Fan for over 50 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hi,

Just joined your forum after lurking for a while so I thought I would share my Rugby league story.

I grew up in Canberra and my only exposure to Rugby League and Aussie Rules was via trusty channel 7 on a weekend. I played soccer all my life, so didn't know any different but I loved, and still love all three sports.

I picked a couple of teams from each sport and stuck with them ever since. Most of you probably won't understand why it's like this, but my favourite League team is Manly Warringah, with the Roosters, called Eastern Suburbs in my day as my second team.

Moved to Melbourne in the mid 80s and lost touch with League due to zero media coverage then when Storm came into the competition, it rekindled some interest and Storm became my third team, and I saw my first game live.

And my most despised team was always Parramatta, but I was also a massive supporter of the Kangaroos so ended up with a love/hate relationship with them watching the likes of Kenny, Price and Grothe do their stuff for the national team.

Also hated St George and Canterbury Bankstown.

What has drawn me in again big time was again TV. Games on free to air, plus Kayo has got me right back into it and I loved most of Manly's season last year.

User name...was either going to be Max Krilich or Graham Eadie, and the fullback won the day. But those two were my favourite players in the 70s.

Have enjoyed reading all your thoughts, really helps give me some great insights into the club, and team.

Cheers.

Hi,

Just joined your forum after lurking for a while so I thought I would share my Rugby league story.

I grew up in Canberra and my only exposure to Rugby League and Aussie Rules was via trusty channel 7 on a weekend. I played soccer all my life, so didn't know any different but I loved, and still love all three sports.

I picked a couple of teams from each sport and stuck with them ever since. Most of you probably won't understand why it's like this, but my favourite League team is Manly Warringah, with the Roosters, called Eastern Suburbs in my day as my second team.

Moved to Melbourne in the mid 80s and lost touch with League due to zero media coverage then when Storm came into the competition, it rekindled some interest and Storm became my third team, and I saw my first game live.

And my most despised team was always Parramatta, but I was also a massive supporter of the Kangaroos so ended up with a love/hate relationship with them watching the likes of Kenny, Price and Grothe do their stuff for the national team.

Also hated St George and Canterbury Bankstown.

What has drawn me in again big time was again TV. Games on free to air, plus Kayo has got me right back into it and I loved most of Manly's season last year.

User name...was either going to be Max Krilich or Graham Eadie, and the fullback won the day. But those two were my favourite players in the 70s.

Have enjoyed reading all your thoughts, really helps give me some great insights into the club, and team.

Cheers.
Welcome to our Silvertails forum and looking forward to your posts feathered friend
Just as a matter of Interests .
Are you are committed club member of our Legendary club ?
How long have you been a club member ?
What inspired you to become one of our Great Manly supporters and club members and make a difference to our Great club ?

Welcome to our Silvertails forum and looking forward to your posts feathered friend
Just as a matter of Interests .
Are you are committed club member of our Legendary club ?
How long have you been a club member ?
What inspired you to become one of our Great Manly supporters and club members and make a difference to our Great club ?
Hi Bozo,

No, I am not yet a member, but I was reading your membership thread last night and browsed the packages, so might happen soon.

It took me quite a long time to sign up with my Aussie Rules club because I did not understand what it meant, but I know it now and I was shocked how low Manly's membership is, so I don't think I will be long.

I became a supporter when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I think it was because we were winning a lot, and playing exciting footy. Krilich was an inspirational leader and Eadie an incredible fullback. And, not forgetting the immortal Bobby Fulton slicing through the lines.

Later on, I loved watching Noel Cleal and Paul Vautin playing.

Last edited:
Hi Bozo,

No, I am not yet a member, but I was reading your membership thread last night and browsed the packages, so might happen soon.

It took me quite a long time to sign up with my Aussie Rules club because I did not understand what it meant, but I know it now and I was shocked how low Manly's membership is, so I don't think I will be long.

I became a supporter when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I think it was because we were winning a lot, and playing exciting footy. Krilich was an inspirational leader and Eadie an incredible fullback. And, not forgetting the immortal Bobby Fulton slicing through the lines.

Later on, I loved watching Noel Cleal and Paul Vautin playing.
Thank you for your reply

Thank you also for looking at committing to the Greatest club of all and contributing with club membership

Without the Contribution of the Great Manly People that support our club where it really counts.

There would be no Manly and Great players like Eadie , Krillich , Fulton, Cleal and Vautin would be playing for other clubs

Clubs do not just magically exist and survive by thin air

Clubs survive and continue to thrive by the contribution of passionate Manly people who over the years have given us the privilege to enjoy our great club and all those great players that you have mention and it is now our time to reciprocate and Give back to our Legendary club through our honorable gesture of club membership

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4