Fainu to start.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Sue

Bencher
If we keep playing Api at 9 and Parker in the centres at the expense of guys who absolutely exude talent we’ll fight out for the spoon.

Api is 100 percent trier and an asset off the bench but he has never run a pack around the park. The 9 gets everything rolling and Fainu is the man for the job. Garrick - we’ll if he’s wasted on the wing then that will do me.

Let’s give these young guys a go. Get Hoppa into the side later on in the year for Jorge and we have a side that will be threatening in a couple of years. That first half stuff was stilted slow and so hard to watch.Zero organisation. DCE just thrives off Fainus great service. He fixes so many things with our side.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Loved his play, but it came on the back of the forwards finally getting some second phase play going. There was none of that in the first half (yes I know the conditions were shiit), but you’re never going to beat the good sides with the bash and barge. I think Des got him on at the right time. The only thing I want more of from Api is more kicking from dummy half.

king2213

Reserve Grader
Roosters defensive Line speed dropped in the second half

Which allowed Fainu to shine

He would not get the opportunity to play like that in the first half

Overall however he is a very very special talent :)

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Loved his play, but it came on the back of the forwards finally getting some second phase play going. There was none of that in the first half (yes I know the conditions were shiit), but you’re never going to beat the good sides with the bash and barge. I think Des got him on at the right time. The only thing I want more of from Api is more kicking from dummy half.
As soon as he came on he lifted the tempo, got the forwards moving up, which created opportunities.
If you want kicking from the 9 then I think the kid is your man.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As soon as he came on he lifted the tempo, got the forwards moving up, which created opportunities.
If you want kicking from the 9 then I think the kid is your man.
Api topped the tackle count (41). We got blown off the park in the first half. I’m not saying Fainu didn’t go well. He was great,but he’s only a kid. You put him on to start in that first half, with that amount of defence, and his forwards getting totally dominated, he wouldn’t be able to spark the side the way he did when he did come on.

PS. Any other sick puppies watching the replay on fox atm:eek:

Sue

Bencher
Put it this way. We have looked like an un organised rudderless ship for at least 2 of the last 3 years, with only Green ever providing another kicking option in 2017,and Api playing in the 9.Red zone attack woeful and never long range attacking moves.

What have we got to lose. 13th and 15th is the result folks when we have had Api at 9 who can’t kick and no dominant 5/8.That is the cold hard fact.

Well guess what. We still don’t have a confident 5/8 option and I for one don’t want to go through another year pretending a guy with great heart and some individual brilliance now and then is ever going to run this team around the park while a guy who has all the skills we are lacking warms the bench.

It’s easy to say Fainu played at an easier time tonight and our forwards were being belted in the first half. I look at it differently - one of the prime reasons our forwards get belted in many games is they don’t receive the accurate passes at the advantage line and direction to allow them not to get belted. Everything looks so so predictable and happens at a snails pace.

As soon as the kid stepped on the field DCE had time to play and he kllled them.We made more long range breaks tonight than we have for the last three years combined.The reason is simple. Fainu goes the right way at the right time with crisp passes and that gives DCE the chance to get to the edges.The forwards feed off this , see the results and start playing the ball quicker. It’s a new movie, a fast and exciting one.The kid got a chance last year for a few games and learnt a lot. He’s ready to go the next level.Brayden Bailey was pushing the Sharks around the field straight out of 20s and this kid has more talent in one finger than him. If they are good enough they are old enough.

13th and 15th folks doing it the old way with the current Aus halfback at seven and no 2 rated fullback in the game at the back, no five eight and Api at hooker.We need to stop confusing tough tackling and effort with the ability to do the job at hand.

If we keep Api at nine and Parker and Tafua on the left edge get ready for an almighty tussle with the Dogs for the spoon.

It does not work and we need to stop pretending it does.

Last edited:

Order66

Unlimited Power!
This kid should start or get equal time on the field.. api needs time to get back his form he hasnt played since last year and of course last week but hes clearly rusty... hmm i really hope Turbs comes back next week we need a win

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13