Expansion plan sweetener in TV talks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Expansion is secondary with this deal. IMO on top of the 1bil plus for the rights there needs to be a push for atleast 4-5 free to air games if not more.

All clubs need increased free to air exposure to offer more value for money to potiental sponsors.

This bs of one team receiving 22+ free to air games a season while others are lucky to get one is a joke and needs to end.

I think we need to see something like this

Friday night
7:45 kick off

Saturday
3pm
5pm
7pm

Sunday
2 pm
4 pm
6 pm

Monday night
7:45 pm

More day time football is what most fans want.
Bringing in a Perth team will offer later games on Fridays Saturday's and Sundays.

Wont happen Cliffy. Not saying its a bad idea but it wont happen.

Pay TV is a huge part of the deal and they wont want to be giving games away to FTA.

Saturday afternoon is a graveyard for footy, its the Junior sport day, guys play golf, Ladies play netball etc.

You are spot on with your sunday evening timeslot though, thats the one they need to hit, especially given the extra channels they all have, Gem, 7Mate etc.

I think that Mondya slot is a bit late in the evening, who wants to walk out of a ground at 10pm on a monday night and get home after that?

But I think you are on the money with your Sunday night and Perth Comments.

I would love to see the game expand and the season get longer where each team plays each other twice, will it happen I doubt.

I am all for expanding the game in WA and back in SA however I think the growth area is in the NT. When I was there last year I was watching some local teams play and was very impressed by the skills they had.

My only concern of expansion is that it will place another drain on the top end of talent and we could possible loose some of our much loved stars.

I just hope the NRL commission does something to help the clubs develop junior levels so that we do not experience that much of a drain in the top 25 of every club.

Fro said:
Wont happen Cliffy. Not saying its a bad idea but it wont happen.

Pay TV is a huge part of the deal and they wont want to be giving games away to FTA.

Saturday afternoon is a graveyard for footy, its the Junior sport day, guys play golf, Ladies play netball etc.

You are spot on with your sunday evening timeslot though, thats the one they need to hit, especially given the extra channels they all have, Gem, 7Mate etc.

I think that Mondya slot is a bit late in the evening, who wants to walk out of a ground at 10pm on a monday night and get home after that?

But I think you are on the money with your Sunday night and Perth Comments.
I'm hearing ch 10 are going hard for all 8 games

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4