F*** me , He is on another Planet !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If it was the other way around Ricky Stuart would also complain about the same thing especially if his die lost by 1 point. Des has every right to question

Coaches only can do so much, at this level it's up to players to have their own motivation and the team who executes best and most importantly (has the best players) should Win 90% of the time.
The Manly players would have to turn up arrogantly, or still be dwelling on last weeks joke result to not get it done comfortably against the Gold Coast.
Hasler, Bellamy, Bennett or any other coach do not matter if they lack the players and this Titans team is struggling for many reasons, but the players are simply not as good as the opposition is the biggest problem.
The way I look at it feathered friend Maxta is that Great Coaches Can Do So Much
They are Great Mentors and Motivators and Create Inspiration and Upset Wins

You need the cattle to win but if you have a Mediocre coach he will guide the cattle to the Abattoir
1713244712253.png

They did win, but by Ricky body language you'd never would of thought so.
He was still pumped up in the presser but He is happier after Win

Winning makes our hearts Sing

We are the Manly Boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of,
We showed them how to play.

No matter where we'll be,
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren't we a wonderful credit,
To our locality.

1713245729262.png

If it was the other way around Ricky Stuart would also complain about the same thing especially if his die lost by 1 point. Des has every right to question
Des had every right to question because so far his team has not had a win as Des has not come up with the right answers for his team to make the right play and win

No Excuses after a loss
You either Prevail or you Fail
Excuses are a sign of incompetence
Excuses do not win your games
No one has ever won a comp on the back of Excuses

Last edited:
Des had every right to question because so far his team has not had a win as Des has not come up with the right answers for his team to make the right play and win

No Excuses after a loss
You either Prevail or you Fail
Excuses are a sign of incompetence
Excuses do not win your games
No one has ever won a comp on the back of Excuses
ok we get it you don't like Des, but the fact of the matter is , Ricky is the last person to say someone's off their head why even make a thread about it does it make you feel better?

The way I look at it feathered friend Maxta is that Great Coaches Can Do So Much
They are Great Mentors and Motivators and Create Inspiration and Upset Wins

You need the cattle to win but if you have a Mediocre coach he will guide the cattle to the Abattoir
View attachment 26671
Coaches can make a difference and if they have the ability to inspire "Respect", I feel this is a good attribute, but not convinced Des has that at Titans, as the players look far from motivated.
I was always a supporter of Des back in the day and will never forget the success he was as big part of at Manly's Golden days.....
But I do feel he is a stubborn coach, who stuggles with change and in many ways, has not grasped the modern day coaching methods and seems to repeat game plans, even when they appear to be stale and this may can attribute to losing a dressing room, but I feel in Des defence atm, the troops are simply not as good as the opposition.
I feel also to 'blame" a coach can easily fall into the "excuse" basket Bozo and as I know you are not a fan who accepts excuses, the accountability come back to the professional athletes who are on the field, not a bloke holding a scrapbook and notes in the grandstand.

ok we get it you don't like Des, but the fact of the matter is , Ricky is the last person to say someone's off their head why even make a thread about it does it make you feel better?
No feathered friend , You dont get my point at all . I do like Des .I love Des .
Des is one of my favourite all time Manly People and his Record breaking Premiership win is Legendary

If you got my message you would have known it was all about looking for Excuses after a loss
No Excuses
You either prevail or fail
You dont Get credit or two points for excuses
I hope Get my point

Coaches can make a difference and if they have the ability to inspire "Respect", I feel this is a good attribute, but not convinced Des has that at Titans, as the players look far from motivated.
I was always a supporter of Des back in the day and will never forget the success he was as big part of at Manly's Golden days.....
But I do feel he is a stubborn coach, who stuggles with change and in many ways, has not grasped the modern day coaching methods and seems to repeat game plans, even when they appear to be stale and this may can attribute to losing a dressing room, but I feel in Des defence atm, the troops are simply not as good as the opposition.
I feel also to 'blame" a coach can easily fall into the "excuse" basket Bozo and as I know you are not a fan who accepts excuses, the accountability come back to the professional athletes who are on the field, not a bloke holding a scrapbook and notes in the grandstand.
We both agree that Great coaches can make a difference
Nice agreeing with you feathered friend :)

The key word from the point you made is Accountability
Coaches are accountable big time and that is why they are on big money
Great coaches are like Great conductors that instruct their players to great harmonies and inspire them to hit the highest possible notes
This is why Pro musicians and Pro players need Great Conductors and Great Coaches feathered friend
We will agree to disagree in harmony :)
1713248097632.png

Last edited:
Des is one step ahead. Not another planet. That interview was all about trying to influence the referees this weekend. And I'm sure it will.

Man will need to be ready.
If Des wants to win he is better off focusing and influencing his players feathered friend

Was at a trampoline Park with kids that's located in same complex as Des and the titans the other day and Monnas was emptying boxes from an old car into a skip bin. Found it pretty funny. Perhaps he was putting the titans 2024 season in there.
I like Des but I am only Sad when Manly lose
I hope the Titans Keep sinking to the bottom of the NRL Ladder
There is only one team that matters and that is Manly

The key word from the point you made is Accountability
Coaches are accountable big time and that is why they are on big money
Great coaches are like Great conductors that instruct their players to great harmonies and inspire them to hit the highest possible notes
This is why Pro musicians and Pro players need Great Conductors and Great Coaches feathered friend
We will agree to disagree in harmony :)
View attachment 26674
I respect your views and having a great coach helps....but look through every GF winner over the history of the NRL and they will ALL winners will have close to, if not the BEST players.....I mean you could have the greatest coach in history to coach a NSW cup or Qld cup team and they will get smashed by any NRL team by 50+ even if the NRL team had a blind turtle as its coach.

This may not be MIGOTY, but it could be the most dangerous. We simply must win.
The Titans were bloody unlucky to lose on Sunday.
Now Des is staring at 14 straight defeats - never thought we'd see that. And we won't, if our mob turns up (or fails to turn up) like Wollongong. No complacency!

I think he is Manly but relationships behind closed doors can complicate any marriage.

Personally, I believe Manly failed to stand by Des when we had a difficult 2009-2010 period (difficult by our standards at the time). Then they bulked at re-signing him for what he was worth, and another club swooped in with a deal. Suddenly we win the premiership and the damage was already done.

The second time around, I feel he was made scapegoat for problems caused by administration (jerseygate, etc).

I could be wrong and maybe he was just looking after himself with his move to Canterbury but I think the club should have shown a stronger desire to hold onto him. In a way, I think they tried to roll the dice with his contract renewal in 2011 and lost.
Didn 't help again with Des "s standing and even the credibility factor prior to him eventually leaving in 2011 with Manly when Bulldogs C E O Greenberg made what were in essence unauthorized [ or according to reports , ] behind the scenes approaches.
And Des also according to latter reports , quite complicit and behind Manly 's back in the discussions to lure him away .
Anyway hardly a good look and especially considering it was finally revealed around G F time
2nd time , think it was primarily the case of a perception from some within the club or influential people out of it who considered Des a little bit past it with some of his then coaching techniques ,

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8