig in and square up the line like some halves do, but I would consider it a failing as such, more a difference stylistically.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Umm no, my point, was a counter response to your initial point (or percieved point taken on your use of language)

I'm stating DCE is one of the more run dominant halves in the comp, a run in the sense of running until contact with the defensive line.

I agree he isn't really one to dig in and square up the line like some halves do, but I would consider it a failing as such, more a difference stylistically.
Fair enough

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
but i suspect your just trying to drum up support for your own control issues
It sounds like ST game of thrones.
I wonder who is the little fella? I nominate that Biff character.
Btw, I have never understood DCE hate that has come up from time to time on this site. DCE would be in ( my top 20, not at the top ) of all time Manly players.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
We are in a battle to avoid the spoon again in 2024.
Said it last year and at the start of this year. Based on how our contracts fall we are totally at the mercy of key players being fit. Imo Tom stays fit this year and last and we play finals. Next year will be no different. We lose Tom and we’ll be in about this position again - may squeeze into the 8 with the recruits we’ve made. Really need a decent prop and 9 tho.

Re DCE, best 7 in the game and for most of the game last night schooled Cleary again. We bring that first half over to NZ and sustain it, we can def beat them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12