Fan based TPA's?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NZEaglesFan

Reserve Grader
Just wondering if the NRL will allow a Fan based TPA for the Turbo’s. The club has more than 12 thousand members. Say if 10 thousand members paid $100 each into a Trust fund that is administered by the fans representatives , this would give the Trust 1 million dollars to offer as TPA to keep the Turbo’s.

I am sure others would have thought of it already and NRL would have said no but if I got asked to contribute towards such a fund to help the brothers playing at Manly, I will be more than happy to contribute.

Hence why I suggested that a separate consortium be set up by the fans themselves, so it has nothing to do with the club.

For me, I will class this as my wellbeing contribution because when Manly win, I am happy and when they lose, I am upset for a few days so all I want to do is keep that team together so they can continue winning. I do not need anything in return and if we all then contribute to the fund and people who we fans elect to manage such fund can then approach the club on behalf of the consortium and offer money towards TPA payment to keep the Turbos and maybe other players at the club.

Just wondering if the NRL will allow a Fan based TPA for the Turbo’s. The club has more than 12 thousand members. Say if 10 thousand members paid $100 each into a Trust fund that is administered by the fans representatives , this would give the Trust 1 million dollars to offer as TPA to keep the Turbo’s.

I am sure others would have thought of it already and NRL would have said no but if I got asked to contribute towards such a fund to help the brothers playing at Manly, I will be more than happy to contribute.
Only the broncos are allowed to do that

I guess it comes down to whether the NRL considers paying club members to be independent and having someone reputable to set up a legitimate fund to be paid into?

I have been a member for decades and have contributed money even though I don't get to go to Brookie coz I'm in Qld. I see it purely as a show of support and for the pleasure they have given me over the years. I'd think nothing of giving a $watermelon for the cause. Bring it on. Go Manly!

Hence why I suggested that a separate consortium be set up by the fans themselves, so it has nothing to do with the club.

For me, I will class this as my wellbeing contribution because when Manly win, I am happy and when they lose, I am upset for a few days so all I want to do is keep that team together so they can continue winning. I do not need anything in return and if we all then contribute to the fund and people who we fans elect to manage such fund can then approach the club on behalf of the consortium and offer money towards TPA payment to keep the Turbos and maybe other players at the club.
If you called it the "Manly Thoroughbreds" it might just get approved.

80 Australian.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

:angel:
It looks like this:-
upload_2019-7-24_16-44-40.png
plus
upload_2019-7-24_16-44-49.png
so not much difference.

Attachments

• upload_2019-7-24_16-42-26.png
    upload_2019-7-24_16-42-26.png
    90.8 KB · Views: 2
  • upload_2019-7-24_16-43-9.png
    upload_2019-7-24_16-43-9.png
    30.5 KB · Views: 2

The thing is, the player has to be seen to be earning that TPA apart from just playing, and thousands of fans stumping up $100 each won't pass muster.
The Sharks were sprung setting up bodgy companies and these companies were then giving TPA's to players
What worries me though is that the NRL salary cap auditors have NOT in their own right , uncovered any illegal TPA's , it was either self reporting , as in the case of the Sharks, which subsequently uncovered a lot more illegalities, or through a whislteblower.

The thing is, the player has to be seen to be earning that TPA apart from just playing, and thousands of fans stumping up $100 each won't pass muster.

Sure they can. A visit to each contributor for a quick game of touch footy. And they’ve earned it by giving the fans great enjoyment every week.

Roosters have something similar to this fan based TPA you talk however there is only one ‘fan’ in the TPA Group

See the turbos won't be broke, they got over paid last time Bozo signed the cheques.

Not sure they need our money to stay at Manly.

If they want to leave show em a photo a Trent Hogko, T rex, Foran etc etc and ask em how life after leaving Manly in your prime worked out.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10